• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hate you guys....

I do agree with Hayden, though, on pretty much all of that. My first concern when hearing your plan was if the wood is at all permeated with smells of black powder and Hoppes No. 9. If you are sure that odor won't be an issue (that stuff might be an actual health issue, too -- I don't know), then I think it's a cool project!

I'm not too concerned about any odor. The wood has a good coat of poly on it that can be scrubbed down, and it hasn't seen any black powder in a couple decades.

Its coming

I knew this picture was going to get posted. You're the one I referred to about holding stock of a thousand sticks.... .......

PM me if you want more info on how to program the beads and build a rack for your coolerdor.

Noted. Thank you sir.

Mosin-Nagant?

That's the easy one to identify. Bonus points if you can name the other two in the picture

It's a cool project, outgrowing it may or may not happen. That shouldn't effect your decision to do this. I agree with what everyone has said for the most part. My cabinet has active humidity and I love it. This is what I use <<LINK>> but there are others out there. I think you should take week to decide if you are going to miss that cabinet in the end.

Thanks for the link. That's the kind of device I was thinking of, but didn't know what it'd be called. Spendy. Looks like passive might be the better option for now. As for starting construction on the project, I never jump right in on stuff like this. I sit and stare at it for an unnecessarily long time. The cabinet has been empty for some time though. I didn't like the idea of my weapons sitting out where they could be stolen, so they moved to their new home- a 36 gun safe. And like cigars, with all that space, it started filling up with new additions.

It’s doable. Here is a humidor that I built… I have since reworked it a little by leveling the top shelves to hold boxes rather than display trays.

That's sweet!! I love the cabinet itself, and then converting it with some excellent "wallpaper" was perfect. nicely done.

That's what I did, and it works great. Line with plastic drop cloth and then luan, Spanish cedar shelves and drawers, beads/silica kitty litter for humidification. Couldn't be happier, less upkeep than my coolers I had before. Happy to answer any questing you have.

Old picture of it :
View attachment 52614

Yesss!! Glad i'm not the only genius here on this forum :)

I honestly wouldn’t worry about adding any cedar if you’re storing boxes inside. You can buy Spanish Cedar trays for singles.

I honestly wouldn’t worry about adding any cedar if you’re storing boxes inside. You can buy Spanish Cedar trays for singles.

I probably won't be buying any boxes any time soon. I like trying new ones to keep experimenting. I do have (6) 7"x18" 1/4" thick pieces of spanish cedar that I was going to use for the other humidor, that would cover a good bit of the inside. I need to message the guy I bought it from on facebook marketplace and see if he has any more, or where he got it. 35$ shipped was a steal.

The other option is to just build some shelving pieces to put tupperwares on.

I probably won't be buying any boxes any time soon. I like trying new ones to keep experimenting. I do have (6) 7"x18" 1/4" thick pieces of spanish cedar that I was going to use for the other humidor, that would cover a good bit of the inside. I need to message the guy I bought it from on facebook marketplace and see if he has any more, or where he got it. 35$ shipped was a steal.

The other option is to just build some shelving pieces to put tupperwares on.
What are you wanting the Spanish cedar for?

To line the interior of the cabinet with.
Use Luan sheets, way cheaper, easier to work with, and does just as much to help maintain humidity. The Spanish cedar from the boxes and if you have any shelves/drawers will be plenty.