• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Happy Thread

AC was blowing air, but not cooling. House went from 70 to 79 at some point and how I didn't notice, is beyond me. Anyway, checked the filters, checked the evaporator coils and cleaned/washed out the outside condenser coils. Finally decided to test the capacitor and while the fan side was fine, the herm side (compressor motor) was shot. Went to a local Electrical/AC supply and bought a new one for $16.50 out the door. Saved me I'd guess $100-$150. Happy to say we're back to cooling.

AC was blowing air, but not cooling. House went from 70 to 79 at some point and how I didn't notice, is beyond me. Anyway, checked the filters, checked the evaporator coils and cleaned/washed out the outside condenser coils. Finally decided to test the capacitor and while the fan side was fine, the herm side (compressor motor) was shot. Went to a local Electrical/AC supply and bought a new one for $16.50 out the door. Saved me I'd guess $100-$150. Happy to say we're back to cooling.
I think you saved a lot more than that. We have a service plan because I’m afraid touch anything mechanical like that.

We were sitting by the fire tonight, at my sons camp, in the Allegheny National Forest. My son's dog (remy), my son, daughter in law, and nephew exploded! A bear had confronted Remington and it was on!

My son and nephew ran at the bear, my daughter in law went for the kids who were 30 feet away from the bear, I sat by the fire not knowing what was going on.

Sometimes getting old is okay.😁

These systems are fun... and I hate our HVAC company with a passion. Spent about 800 this last 12 months trying to address an issue with my system that they continued to come out for and not resolve... fixed it myself after becoming an "expert" and demanded they give me 500 back. Check just arrived today.

Oh.. and it was the condensate pump line. It was clogged. Insane that they didn't get this, especially when the pump was overflowing. Replaced the pump (the motor was probably getting worked from the constant pumping) and took an air compressor to push out the clog.

We were sitting by the fire tonight, at my sons camp, in the Allegheny National Forest. My son's dog (remy), my son, daughter in law, and nephew exploded! A bear had confronted Remington and it was on!

My son and nephew ran at the bear, my daughter in law went for the kids who were 30 feet away from the bear, I sat by the fire not knowing what was going on.

Sometimes getting old is okay.😁
I am more than just a little concerned about this. It was a huge bear and it walked right up on all of us. We were talking, laughing, music playing.

My two grandkids were in the creek playing 50 yards away from us and it walked right past them.

These systems are fun... and I hate our HVAC company with a passion. Spent about 800 this last 12 months trying to address an issue with my system that they continued to come out for and not resolve... fixed it myself after becoming an "expert" and demanded they give me 500 back. Check just arrived today.

Oh.. and it was the condensate pump line. It was clogged. Insane that they didn't get this, especially when the pump was overflowing. Replaced the pump (the motor was probably getting worked from the constant pumping) and took an air compressor to push out the clog.

I’m a process minded person. I try and run through the process and eliminate what could be the issue, starting with what makes the most sense first.

Nice job, I’m honestly surprised they gave you money back.

I am more than just a little concerned about this. It was a huge bear and it walked right up on all of us. We were talking, laughing, music playing.

My two grandkids were in the creek playing 50 yards away from us and it walked right past them.
Shame on you guys for not being louder. Maybe that beer was trying to tell you guys to stop partying like a bunch of middle school kids.

Y’all are very fortunate that the bear (correct spelling Jon :) ) was just curious and not preparing for hybernation.

Y’all are very fortunate that the bear (correct spelling Jon :) ) was just curious and not preparing for hybernation.
It is pretty desolate here and they dump rogue bears here which are trapped in cities like Pittsburgh.

The problem is, these bears are not afraid of people and this could have ended badly.

But it's a felony to shoot them. If I had the proper gun with me, I would not have hesitated to shoot it to save the dog.

It is pretty desolate here and they dump rogue bears here which are trapped in cities like Pittsburgh.

The problem is, these bears are not afraid of people and this could have ended badly.

But it's a felony to shoot them. If I had the proper gun with me, I would not have hesitated to shoot it to save the dog.
Bear spray is very effective, I’ve used it several times when air horns and yelling doesn’t work.