• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hockey

Aaaaaaand the Stars start the season 0-1... Son of a bitch.

I dont follow NHL pretty much at all. I do however love bringing my daughter to see our local team The Albany River Rats. We caught the season opener last night. Rats lost 6-3. BOO!!

Bruins blew out the "Caines last night 7-2. Hard to believe this is the team that sent the B's packing in the playoffs. Turned into a donnybrook. Shawn Thornton lived up to his movie character counterpart's reputation, beating the snot out of the taller Alberts, who had earlier earned Savard's outrage for a cheap shot on Sturm. 7 goals by 7 different players. 13 B's tallied on the score sheet. All in all, the Bruins proved they're as tough a team as there is in the league.

Doc.

Bruins blew out the "Caines last night 7-2. Hard to believe this is the team that sent the B's packing in the playoffs. Turned into a donnybrook. Shawn Thornton lived up to his movie character counterpart's reputation, beating the snot out of the taller Alberts, who had earlier earned Savard's outrage for a cheap shot on Sturm. 7 goals by 7 different players. 13 B's tallied on the score sheet. All in all, the Bruins proved they're as tough a team as there is in the league.

Doc.

Yea, but Alberts isn't a fighter (I know because he played for the Flyers last year). The B's will be good, but we'll have to place a little wager on the Winter Classic.....especially if I can get tickets!

I guarantee Thornton doesn't stand a chance against ANY of the Flyers fighters.

Kings played one horrible game last night, getting beat by the Yotes 6-3. Man, that was depressing. I blame it on rust. They should be better next time. Meanwhile, I don't know if it will last, but Phoenix played with some determination! Man, they are not letting the future of the franchise get them down (at least for now). And for some reason Bryzgalov always plays lights out against the Kings. Tippett was a good choice for them as head coach.

Hard to say if the Bruins looked good or Carolina looked bad (poor Ward) but if they keep on rolling they might be up there with the Penguins and the Caps in the East.

Here's hoping Anaheim plays better. I've got Hillier and Giggy in my pool along with Lundquist.

No offense, Rural Guy, but I hope Anaheim sinks to the bottom of the league. Just my spiteful Kings fan .02

No offense, Rural Guy, but I hope Anaheim sinks to the bottom of the league. Just my spiteful Kings fan .02

Well, as long as they lose every game 1-0 after a shoot out (0-0 after 65 minutes counts as a shut out in my league) and Henrik wins 60 games they can go 0-0-82 for all I care, :D

Kings played one horrible game last night, getting beat by the Yotes 6-3. Man, that was depressing. I blame it on rust. They should be better next time. Meanwhile, I don't know if it will last, but Phoenix played with some determination! Man, they are not letting the future of the franchise get them down (at least for now). And for some reason Bryzgalov always plays lights out against the Kings. Tippett was a good choice for them as head coach.

I'll be honest I introduced my face to my bedroom wall a couple of times during the home opener for the Kings. I know the team has new faces but ffs Phoenix was lights out. But on a good note Anze Kopitar is awesome.

Why cant the Ducks be like the good old Ducks back when they entered the league? :D

*bump*

4 game win streak and heading to MSG next to take on the Rags and their own streak.

Go Kings Go!

Rangers on a 5 game winning streak, I'm really not thrilled about this game at all, one of us is going home crying :angry:

Dear The Black Cloud and LA Kings Fan,

I apologize that we had to end your streak, on the bright side, you did play a great game and if it wasn't for Henrik being the off-spring of God, you would have won.

Sincerely,
Dan

Dear The Black Cloud and LA Kings Fan,

I apologize that we had to end your streak, on the bright side, you did play a great game and if it wasn't for Henrik being the off-spring of God, you would have won.

Sincerely,
Dan

It is refreshing to see a few hockey and BotL to be sincere and to be graceful in victory. From my view point I thought the game was rather sloppy. Well on the bright side a broken winning streak means that the Kings can start another one!

You're 100% right, it was extremely sloppy at least on our end, tonight was only the 2nd game I've seen of the Kings, so it's hard to comment. Gaborik has come through big for us every game so far, so hopefully he stays healthy, but tonight was a real disgrace, actually kind of glad I sold my tickets, I would've probably lost my voice screaming at the Rangers for being dumb.

That being said, there will be a rematch 2/2/2010 in LA, it should be interesting to see what the teams look like a few months from now, considering they've both been pretty hot as of late.

It is refreshing to see a few hockey and BotL to be sincere and to be graceful in victory.

Not to mention sweet.

Now why don't you all file off your toe picks and trash talk like real hockey fans?

I'd do it myself if the Leafs could beat any team above Jr. A.

At least your team hits, I don't want to play the Leafs Saturday the way they pound Henrik in goal, last thing I need is an injured Swede.

Well, they don't hit as much as take cheap shots and penalties...did you see Allison run (I think) Gomez into Toskala...putting his OWN goalie out for 2 weeks! Wait, the way Toskala is playing maybe that was his plan all along...

And what's the over under there with the fans on when Avery snaps? Dec, Jan?

Also, I find it funny that the Rangers got the Stars "sloppy seconds" last year at the trade dead line in Avery.

No need to defend Avery either, I've picked him up 2 of the last 3 years in my hockey pool. It killed me last season but I missed him this year by a round or I'd have had him 3 for 3.

Thanks to the Stars for taking care of Anaheim last night! Now lets see how round 2 of the Kings/Stars shakes out tonight.

Sorry for the semi-hijack but I'm more of a college hockey fan, so with that said.

Go Fighting Sioux!!