• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Happy Thread

I spent the weekend in the Allegheny National forest with my son, daughter-in-law, two youngest grandkids, and my nephew.

I stayed because I am playing in a 4-day outing starting tomorrow.

Missing them all but I'm happy to be enjoying the solitude!

20230905_181522.jpg

Bear spray is very effective, I’ve used it several times when air horns and yelling doesn’t work.
Bill, tell me more. After the other night we have started to rethink the dogs and kids around the camp.

Bill, tell me more. After the other night we have started to rethink the dogs and kids around the camp.
This is my favorite:

We had a big black bear charge us a few years ago, and my friend fired 3 shots at it with his 9 mil, and didn't faze the bear (I don't know if he hit him or not, but the noise pissed him off), I pulled this from it's holster and it stopped the bear right in his tracks, about 25 feet away... he shook his head a few times while I was ready to pull the trigger again, but then he stumbled back into the woods.

We also were sitting around the camp fire, and the dogs went crazy. We tied the dogs up after that, which really sucked for them, but we didn't want to take any chances.

This is my favorite:

We had a big black bear charge us a few years ago, and my friend fired 3 shots at it with his 9 mil, and didn't faze the bear (I don't know if he hit him or not, but the noise pissed him off), I pulled this from it's holster and it stopped the bear right in his tracks, about 25 feet away... he shook his head a few times while I was ready to pull the trigger again, but then he stumbled back into the woods.

We also were sitting around the camp fire, and the dogs went crazy. We tied the dogs up after that, which really sucked for them, but we didn't want to take any chances.
I'm sure I do not have to mention to treat the bear spray as a weapon, and handle it as such around the kids. :)