• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Happy Thread

This could go in the unhappy thread but I think it's better here.

The search for the fridge continues but I think I will have it by end of day.

My gas water heater is fairly new and it's just me so it's been lightly used. A couple weeks ago I started noticing that I didn't have a lot of hot water. It progressed to the point of 30 seconds of hot water and then luke warm water so I knew it was the dip tube.

I had one hell of a time finding a dip tube. Apparently, they just don't go bad and so they are rare as hen's teeth. Finally found one, put it in last night, and had a long hot shower this morning!

This could go in the unhappy thread but I think it's better here.

The search for the fridge continues but I think I will have it by end of day.

My gas water heater is fairly new and it's just me so it's been lightly used. A couple weeks ago I started noticing that I didn't have a lot of hot water. It progressed to the point of 30 seconds of hot water and then luke warm water so I knew it was the dip tube.

I had one hell of a time finding a dip tube. Apparently, they just don't go bad and so they are rare as hen's teeth. Finally found one, put it in last night, and had a long hot shower this morning!
Nice, we had the bottom rust out of ours and flood the basement a couple years ago, that wasn't awesome.

Nice, we had the bottom rust out of ours and flood the basement a couple years ago, that wasn't awesome.
No, and it never seems like those things happen at any time but the worst absolute possible!

But then, who sits around saying "this might be a good day for the water heater to shit the bed"!

Well, after getting my unhappiness off my chest, I took control of my day and turned it around. I was able to simultaneously get the wife an extra 2 hours of sleep, while managing the kids, drinking coffee, and smoking a Warped Sky Flower on the back deck, while reading. I wedged all of my remaining logs, so now they are ready to be split with my mauling axe. I got over to Lowes, and was able to wrap up numerous honey-do's. Now I have 2 more hours before both kids go off to sleep overs and the wife and I get to go out for dinner. So, again, thank you for allowing me a podium to vent, earlier.

Well, after getting my unhappiness off my chest, I took control of my day and turned it around. I was able to simultaneously get the wife an extra 2 hours of sleep, while managing the kids, drinking coffee, and smoking a Warped Sky Flower on the back deck, while reading. I wedged all of my remaining logs, so now they are ready to be split with my mauling axe. I got over to Lowes, and was able to wrap up numerous honey-do's. Now I have 2 more hours before both kids go off to sleep overs and the wife and I get to go out for dinner. So, again, thank you for allowing me a podium to vent, earlier.
Awesome man! Always feels good to check off some of those boxes so you don’t feel as weighted down with endless amounts of stuff to do. 🙂

Me and the oldest boy went canoeing today. It was a beautiful afternoon out, we had such a good time. Found a place to portage and do a bit of swimming then he said I'm the best dad ever and that he had a perfect day. Boy makes me damn proud to be a dad.
20210726_190523.jpg

Last edited: