• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Happy Thread

Happy that my "retirement" is over and I'm back at the grind. This season of being laid off and unemployed, has been the hardest thing I've had to go through. I started with Windstream (Telecommunications) on Monday 11/2, in the Process Transformation group. Not sure if any of you are involved with Six Sigma or Agile methodologies, but looking forward to this change of pace and being an individual contributor again.

The only thing is this role is 100% remote, unless something drastically changes. The corporate America as we know it, where companies have huge buildings/real estate, I think will be something of the past. I like the fact that I can roll out of bed and get to work, but the lack social interaction might get to me, eventually.

Happy that my "retirement" is over and I'm back at the grind. This season of being laid off and unemployed, has been the hardest thing I've had to go through. I started with Windstream (Telecommunications) on Monday 11/2, in the Process Transformation group. Not sure if any of you are involved with Six Sigma or Agile methodologies, but looking forward to this change of pace and being an individual contributor again.

The only thing is this role is 100% remote, unless something drastically changes. The corporate America as we know it, where companies have huge buildings/real estate, I think will be something of the past. I like the fact that I can roll out of bed and get to work, but the lack social interaction might get to me, eventually.

Congrats on getting back at it!

I agree that business are going to start realizing they don't need invest in bee hives when most people can easily work from home. One thing I can say COVID has done has made people at my job more efficient in the sense that employees are doing a lot less face to face communications and more via email. I like this because it leaves a record, and when someone says "I didn't say that... I said...." well now most of that is dead.

Congrats! Yeah I definitely see a major shit happening. My company for example has told only necessary on site employees they may return to the office in June 2021 at the earliest, but myself they have told us we would be permanently remote. My wife’s company before laying her off went even a step further and leased their office space out and moved their entire operation to 100% remote workforce. Definitely glad I wasnt heavily invested in commercial real estate.

She’ll never read this but my wife is fantastic and really makes me happy. This is brought on by the dinner she crafted tonight: steaks, twice baked potatoes, roasted asparagus and butternut squash. Amazing dinner and just because is Saturday- no real reason. She’s an awesome lady for her meal planning alone and she’s so much more. I really married up. But then again, so did she. We’re a great pair but she is definitely the better half.

Haven’t posted in a while but been trying to catch up here and there and glad to see the usual suspect are still up to their antics ;).
Life is grand for us. Daughter is almost a year, cigars are getting lots of rest. Wife and I are still happily employed and counting our blessings everyday.
Been breaking my back in the yard and constant projects on the house. No projects worthy of a share, not yet.