• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hockey

I'm heading to the Canes / Sabers game tonight at the RBC. It's always a treat to go to the Buffalo game and have to be around the most obnoxious fans in the NHL. ;)

Well, it had to be a good feeling when you went to the Flyers/Canes games and we lost on Cole's goal with 3 minutes left. As quick of a lead the Canes got that night, we Flyers fans never had a chance to get obnoxious! (except for the two minutes after we tied it up in the third).

.....or were you talking about the Canes fans being the most obnoxious in the league?? :laugh:

I'm heading to the Canes / Sabers game tonight at the RBC. It's always a treat to go to the Buffalo game and have to be around the most obnoxious fans in the NHL. ;)

When I went to Phoenix to watch the Sabers and Coyotes play I couldn't believe how bad those Buffalo fans are. They are very obnoxious!

Lighting vs B's tonight. Battle for second place in the conference. Should be a good game.

Doc.

Well, it had to be a good feeling when you went to the Flyers/Canes games and we lost on Cole's goal with 3 minutes left. As quick of a lead the Canes got that night, we Flyers fans never had a chance to get obnoxious! (except for the two minutes after we tied it up in the third).

.....or were you talking about the Canes fans being the most obnoxious in the league?? :laugh:

The only obnoxious Canes fans are the ones that transplanted from Buffalo. :p

hell of a game B's. Lets's see if we can not reverse sweept this year!!!

Pay no attention to kona. He's a fair weather fan who doesn't know a blue line from a chalk line, thinks the slot is a place to put his quarters and the closest he ever got to the ice was in his tonic.

Doc.

Pay no attention to kona. He's a fair weather fan who doesn't know a blue line from a chalk line, thinks the slot is a place to put his quarters and the closest he ever got to the ice was in his tonic.

Doc.

:laugh:

Damn Flyers pick the wrong time of year to play their worst stretch of hockey. Can't score, can't defend, PP SUCKS!, and once again, here come the ever present "goalie situation" questions. Either Richards or Pronger one needs to tell the coaches to leave, shut the door, and have a serious heart to heart with those inside the locker room before they lose the team. Seems as if they got complacent when they had the nice 7 point lead atop the Eastern Conference.

Doc.

:laugh:

Damn Flyers pick the wrong time of year to play their worst stretch of hockey. Can't score, can't defend, PP SUCKS!, and once again, here come the ever present "goalie situation" questions. Either Richards or Pronger one needs to tell the coaches to leave, shut the door, and have a serious heart to heart with those inside the locker room before they lose the team. Seems as if they got complacent when they had the nice 7 point lead atop the Eastern Conference.

Hey at the least its not the playoffs right now. Even though I would like to see the Flyers knock out f the playoffs. :D

Man, I dont know if it just appears this way, but this years end of the season is looking like its gonna be one of the best in recent memory. I am a big caps fan, but all the divisions are really tight from top to bottom. And although i really dont like the devils, I kind of want them to make the playoffs because that would be an awesome story. Last nights caps-bolts game was a really good game, I think the lightning are almost remiscent of last year's capitals in that they need to outscore you to win (they dont play a whole lot of defense) which doesn't bode well for a playoff run. I hope the caps offense can come around because we are playing some good defense and getting solid goalie play.

NHL Gamecenter Live! Playoff push package for $79 so I can watch the Flyers play on the computer while working 12 hour night shifts! Gotta love technology!!! :)

NHL Gamecenter Live! Playoff push package for $79 so I can watch the Flyers play on the computer while working 12 hour night shifts! Gotta love technology!!! :)
Funny you should say that Brian...I was thinking last night as I came across the Fliers game while flicking between games, I should set up one of my laptops (with a camera) in front of one of our TVs and stream the Philly games to you...great to see you got it under control bro.

I would have had to throw away the laptop after the season ended because of it being contaminated with Fliers deoxyribonucleic acids! :laugh:

GO RANGERS!

I'd say more agonizing than anything. I'm assuming as many as 4 playoff berths in the west won't be decided until the very last day.

GO KINGS GO!!!

What is everyone's take on the Chara hit? Clean or dirty? Personally I hate seeing players get hurt like that but I don't think Chara did it intentionally. It snot like the Burtuzzi hit on the guy from Colorado. I personally don't think Chara should be suspended or fined. I do hope that Pacioretty gets back to the ice soon.

What is everyone's take on the Chara hit? Clean or dirty? Personally I hate seeing players get hurt like that but I don't think Chara did it intentionally. It snot like the Burtuzzi hit on the guy from Colorado. I personally don't think Chara should be suspended or fined. I do hope that Pacioretty gets back to the ice soon.

I think what you have to do in this case is seperate the hit from the result of the hit. Yea, he deserved a penalty, but he didn't charge him, didn't throw a wild elbow, and didn't look like he was attempting to hurt the guy. The puck was long gone so I don't know why he did hit him, but Pacioretti happened to get hit at the worst spot on the boards. If this hit had taken place a few feet further down, the only thing that would have been heard of, if anything, would have been a 2 minute interference call.

I'm not taking up for Chara either because, personally, I don't like him, but he's typically a clean player.

Chara didn't do anything to get suspended for. He got 5min for interference and a 10 min game misconduct. The league chose not to suspend him for two reasons, he didn't do anything wrong and in 13 years has never been suspended for dirty play. I've looked at the tape over and over again and it was interference and that was it.

Doc.

Not only that Air Canada which is a big sponsor of hockey has made noise now about pulling it's sponsorship due to the risk of injury. Here's part of the statement from a Globe and Mail article:

But Air Canada wants the league to do more, according to published reports: "We are contacting you [Wednesday] to voice our concern over [Tuesday night's] incident involving Max Pacioretty and Zdeno Chara at the Bell Centre in Montreal," wrote Denis Vandal, Air Canada's director of marketing and communications. "This is following several other incidents involving career-threatening and life-threatening headshots in the NHL recently."

"From a corporate social responsibility standpoint, it is becoming increasingly difficult to associate our brand with sports events which could lead to serious and irresponsible accidents; action must be taken by the NHL before we are encountered with a fatality.

"Unless the NHL takes immediate action with serious suspension to the players in question to curtail these life-threatening injuries, Air Canada will withdraw its sponsorship of hockey."

Not only does Air Canada own the naming rights to Toronto's Air Canada Centre, it's believed they're a major corporate sponsor behind all six Canadian teams. Air Canada's head office is also located in Montreal.

"As a strong supporter and sponsor of NHL Hockey in Canada and several U.S. cities, Air Canada is very concerned with the state of hockey today," Vandal noted.

"While we support countless sports, arts and community events, we are having difficulty rationalizing our sponsorship of hockey unless the NHL takes responsibility to protect both the players and the integrity of the game."

Anyone want to guess where their corporate head office is? Funny they don't really care when they make 86 year old grandmothers pay 5x the normal price for a plane ticket across the country at Christmas but they draw a line in the sand when it comes to hockey.

My take is that it wasn't on purpose but there's no way Chara didn't know where he was on the ice and probably figured that if Pacioretty did clip the stanchen good for him but I don't think he wanted Pacioretty to be seriously hurt.

I'd have to watch the video again but what struck me the first time was that riding a player into the stanchion from, I dunno, 5 feet away, doesn't seem like a clean play. If I remember correctly Chara looks at what's coming down the line and rides the Habs player into it. That's pretty borderline if you ask me.

Yeah, if it was at another place on the ice it's interference and nothing more. However, a check from behind away from the boards isn't boarding, but it is within a few feet of the boards. That argument doesn't hold much water.

Chara isn't a dirty player, but he ain't no angel either.

Nobody wants to win the Lady Bing, especially a D-man BC. I f Paciroetty hadn't been hurt that play wouldn't have even made the highlights.

Doc.