• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How Have Your CC Buying Habits Changed Since the Price Increase?

How Have Your CC Buying Habits Changed Since the Price Increase?

• Total voters
I'm in Canada, so cuban prices have always been really expensive. I've heard that the prices in Cuba are now pretty much equal to what I would pay in Canada. So, having said that, I'll probably buy a handful of Cubans once a year or so, just to have one the odd time. But, I'll no longer be asking friends who travel to cuba to grab me some, just not worth it anymore (they usually buy fakes, etc, not knowing where to go, etc, so that's another reason I don't ask anymore!)

I'm in Canada, so cuban prices have always been really expensive. I've heard that the prices in Cuba are now pretty much equal to what I would pay in Canada. So, having said that, I'll probably buy a handful of Cubans once a year or so, just to have one the odd time. But, I'll no longer be asking friends who travel to cuba to grab me some, just not worth it anymore (they usually buy fakes, etc, not knowing where to go, etc, so that's another reason I don't ask anymore!)
I'd think that your prices in Canadia would be rising now, too, no?

I hear y'all. Thinking about this, the last CCs bought were in Havana 4 years ago and right when I was planning on dropping another coin for more, the stuff hit the fan grossly. So, nah, time to stick with the NC, that are more and more becoming a delight even better sometimes than cigars from that ISOM. If faced with an opportunity, of course I'd buy some, but for now, ain't doing it!

I'd think that your prices in Canadia would be rising now, too, no?
Not really actually. At least from what I can see. My local place has Montecristo No 2 for $59.99, and I have another place that is selling for $46.99. I think that's about the same, if not a bit more.

I've stopped altogether as well. I used to smoke 75/25 Cuban to NC, but they have priced me out of the market. There are about 2 boxes that I would keep on hand if I could even find them, but that is about it.

Such a shame...

The big sting for me is not being able to just give away a CC to someone who's never had one before. Part of the pleasure I derive from cigars isn't just from smoking them, but also from giving them. I still give tons of NCs, but anyone new to the game wants to know what all the fuss is over Cubans.

And rightfully so. Especially with them still illegal here, it only ups the allure factor to them. We all get that question all the time when people learn we're cigar smokers.. "do you have any Cubans??". Right? And my answer has always been yes.

The answer is still yes... except now it's "yes, but...". And I am finding that to suck big time.

I really for sorry for the guys who write the email promos now from some of the CC sources... "get a 20ct box today for 'only' $2,280 USD!" 🤔🤣

After being in Mexico the past week, we didn’t drop into the only LCDH in the area and only shop I trust. Because I already know how high the prices are. In the resorts and the duty free at the airport, they have everything “covered” up.

I still enjoyed a couple at the resort but it felt weird like hiding in the alley in high school to smoke or something. Not as enjoyable.

After being in Mexico the past week, we didn’t drop into the only LCDH in the area and only shop I trust. Because I already know how high the prices are. In the resorts and the duty free at the airport, they have everything “covered” up.

I still enjoyed a couple at the resort but it felt weird like hiding in the alley in high school to smoke or something. Not as enjoyable.
They just covered everything up at the Cancun LCdH starting a few months ago too. It really spoils the vibe in there. Prices for Cohiba & Trinidad are utterly outrageous. Everything else is a little more reasonable. Of the prices I remember, I think RASS were $24, Sancho Panza Non Plus were $19, and an '06 VRDA was $48.

Also of note, once the lady in there starts recognizing you, you've officially been flying too many Cancun overnights. I love my job.

They just covered everything up at the Cancun LCdH starting a few months ago too. It really spoils the vibe in there. Prices for Cohiba & Trinidad are utterly outrageous. Everything else is a little more reasonable. Of the prices I remember, I think RASS were $24, Sancho Panza Non Plus were $19, and an '06 VRDA was $48.

Also of note, once the lady in there starts recognizing you, you've officially been flying too many Cancun overnights. I love my job.
Lol!! What job is that? I think I need to switch professions! :)

Based on some of the numbers coming out of Cuba, it appears their pricing strategy is working. They didn’t have a lot of stock due to weather related events to begin with….but still made close to the same money.
Now those numbers are based on cigar orders, let’s see the next round of reports to see if those cigars actually sold and require inventory replenishment.
That’s if we get true sales figures from them…🤣

Based on some of the numbers coming out of Cuba, it appears their pricing strategy is working. They didn’t have a lot of stock due to weather related events to begin with….but still made close to the same money.
Now those numbers are based on cigar orders, let’s see the next round of reports to see if those cigars actually sold and require inventory replenishment.
That’s if we get true sales figures from them…🤣
Fuggin Commies!

I'd taken a few years off, but damn! When I started looking at prices again..... I was never a big Cohiba fan at the old prices let alone now, but I sure do love Trinidad, but those prices will relegate Trinidad's to a memory.