• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Happy Thread

Had dinner in the park with a few of our close friends this evening. Got street tacos from Spice Boys Taco Truck. These guys went into business like two months before COVID hit. They’ve had it rough but I think they are gonna make it. Gotta support your small local businesses in times like these 😎

7D0491C9-75B3-4D14-99C4-424381345081.jpeg57CEC27E-E22D-47F5-8F0A-A77C2D636396.jpeg

On a weekend river trip with my kids. They love the outdoor adventures I take them on. As much as we all love their mother, they know we get to behave in a way we couldn’t with her around. 😉 Being an ER Trauma nurse all those years, she can be a little overly safety conscious. Don’t worry, I made them put on life jackets right after took the first picture when we just put in
DCB7587D-EF15-49C5-8F82-8CB8A81F73B4.jpeg
138BA3DB-5C96-41C9-A244-D7686C532F32.jpegC6BC78F0-BE12-443D-BBA4-86FE0E400680.jpegE9DCD43B-07BB-4A66-8DFB-84A90B938468.jpeg

On a weekend river trip with my kids. They love the outdoor adventures I take them on. As much as we all love their mother, they know we get to behave in a way we couldn’t with her around. 😉 Being an ER Trauma nurse all those years, she can be a little overly safety conscious. Don’t worry, I made them put on life jackets right after took the first picture when we just put in
View attachment 32428
View attachment 32429View attachment 32431View attachment 32432
Very nice!!

How was that cigar?

I’m sitting some of those. They were a big disappointment for me when they were fresh. Hopefully they’ve improved if not they’ll stay buried.
My comment was little running joke between Bill and I he will get.
The cigars are actually surprisingly very good right now. You should try one! They were really bizarre fresh.

I live across the street from a school. The other day I was heading out to run an errand and a guy was setting up a hammock between some trees on the school's front lawn. We made eye contact and he said, "don't worry, I'm just practicing setting it up." I told him I understand, I love camping and have done the practice run setting gear up in the backyard before.

I just ordered one yesterday, think we're going to go backpacking next weekend. Does yours have any sorry of rain fly?
No, but I plan on buying one for backpacking. My hammock was made by Grand Trunk and was a last minute purchase before we headed out. I was watching the weather and knew it was supposed to be nice the night we were there. The same company sells them as an accessory. I got the idea after seeing Rob @Nihon_Ni post about one on his Facebook page. Not sure what brand/model he bought, but I’m sure he researched it well.

ETA: I honestly picked mine because it had mosquito netting. A must have on the river.

Last edited:
View attachment 32428
By the way, the fact that your kids (at their age) would want to spend the weekend with dad... is very impressive.

By the way, the fact that your kids (at their age) would want to spend the weekend with dad... is very impressive.
Yeah, I’m lucky that way. They’re good kids and never give me any trouble. My son is almost 20 and my daughter is 16. We tried the sports thing and neither seemed to care for the crazy baseball dads, or soccer moms. They really took to the outdoors though. They love fishing, hunting, backpacking, and stuff like this river canoe trip. They frequently thank me for the adventures I take them on.

No, but I plan on buying one for backpacking. My hammock was made by Grand Trunk and was a last minute purchase before we headed out. I was watching the weather and knew it was supposed to be nice the night we were there. The same company sells them as an accessory. I got the idea after seeing Rob @Nihon_Ni post about one on his Facebook page. Not sure what brand/model he bought, but I’m sure he researched it well.

ETA: I honestly picked mine because it had mosquito netting. A must have on the river.

Mine is an REI model that isn't offered anymore. My first night in a hammock was a game-changer for me! I may never hike with a tent again.

Well, we'll see how the one I got off Amazon works out. Going to be the next weekend now, plans always changing. 👎

View attachment 32428

Brings back good memories, when my kids were old enough (around 8) I would take each one up to the Buffalo River in north Arkansas. We went every year. I told my wife it gave me a chance to spend quality time with each of them (which was true), but it also let me canoe the Buffalo three times each summer!

Brings back good memories, when my kids were old enough (around 8) I would take each one up to the Buffalo River in north Arkansas. We went every year. I told my wife it gave me a chance to spend quality time with each of them (which was true), but it also let me canoe the Buffalo three times each summer!
Yeah, it’s a great time! Love the smell on the river. Seeing deer, bald eagles, geese, and the varieties of herons. The smallmouth bass fishing is great! Shooting the rapids is great fun! I’m getting older and it takes me a few days to recover after a trip. I feel like by the time I’m in my 60’s I may be too old to do it any longer. I’m sure I’ll miss it then.