• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I have sad news.

I'll miss him, his presence on CP and his perspective. Truly a sad day for us all.

We have lost a true BOTL. I did not know him personally, only through his posts. His wit and words of wisdom will be missed. Brian and his family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

This is a great loss to the community and my sympathy and prayers go out to his family. As many others I only knew Brian through posts, yet was always impressed with what he had to say.

Brian took the time to write words of encouragement to me when I first joined CP. This to me was an example of a gentleman who was ready in an instant to be there for this community and its members. He's a role model for sure, and I regret never having the opportunity to meet him personally. Rest in Peace, my friend...you will be truly missed by many.

I'm new around here but I've read plenty of Brian's posts while reading back over many past threads.

I could tell right away he was "in the know" here and said many wise things. I'm sorry to hear he passed away.

Sincerest condolences to his family.

Bill

Damn.

I respected Brian as one of the more outspoken members of this community. He always stood up for CP and it's members. I had numerous interactions with him and I can truly say that I'll miss him, for who he was and what he did for CP.

RIP brother, until we meet again.

A very sad day indeed. I am still in shock at the loss of this great man. Hard to munster feelings into words; so I will concur with most sentiments already posted and "Toast" to a great man Wednesday.

RIP my friend, your presence here will forever remain.

Brian,

You will be greatly missed. Thoughts and Prayers are with your family. You truely were a gentleman and a statesmen.

RIP. Wow! Life is truly short. I have been the recipient of both Brian's generosity and wisdom. He gifted me a special smoke that I will be sure to smoke in his memory Wednesday evening.

I did not know you sir, but I read many of your posts and learned much from them. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I will smoke a cigar in your honour. May you RIP.

Pete

He will always live on through his four sons, one daughter, two grandsons and incredible wife he left behind.
We all miss him so much and are so blessed to have had such an incredible person in our lives.

Dad, wherever you may be - YOU ARE MY HERO!
Thank you for always being there for me.
I love you so much.

Ryan, thank you for taking the time to post your private thoughts during what must be a difficult time for you. By a horrible coincidence, you will be receiving something addressed to Brian from me today. I apologize for the timing.

As anyone who knew Brian will attest, the world is now a little bit darker, and a bit more sullen due to the passing of a true gentleman. Words fail me beyond this, my sadness is palpable. RIP, Brian.

/andrew

My prayers and thoughts go to Brian's family at this time.

I did get to meet Brian at the CP herf this past year in Vegas, and remember being impressed with his late donation to the raffle for the board, but even more pleased with how unassuming he was about it at the time. After meeting him that weekend I started to pay attention to his posts on the board and started to get a better idea of the man he was. I would count myself as one of the people in the world who needed to hear Brian's kind of thinking, and would like to think I have taken to heart some of his thoughts on family and enjoying the time you are in, and I am better for it.

Brian will be missed, but his attitude for life sounds like it will live on through his sons (thank you Ryan for sharing your thought with us) and daughter .... and hopefully though us ... a community who it seems Brain cared for a lot.

Joe G

Very sad news indeed. We've lost a pillar in the CP community and a truly stand up Brother. Godspeed Brian, our prayers of comfort go out to his family and friends.

I read the title and was immediately impacted, this is a great loss not only for CP but for the human spirit as a whole. Brian held a contest last year about who and why should a Herf crew be gifted a box of Tatuajes.

Needless to say one was sent to me and one was sent to Dallas/Fort Worth. Because of Brian's generosity during that event we were able to organize a good turn out, so much so that it ended up being two Herfs on two seprate occasions just to accomidate everyone!

Till this day when I see and join some of the people I met that day, I am thankful to Brian for the chance to meet all of those great people. Although I never met him personally I too spoke to him on occasion via PM and they were always valuable and cherished conversations.

For those of you who personally met him consider yourselves very lucky, for those of you who spoke to him consider yourselves very fortunate. I don't have to tell any of you what a void he leaves us here at CP.

May he rest in peace, my thoughts, prayers, and condolences go out to Brian's family.

Wow... Didn't even know he was ill.

A big part of this place is gone and will be missed.

Thoughts and prayers out to his family. While reading all of these memories and a tear down my face, I will miss the "flames" Brian would PM me with when I would get out of line...he was one who wore his feelings on his sleeve and he will be missed.

Rest in peace brother...we will see you on the other side :)

~ t

I had to do a triple take on this post - I am shocked, stunned, & saddened.

When I first read the post I was speachless, but then I began reading the posts and had to checkle at the memory of Brian tell us all to smoke our good stuff. I would live to smike one of the special cigars gifted by Brian, but alas I can't .... I've already smoked them, so I will smoke one of my other special cigars in his memory this Wednesday evening. I can think of no better tribute to this wonderful BOTL & man!
I met Brian through CP, though unfortunately not in person, and found him to be a man of incredible strength and wise counsel. When the "discussions" became heated and the PMs arrived from Brian, I listened, not just because he was usually right, but because he riminded me of my late Father, this advice I treasure. He supplied the sticks for a Dual Herf with LA & DFW which was a phenominal expression of Brotherhood & generosity. When my Mom's home was threatened by the wildfires of 2007 in San Diego, he was one of my sets of eyes & ears (his friend Putz the other :) ); his own home threatened, he reached out to me to put me at ease all the while his own home was feeling the heat. He understood Family!
Ryan, I know this may be difficult to comprehend now as I was once in your position, but you are among the luckiest people because you are able to call him Dad! We here at CP will be saddened by his loss, but forever richer for his contributions to our community. Rest in peace dear Friend! Your Family are in my thoughts and prayers.