• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hockey

Tim the Tank was named First Star of the Week by the NHL today. I would suspect he has a good shot at First Star of the Month.

Doc.

If it were possible for both teams to lose I would want that to happen. Bring back ties!!!

If it were possible for both teams to lose I would want that to happen. Bring back ties!!!

I was at the game earlier this year when NJ visited Buff..... I have never yawned so much while at a sporting event.... they even had Kovalchuck backchecking

I was at the game earlier this year when NJ visited Buff..... I have never yawned so much while at a sporting event.... they even had Kovalchuck backchecking

I was at the Kings game against the Devils on Saturday and it looked to me that Kovalchuck does not look comfortable in the Devils system. He had a rather lackluster game with a few shots and plenty of boo's from the fans every time he had the puck. May be that huge contract he got from the Devils is weighing him down :laugh:

I was at the Kings game against the Devils on Saturday and it looked to me that Kovalchuck does not look comfortable in the Devils system. He had a rather lackluster game with a few shots and plenty of boo's from the fans every time he had the puck. May be that huge contract he got from the Devils is weighing him down :laugh:

haha.... I absolutely agree...... that his days of getting around the 50 goal mark are over in that system........ but he is making more than the GDP of many small countries so that has to ease the pain

The backchecking comment reminded me of this:
paveltravel.jpg

Well Doc..... B's and Sabres tonight.... Miller won't play...... pretty sure you can chalk another one up to the already hot start

The backchecking comment reminded me of this:
paveltravel.jpg

:laugh: I haven't seen the Russian Rocket's name in a long time! Man he was a good offensive player and had no notion of what defense was. Also to note his brother was such a bum, especially when he was on the Kings. I would have to venture a guess and say that he played less then 20 games as a King.

Well Doc..... B's and Sabres tonight.... Miller won't play...... pretty sure you can chalk another one up to the already hot start

Thomas doesn't have great career numbers against the Sabres. He's 6-9-2 with a 3.24 goals-against average and an .893 save percentage versus Buffalo, and has lost his last five starts against the Sabres. Thomas last beat Buffalo back on Nov. 10, 2007, making 45 saves in a 2-1 win at the Garden. He was the first goalie off the ice at the morning skate which usually means he'll start, but Julien has messed with the reporters' and opposing teams' heads and done the opposite. So until game time it's anyone's guess.

Doc.

Thomas doesn't have great career numbers against the Sabres. He's 6-9-2 with a 3.24 goals-against average and an .893 save percentage versus Buffalo, and has lost his last five starts against the Sabres. Thomas last beat Buffalo back on Nov. 10, 2007, making 45 saves in a 2-1 win at the Garden. He was the first goalie off the ice at the morning skate which usually means he'll start, but Julien has messed with the reporters' and opposing teams' heads and done the opposite. So until game time it's anyone's guess.

Doc.

Just heard the Sabres are probably starting Jonas Enroth tonight...... AHL Goalie extraordinaire.... interesting that Ruff would bypass Lalime. That being said, the Sabres of this year are not playing anything like the Sabres that have beaten Thomas in the past. I hate getting down on the hometown team, but these guys are soft, not a good matchup against Chara, Lucic and the gang.

- well that went about as well as I expected last night...... I had the Boston feed last night, I have to admit..... Jack Edwards is pretty brutal to listen to

- well that went about as well as I expected last night...... I had the Boston feed last night, I have to admit..... Jack Edwards is pretty brutal to listen to

He's well thought of around here and don't forget we had Fred Cusik for 45 yrs., an NHL HOF broadcaster. I'll admit he does take some getting used to.

Some of you younger fans may want to notice the equipment those players aren't wearing. There'd be a lot fewer serious injuries in my opinion if went back to those days. It used to take a two hander over someones head to take him out of a game now all it takes is an iced puck.

Doc.

Fred was the best, he has some great clips..... I wish I was old enough to remember hockey in the 70's, to me it just seems like a more pure, authentic game than what is on the ice today. I wish the Whale, the Jets, and the Nordiques were still around.....

Shant, he played less than 1 game as a King, and no I'm not exaggerating.

I am trying to remember if he was ever really on the Kings roster. I could swear he was signed over a offseason, had surgery of some sort and then never played.

According to Wikipedia (generally a decent resource but you never know) you're correct although it says the surgery was during the lock out and he was signed after it but still never played.

Shant, he played less than 1 game as a King, and no I'm not exaggerating.

I am trying to remember if he was ever really on the Kings roster. I could swear he was signed over a offseason, had surgery of some sort and then never played.

According to Wikipedia (generally a decent resource but you never know) you're correct although it says the surgery was during the lock out and he was signed after it but still never played.

Ok so I am not dreaming it all up. but then again the lock out year was "a long time ago" and hopefully we will not have to seen another one for a long time to come.