• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How Have Your CC Buying Habits Changed Since the Price Increase?

How Have Your CC Buying Habits Changed Since the Price Increase?

• Total voters

ironpeddler

Ye Old Newbie
Now that the dust has settled and the higher prices are the new normal, how have you handled these new prices?

1) Are you still buying them like in the past and paying/absorbing the upcharge?

2) Are you buying less than in the past and being selective on what brands & sizes you buy?

3) Do you still look at aged stock since they have increased significantly as well?

4) Have you stopped buying them all together?

I'm curious what everyone here thinks since there has been such a significant price increase this time around....but now it's coupled with high inflation here in the US and abroad on most everything we purchase. The more I search around the net, the crazier the prices seem to be. How have you folks in GB, Europe & Asia handled these prices when shopping at your local cigar shops?

Please explain your position once you've made your choices.

Thanks to all who offer up their explanations & opinions!

I've also stopped buying CC's. I'm not sure if NC's have stepped up their game or not. I really haven't smoke many NC's over the past 15 years other than Fuente, Padron and Davidoff, but now due to the price jack of CC's I've been exploring and have been able to find plenty of NC sticks that satisfy my wants. Really liking sticks out of Nicaragua right now.

I look, but haven't bought. Nice thing about a cabinet is the room for boxes which I went deep on over the last 3-4 years. I'll dig them out after the appropriate time and set fire to every one of them. Every. Single. One...... :cool:

I'm also really enjoying the products from Nicaragua; Dunbarton Tobacco, of course Padron, Tatuaje.....etc. There are wonderful smokes out there that a guy can afford. Smokes from the forbidden island are wonderful and desirable.....but not at these prices. There are choices.

I've also stopped buying CC's. I'm not sure if NC's have stepped up their game or not. I really haven't smoke many NC's over the past 15 years other than Fuente, Padron and Davidoff, but now due to the price jack of CC's I've been exploring and have been able to find plenty of NC sticks that satisfy my wants. Really liking sticks out of Nicaragua right now.
have you adopted any favorites outside of those three? Just curious

Saw a box of Fundies going for $88 a stick.
No effing way.

I'll smoke what I've got and hope that the pricing recovers some time down the road....or my paycheck miraculously triples like their pricing has.

Now that the dust has settled and the higher prices are the new normal, how have you handled these new prices?

1) Are you still buying them like in the past and paying/absorbing the upcharge?

2) Are you buying less than in the past and being selective on what brands & sizes you buy?

3) Do you still look at aged stock since they have increased significantly as well?

4) Have you stopped buying them all together?

I'm curious what everyone here thinks since there has been such a significant price increase this time around....but now it's coupled with high inflation here in the US and abroad on most everything we purchase. The more I search around the net, the crazier the prices seem to be. How have you folks in GB, Europe & Asia handled these prices when shopping at your local cigar shops?

Please explain your position once you've made your choices.

Thanks to all who offer up their explanations & opinions!
Gary, great post!

I wish we could find a happy medium between your all too rare CP posts and your all too frequent pouring of moonshine down my throat ..... sometimes when I wasn't even looking.

I have bought exactly one box since the stuff hit the fan!

Gary, great post!

I wish we could find a happy medium between your all too rare CP posts and your all too frequent pouring of moonshine down my throat ..... sometimes when I wasn't even looking.

I have bought exactly one box since the stuff hit the fan!
That wasn't a bottle Gary shoved down your throat when you were passed out. That's when I realized what the name Ironpeddler really stood for.

Interesting results in just a small sample size.

When writing this post, I had another thought that I decided against putting in the poll and that was…

*How do you handle the risk/reward of paying these high prices only to receive a sub par box?

We’ve all experienced that part of buying CC when delving into their market, but now with the added anxiety of paying so much more, only to wind up with an unsmokeable box.

Some crops over the last few years have received mixed reviews due to extreme weather in Cuba. Add that into the mix to an already curious position Habanos has plunged their market into…this can’t be good for their bottom line on a product already in the crosshairs of world politicians to be eliminated through taxation & legislation.