• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hockey

Not really. They had a fantastic year last season. The West is just a logjam. Some solid teams with good seasons will miss the playoffs. Not sure how it stands now but 1st-5th in the pacific division was seperated by 4-5 points.

Ducks vs. Kings tonight. Wonder if they're gonna put Emery in net. I hope so, the Kings could use the help scoring wise. Huge game in terms of WC and PD points and standings!

GO KINGS!!!

Great game between the ducks and kings tonight. Unfortunately the kings came out on top. I must say that the no call slash at the end was a bit disturbing, the ref even had his arm up, put it down for the puck to pass him, put it back up and called the icing. C Mac is struggling quite a bit, the Ducks need Hiller ASAP. Congrats for the win this round LA fans.

GO DUCKS.

Yup, that's about right. Just a quick (or not so quick) trip down the 5 freeway and I'm in Anaheim. The two fanbases are pretty much right on top of each other, and while there isn't the rivalry in traditional terms (Kings/Ducks have never made the playoffs in the same season), there's a pretty serious and sometimes explosive cross-town rivalry.

Yup, that's about right. Just a quick (or not so quick) trip down the 5 freeway and I'm in Anaheim. The two fanbases are pretty much right on top of each other, and while there isn't the rivalry in traditional terms (Kings/Ducks have never made the playoffs in the same season), there's a pretty serious and sometimes explosive cross-town rivalry.

It would quickly make a great rivalry if both teams start making the playoffs and face each other a few years in a row. It'd be good to see that happen, anything to give hockey more coverage in such a large market.

Seriously! Not that he's "the piece" to make the Kings a SC contender, but he's a top 6 forward that the Kings just got without having to give up a roster player. Combine that w/ re-signing Williams earlier today and I'm pretty satisfied right now. Would be nice to still have Sturm here, but oh well.

Now those Kings/Ducks games will have another layer of intrigue.

GO KINGS!!!

Toronto vs Penguins tomorrow. Who ya taking? Obviously I am taking my injury plagued Penguins.

And then there were 6. Not since Orr and Esposito played have the B's won 6 in a row on the road.

Doc.

Doc, that was the year they won the cup too, is it a sign? I sure hope so!

is Savard out for the season? I like that guy he just has horrible luck.

Yeah. He's been on IR permanantly since early February. It's a shame. Hopefully he'll be healthy enough to keep playing next season. I've heard rumors of retierment.

is Savard out for the season? I like that guy he just has horrible luck.

Yeah. He's been on IR permanantly since early February. It's a shame. Hopefully he'll be healthy enough to keep playing next season. I've heard rumors of retierment.

I hope he doesn't retire but with the concussion and all the other injuries he has sustained I would not blame him one bit.

Boston is looking like the real deal this year. With Thomas playing insanely and Rask getting shut outs.

I think Tampa and the Flyers may be the only teams that have a shot against Boston but I don't like their goal tending as much as Boston's. I don't know if there's a team in the West that could take Boston now either. Of course, if the Buds make it in my money's on them.

I'm heading to the Canes / Sabers game tonight at the RBC. It's always a treat to go to the Buffalo game and have to be around the most obnoxious fans in the NHL. ;)