• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hockey

I was a Tim Thomas fan before the ASG, but I really like the dude after. Damn near everytime they showed him he had a smile or big grin on his face. Nice to see a player seemingly have so much fun out there.

Plus the goalie fastest skate was a sight to behold. Big Z breaking the record for hardest shot, again. Good stuff.

I liked the fastest Goalie race. Tim Thomas is a great hockey player and he is good for hockey. The guy I like and feel very bad for is Marc Savard. He has such great talent but keeps getting injured. He is another one of those guys who is good for hockey.

i usually dont like watching the all star game, but this one was half fun to watch. i liked the additions to the skills competition, always fun to see these guys having a good time

I loved Thomas just completely ignoring Carey Price who was talking about a Weber or Chara slap shot during the draft.

Is anyone excited for the Heritage Classic?

Pretty decent trade today for the leafs
beauchamin for lupul, gardiner, and a condition draft pick

Hopefully lupul can bring us some offense, and from what i've seen of gardiner, hes a fast moving scoring defense men at the college level, 30 points in 30 games, with a great +-.

anyone else pumped for the trades to come before the deadline?

Burke has a press conference at 4 pm today...hopefully there's more than just that to come...

The Bruins have the opportunity to turn a good team into a great team by actively shopping their coveted 1st round pick, which is likely to be a lottery pick no matter what Burke does today. The B's certainly have needs at center as Savard needs to be replaced. Seguin is not ready to fill that hole. Hell, he's a heathy scratch tonight against the Habs. I'm looking forward to see what might develop.

Doc.

I'm expecting the Bruins to make a splash Doc, whether they trade for a center or D. Watch them pick up Kaberle now.

The Flyers need to pick up a winger so they can move Nodl to the fourth line with Betts and Powe and shelve Carcillo. Then activate Shelley in games against the Rangers and Pens,

I heard the Bruins may be looking at Joni Pitkanen from the Canes.

The Flyers are looking at Jussi Jokinen also, but I don't think Rutherford is going to be in selling mode because of them being in 8th place right now.

Speaking of which, I'll be traveling to Raleigh next Friday to watch my beloved Flyers throttle the Canes in the RBC Center!

I'll be there also. The only reason I'm excited about the game is the retiring of Brind'amour's #17. The Canes don't using play well against the Flyers but, hey anybody can be beaten on anyday.

I'll be there also. The only reason I'm excited about the game is the retiring of Brind'amour's #17. The Canes don't using play well against the Flyers but, hey anybody can be beaten on anyday.

I'm glad they're doing it that night. I just wish I had an old Brind'Amour Flyers jersey! As good as Primeau was for Philly, I hated seeing Rod go.

I'm expecting the Bruins to make a splash Doc, whether they trade for a center or D. Watch them pick up Kaberle now.

Maybe trade him for this years first round pick from the Leafs...?

Wouldn't that be nice. ill be disappointed is kaberle is a leafs on march 1st.
and if possible ship komiserik where ever kaberle goes. that would be the happiest day of my life.

This Bruins vs. Montreal is turning into an interesting game. The fans are in it, the goalies fought each other, and the penalty box had standing room only.
5 goals in 4 minutes or something like that. :thumbs:

That was a shit show. 1200 some odd games in a season that hardly get a peep on US TV and this one makes all the national sports shows. Regardless of how you feel about fighting it certainly gets people to pay attention.

That was a shit show. 1200 some odd games in a season that hardly get a peep on US TV and this one makes all the national sports shows. Regardless of how you feel about fighting it certainly gets people to pay attention.

Ironic isn't it? The league institutes rules to curb fighting to clean up it's image and attract more fans, but the games that get all the fan attention are the ones with donnybrooks. As you might have figured, I prefer the old way. There was a time and place for instigators and bench clearing brawls and every once and awhile it's appropriate to beat a fan with his shoe. Hockey is not a better game now that it was in the '70s.

Doc.

I can't remember the exact date but one of my favourite games that I can still remember after seeing hundreds of games was years ago. Toronto - Detroit. It was one of the last bench clearing brawls in the NHL and it was awesome. I don't want to see line brawls every game but between two teams that dislike each other it's fun to watch.

A lot of non-hockey fans decry the fighting but we all know, that's what grabs everyone's attention and is usually what everyone looks forward to. Just about every person I've talked to always asks about the fighting, and it's never been a bad conversation, usually they just ask what the deal is with it.

One of my favorite memories as a new hockey fan was a full brawl between the Kings and Sens around 02 or 03. My man Felix Potvin taking on Jani Hurme. Adam Deadmarsh skating by a Sen, pointing right at him and yelling, "YOU'RE F***ING NEXT!!!"