• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How Have Your CC Buying Habits Changed Since the Price Increase?

How Have Your CC Buying Habits Changed Since the Price Increase?

• Total voters
what would you say the markup is for each year on a box? i know its hard say but like a average?
All you have to do is go on Bond Roberts and use the advanced search feature to see. It'll start at 2019 for whatever vitola, on up to now. This is by year so you'd have to search a particular release to get a better idea. I did the La Reina 2019 Regional as an example that I put down four boxes of for about $1,050. A box. The first auction is in May 2020, not long after release. The second auction is January 2023. They will only continue to go up.

ETA: Beauty of their business model is that the seller doesn't pay auction fees, but buyer does. Seller also gets free reign on shipping fees. This is to entice more to sell on the platform.
A03B7A88-DF13-4AE5-8A78-F8838F779EA7.jpeg195802DE-DC5D-4F4A-886A-0546398493FE.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm old. Won't be around that much longer. I've got a couple of bucks. And I think the prices are only going to continue to go up. It is absolutely crazy. But those cigars are pretty darn good. I was at that auction website (won't mention the name) and discovered you could look back at all the auctions they have ever done. Prices have literally quadrupled in the last three years. If not more.

For a variety of reasons (including all my local spots closing) I have become more of a fair-weather smoker and don't smoke nearly as many cigars as I did (particularly in the winter). A byproduct of that is I am smoking through what I have slowly enough I haven't needed to buy for a while. WTF has happened to the Cuban market to make this the status quo? I know the Chinese new money economy was a big driver even when I was buying but this just seems out of control. I don't monitor the variety of sources I used to, but are people really paying $30 a stick for current sig I?

I never bought my cigars with aging value in mind and outside of splits, favors and a few limited fivers/boxes I have never been into selling and probably never will be. But...sometimes I smoke a cigar that used to be reasonable and what these auction prices look like and wonder if I am an idiot.