• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hockey

Colorado is still quite powerful. Will the bottom ever fall out?

Sharks, always at or near the top during the regular season. But the playoff question always remains.

Coyotes, Dave Tippett has done a fantastic job, but I still wonder how long they'll stay in Glendale/Phoenix.

I am still in shock that Colorado is doing so well with the roster that they have. I know they have lost quite a few core players yet they play solid hockey, hats off to them. The Sharks seem to retool and keep picking up verterns in the off season to try and get the monkey off their backs. But I still do not think they will get past that first series in the playoffs ( or at least I hope they do not :D ). On a better note I am glad that Dave Tippett is coaching again and that the Yotes are playing fairly well. Sad to see him not on the Kings bench but glad to see him doing so well. I can not wait for tonights game so I can see the young kids on the Blackhawks.

Go Kings Go.

Damn the NHL and signing with Verses (the TV channel). I was unable to watch the game >.<

The Bruins are driving me nuts. The only good thing about this season is the Habs are doing worse.

Doc.

But when you get Lucic and Savard back it'll be like a great trade with no down side if they can stay within 5 points or so of 6 th.

So the first game of the year I get to go to is against Philly and well the Kings got outplayed and lost the game. They were out played in the second and once again the opposing team took advantage of their power plays while the team were gifted a 5 on 3 for a full two minutes and did nothing with. Well hopefully the next game that i will be going towill have better results too bad the Kings play the Blackhawks :(

So the first game of the year I get to go to is against Philly and well the Kings got outplayed and lost the game. They were out played in the second and once again the opposing team took advantage of their power plays while the team were gifted a 5 on 3 for a full two minutes and did nothing with. Well hopefully the next game that i will be going towill have better results too bad the Kings play the Blackhawks :(
What's the atmostphere like at a Kings game?

Come late. Be seen. Leave early. Typical LA fan, regardless of sport. ;)

Doc.

Colorado is still quite powerful. Will the bottom ever fall out?

Sharks, always at or near the top during the regular season. But the playoff question always remains.

Coyotes, Dave Tippett has done a fantastic job, but I still wonder how long they'll stay in Glendale/Phoenix.

I am still in shock that Colorado is doing so well with the roster that they have. I know they have lost quite a few core players yet they play solid hockey, hats off to them. The Sharks seem to retool and keep picking up verterns in the off season to try and get the monkey off their backs. But I still do not think they will get past that first series in the playoffs ( or at least I hope they do not :D ). On a better note I am glad that Dave Tippett is coaching again and that the Yotes are playing fairly well. Sad to see him not on the Kings bench but glad to see him doing so well. I can not wait for tonights game so I can see the young kids on the Blackhawks.

Go Kings Go.

I have stayed out of this thread because I am superstitious that as soon as I say anything the Avs will suck out. But I can not hold it. The Avs are shocking me with what they are doing right now. They have a couple young guys that are a year or three into it and have a good core group starting to build. I hate to say it though, but I think that in the end there youth will show. But between my Avs and the Hawks, I am liking hockey right now! Plus the Wings are not dominating...not yet anyways.

Kings Fan, In regards to the Sharks you are dead on...they are picking up vets and or big names to retool, but just adding more talent that can not seem to build that chemistry. I compare it alot to what the Avs used to do, picking up big names either in the off season and or at the trade deadline and not getting much for it. just my 2 cents.

Come late. Be seen. Leave early. Typical LA fan, regardless of sport. ;)

Doc.

HEY! Take it easy, Doc! We Kings fans are not like any other sports fans in L.A.! There's a lot of pride among Kings fans, and we don't typically act the way Lakers fans (of which I am still one) and most certainly not Raiders fans do. While I can't speak for the whole lot of us, Kings fans typically show up relatively on time, are diehard (you'd have to be since there hasn't been a whole lot of success lately), as well as fairly knowledgeable about the sport. Many have been fans since the expansion in '67 and cane remember the days of Vachon and Dionne as well as the Great Western Forum.

Speaking for myself, an admitted Johnny-come-lately to the hockey scene, I get there way before the puck drops (I love watching warm-ups) and I won't leave until the final horn sounds (even if the Kings are getting blown out). I'm a company man too, with a closet full of jerseys, shirts, hats, and other misc. Kings paraphenalia.

Now I know your comment was said in jest, I got that, but don't think we're typical L.A. fans. We're not. We may be a bit psychotic, but damn it, we're not fairweather fans who go to be seen and talk on our cells!

If, for any reason, anybody wants to check out more about the Kings, or LA hockey fans in general, I invite you to letsgokings.com, and no I'm not a shill! :laugh:

Okay, I need a beer and a smoke now. :D

I'm not gonna make it to the game this Saturday, so handle the fort for me Shant and make sure those Hawk fans don't get too rowdy!

Well the game against the Hawks went fairly well. Both teams played a clean game and the Kings won the game via the shootout. The Kings seems to be a bit snake-bitten when it came to how the puck bounced but they did come lucky when the Hawks hit the post a few times. Kings goal Jonathan Quick played ever ever well in net last night and honestly he was the reason why the Kings won. The Hawks had more shots on net and better scoring opportunities yet they could not get the puck past Quick more then once. I can not wait until Tuesday and a few buddies and I will be invading the Ducks. :thumbs:

Well the game against the Hawks went fairly well. Both teams played a clean game and the Kings won the game via the shootout. The Kings seems to be a bit snake-bitten when it came to how the puck bounced but they did come lucky when the Hawks hit the post a few times. Kings goal Jonathan Quick played ever ever well in net last night and honestly he was the reason why the Kings won. The Hawks had more shots on net and better scoring opportunities yet they could not get the puck past Quick more then once. I can not wait until Tuesday and a few buddies and I will be invading the Ducks. :thumbs:

As a huge KINGS fan, I watch basically every game but I did not get to see that whole game I was only able to watch the shootout. Quick has been so great for us definately in shootouts. I'm glad we proved that we can beat the hawks even though they have all that young talent. Sadly I won't be able to watch Kings vs. Ducks on tuesday cuz i'll be workin :angry:

GO KINGS GO!

The Bruins locked up Marc Savard for the next seven years, for the paltry sum of 4.2 million a year. Whew! He'd have gotten a whole lot more as an UFA. What can I say, once a Bruin, always a Bruin. Ya got to love it here in the North East if your a hockey player, unless your name is Kessel, but we got the Leafs' future in return.
laugh.gif

Doc.

The Bruins locked up Marc Savard for the next seven years, for the paltry sum of 4.2 million a year. Whew! He'd have gotten a whole lot more as an UFA. What can I say, once a Bruin, always a Bruin. Ya got to love it here in the North East if your a hockey player, unless your name is Kessel, but we got the Leafs' future in return.
laugh.gif

Doc.

Dick :angry:

laugh.gif

Doc.

Dick
mad.gif

That's so out of character for a Canadian.
laugh.gif
I just can't understand it.
Doc.

Top Ten emotions Kessels' return will inspire this Sat. nite. My link I'm hoping for #9.

Doc.

Well as long Kessel gets up I'm all for #9 as well. One of the greatest 'fights' I've ever laughed at was Chara and McCabe when Chara was tossing McCabe around like a rag doll. Hopefully it's a good game, my buddy drove down there, all 12 hours, from Toronto to catch the game for his birthday.

Fuggin' Habs. I so wanted to ruin their Birthday celebration. It was inspiring to see Emile Bouchard's and Elmer Lach's numbers retired. It was about time. Talk about injustices. They both were elected to the Hall in 1966, I believe. I was a Habs fan when I was a kid, mostly because we couldn't get Boston TV, but did get channel 6 in Montreal. They had both retired by the time I was watching Hockey Night in Canada, but the stories and the high lites were shown over and over. I pity Toronto tonite!

Doc.