• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Happy Thread

I am happy!

Yesterday, my 18 year old grandson and I changed the fuel filters on his 2018 F-350 diesel. There is one on the frame rail and one at the engine. I understand it's a high pressure system and the truck will not run if there is any air in the system or if there is a leak for air to get into the system.

It was all pretty simple but the truck wouldn't start. We looked at Youtube videos and one guys says tighten the canister as tight as you can get it plus a little more, another guy says "don't over-tighten".

I took it all apart this morning and redid everything from scratch, but lubed the shit out of the frame rail canister, and the truck started right up.

My grandson is at school right now but when I texted him a video of the truck running he was so happy!

Thanks. Wasn't luck. As you said, it was the work put in.
I didn't mean to imply it was luck. I just know that hard work and attention to detail can sometimes use a little luck. Hell your pen could have quit in the middle, or the internet could have gone out, or your dog could have eaten your homework! 😄

I didn't mean to imply it was luck. I just know that hard work and attention to detail can sometimes use a little luck. Hell your pen could have quit in the middle, or the internet could have gone out, or your dog could have eaten your homework! 😄
The pen did die halfway through! But you are right, hardworking and attention to detail can always benefit from a little bit of luck too.

So the light at the end of the tunnel is almost here. The 7 day span from last Friday to tomorrow includes 24hrs spent working at the hospital (btwn clinicals and the ER), I took 5 exams/tests/pre-tests (w/ scores running from 85% to 93%), our Painter has turned the bulk of the common areas un our house into a construction site as he begins repainting, my wife has been gone for half a week on business leaving me to manage 2 kids and a puppy and all of their activities (soccer, puppy day care, meltdowns, and getting to school and back, feedings) and other less impressive yet still energy and time consuming activities. I got to the beach for a week with the family on Saturday and I'm so looking forward to that!
Big week, I've had and having come through it still alive, I'm happy.

Spent the day in the high country yesterday and found several pounds of Lobster Mushrooms.

View attachment 60601
View attachment 60602
I need to read up on mushrooms and learn. I’m afraid to forage them because they are either delicious and are good for you or they kill you. Or sometimes get you high. But I don’t wanna die so…

I need to read up on mushrooms and learn. I’m afraid to forage them because they are either delicious and are good for you or they kill you. Or sometimes get you high. But I don’t wanna die so…
Totally agree! These are so easily recognized that it's one of the few I'll grab. We did actually find some magik shrooms but left them in the cow patties. Lol