• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Happy Thread

Off on holiday in about four hours to Copenhagen, Stockholm, and Oslo. We will be able to check off three new countries that we have never been to yet. COVID has canceled this trip on us twice before, so excited to finally be going!

Spent the last two days on a roof, building an addition on a friends condo on Lake Erie.

25 MPH winds with 40 MPH gusts. Almost got blown off a couple times!

Absolutely exhausted! But happy I can still do stuff like this!
View attachment 61734
Lake Erie? As in the one I'm Michigan practically a stones throw from my door?

Spent the last two days on a roof, building an addition on a friends condo on Lake Erie.

25 MPH winds with 40 MPH gusts. Almost got blown off a couple times!

Absolutely exhausted! But happy I can still do stuff like this!
View attachment 61734
Three days of work to get this far.

The deck which will now be an enlarged bedroom had a poured concrete floor which was a bitch to remove, then flashing and italian roof tile, then build the walls to accomadate a 8ft by 6ft window to
overlook the lake.

Once again, I am beat.... but feel good.
20221024_170531.jpg

Three days of work to get this far.

The deck which will now be an enlarged bedroom had a poured concrete floor which was a bitch to remove, then flashing and italian roof tile, then build the walls to accomadate a 8ft by 6ft window to
overlook the lake.

Once again, I am beat.... but feel good.
View attachment 61956
20221025_170014.jpg

Just signed my final Job offer papers for a bit of a promotion. Little more pay (good because the wife wants to stay home with our boy as much as possible) and I get to work from home 3 days a week so more time with the fam as well since I commute about an hour and a half every day. Better hours as well since I’ll be off at 5 every day so hopefully I can hop in on the v herf on Wednesdays. Lots of benefits to this promotion so I’m pretty excited. Start in 2 weeks

Just signed my final Job offer papers for a bit of a promotion. Little more pay (good because the wife wants to stay home with our boy as much as possible) and I get to work from home 3 days a week so more time with the fam as well since I commute about an hour and a half every day. Better hours as well since I’ll be off at 5 every day so hopefully I can hop in on the v herf on Wednesdays. Lots of benefits to this promotion so I’m pretty excited. Start in 2 weeks
Congrats!

Had my cancer follow up yesterday, at my Ocular Oncologist. Eyes dilated, lots of bright photos and a shot in my eye. Doctor said the tumor shrank from 3.2mm to 3mm, so I'll take that as a win. He did say that it might not shrink a lot, but as long as it's dying, he'll be happy. All in all, I'm happy about the prognosis. Still on schedule for yearly MRIs, X-rays, Ultrasounds and blood work.

On my birthday last week, it was announced that I'd be losing my job. Typically not something people would be happy with, but it's a chance for change. As a dad/husband, I've always looked for stability in pay/benefits. Something that pays the bills, takes care of everything we have and has great benefits, with the sacrifice of loving what I did. I just think it's something we settle for, because it's needed. I have an opportunity to find something I really enjoy doing, so we'll see. It's always scary, being let go from anywhere. It's that unknown and all the questions that go with it, that make this hard to get through.

In both of these instances, I honestly think a positive attitude, really does help. They both aren't things we'd wish on ourselves or anyone else. It's on us to find the joy, in the process. I love this video: