• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I have sad news.

Very shocking and sad news to hear. I'd never met Brian personally and other than a box split we did in 2006, I'd not had much direct communication with him.
He always demonstrated true qualities of a genuine BOTL. He will be missed.
My condolences to Ryan and the rest of Brian's family. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Dad, wherever you may be - YOU ARE MY HERO!
Thank you for always being there for me.
I love you so much.

He'd of said the same about you Ryan.

Please post a link to the obituary for us when it comes out. Thanks for stopping by and talking to us.

Brian was a genuinely nice and generous BOTL who will be greatly missed here. I am saddened to think that he will no longer be adding his insight, maturity and wisdom to CigarPass.

Ryan, thank you for posting your thoughts here for us to read. I was moved to tears by the love you have for your dad.

A very sad day indeed. He will always be remembered. Will offer up a good one today.

He loved, was loved and made this world a better place.

He will be truely missed.

Seth

Rod and I are both still at a loss for words to describe this immense loss of a friend and true believer in CP.

Brian went out of his way numerous times to carry out selfless acts of kindness just to help out a site that I am finding out truly meant a great deal to him. I know what a true BOTL is and Brian was definitely that and much more.

First and foremost, our condolences go out to his family, especially his wife Jane. I had the wonderful opportunity to meet both of them this past May at our annual herf in Las Vegas. They were both so very kind.

I especially remember Brian asking me how he could help to raise money for his generous raffle donation and I told him not to worry about it. I told him he had done more than enough just by donating. He told me that was crazy and he was going to get donations himself. He was hustling like crazy and I just remember the smile on his face the whole time he was there.

It is people like Brian that are able to achieve whatever they put their heart and mind to. I know he accomplished more than most of could in a lifetime. I know his family is very proud.

We know Brian is in a better place now, but truly, it is still very surreal to both of us and I’m sure many of you as well. My wish is for strength and Love to find his family and friends during this difficult time.

We are so blessed to have known such a wonderful and compassionate man.

This is very sad news! Rest in peace Brian. Prayers to his wife and family.

Ken

I am another at a simple loss for words. Without ever having met Brian in person, I can say with confidence that we lost a truly great man.

As yet another recipient of Brian's incredible generosity, I will light one of his sticks on Wednesday in his honor.

RIP, #1.

This news saddens me very much. While I did not know Brian well, I did know his generosity, and his wisdom always came through in his posts.

My prayers are with Brian's family and friends. May you find some comfort in the fact that you would not feel this much loss if he were not such a wonderful human being. I will honor him Wednesday and will do my best to live by his example.

Brian

When I found out Brian was sick and in a coma I was devastated. You always hold out hope for the best because you never want to think that something like this can happen to someone that you are close to. Now that he's gone, I'm not sure what's going on inside my head or my heart. You guys knew how generous that Brian was here on the board, but I knew how generous he was behind the scenes. He never wanted the recognition that came with it, he just loved helping people and what he did for my family and I over the summer when my wife lost her job, I still haven't gotten over yet. I never got to meet the man I called #1 but I had spoken with him on the phone many times. I always felt privileged that I was able to speak with him because he always told me that he doesn't have many friends because a lot of people couldn't handle the was he was...he spoke his mind no matter the situation or the person. I was lucky enough to be a person that he considered a friend. He would always try to encourage me during my family's hard times this year when I'd speak to him. The one thing that seemed to bother Brian more than anything was that we (people as a whole) never took the time to smell the roses and realize that what we had in family was the most important thing in the world. He always told me that you can never do too much with your family and it seemed like here in America, life goes so fast for most that they didn't spend enough time with those they love. I bought in to what Brian was trying to tell me (thus my sig tag) and I feel like a better person because I try to do as much with my family now as I can without saying "no, we'll do it later" or "I'm busy now".

Those of you that have been here a while, know exactly what Cigar Pass has lost over this holiday. Those of you that are new and really didn't get to know Brian or see what he did for this community need to read through some of the stuff he's done here and you'll find out what it takes to truly be called a Brother. We have lost a Brother whose generosity and love for this community will never be matched. I have lost a mentor, a confidant, a "guidance counselor", but most importantly, I've lost a friend.

Brian, thank you for your friendship Brother you will never be forgotten..

This is sad news indeed. Even in my short time here I've witnessed his selfless generosity and kindness. Brian truly was a brother to everyone on the board. He and his family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

I'll be sure to light up on wednesday night.

I have lost a mentor, a confidant, a "guidance counselor", but most importantly, I've lost a friend.

That's really it, Brian. We lost one of our wise men, one of our greeters, our gatekeepers..., but most importantly a friend.

I'm not much of an idea box, and I completely understand Brian's family wishes; but it would be nice to commemorate Infinity within our community. Perhaps this thread is it, maybe this is what he would have wanted. Maybe there's something a little more we could do. I don't know, but I know we'll do the right thing as a community. Brian knows that as well.

1badbird and I just finished sharing time together while here at work. While I will likely have a stick Wednesday evening, I felt it fitting to herf with what Brian was about, friends. I sent a message to Doug this morning before work, telling him to bring a top stick so we could celebrate today. I didn't tell him till he got here that we would be celebrating the life of a great man.

As we lit up, Doug his Padilla, and I, an Anejo Shark, we raised our sticks and toasted, "To Brian!". It was a humbling experience.

What a great smoke it was. I believe he was smiling upon us.

Gary

I never had direct contact with him, but I only heard good things and really believe he personified the true nature of this place. He will be missed, and my prayers are with Brian and his family. RIP.

I'm shocked and saddened to hear the news. Rest in peace, Brian. Your presence here will be missed.