• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

It's official!

So much craziness going on in this world I seriously wonder if these people truly believe what they preach or simply looking for a loophole in tax code to get rich. A few months ago I saw that BLM founders are getting sued for buying a multimillion dollar mansion using the donation funds they received. If i remember correctly the answer to why they did it was : we had no idea the money could not be spent this way. 🤷‍♂️

*mansions

Dan you are not allowed to speak about a political organizations or their founders on this forum. This is your second warning in so many post, please be aware if this type of behavior continues I will be forced to do, well nothing because I can't stop you, but you get the point. And this is how some guys want it around here. We need to grow thicker skin...

Sorry Dan you're just making it to easy ;)

Now, you need to ponder if this is you wanting the forum to adjust to your desires and way of thinking, or if it is the forum that has changed from what it once was? I'm the frog in water on the stove -- maybe I just don't notice the slow change going on from what once was. Or, maybe you are wanting the established policies and protocols to be rewritten to what you feel they should be.

Dunno, and seriously just asking (and provoking introspection). All good, brother. <3

Now, you need to ponder if this is you wanting the forum to adjust to your desires and way of thinking, or if it is the forum that has changed from what it once was? I'm the frog in water on the stove -- maybe I just don't notice the slow change going on from what once was. Or, maybe you are wanting the established policies and protocols to be rewritten to what you feel they should be.

Dunno, and seriously just asking (and provoking introspection). All good, brother. <3
I certainly don't expect everyone to agree with my views. Actually it is just the opposite, I am for free thinking and free speech, regardless. I have never told anyone that they shouldn't have their opinion and tried to shut down any conversation, but I have had it said to me. My question is where is it written? Who determines what is politics or religion? You? Me? It has been suggested by others that genders and NFL should be off limits. What else? My point is if it's not blatantly obvious that it is political or religious, then I say let it be. If we are going to go down that road, where does it end.

I'm the frog in water on the stove -- maybe I just don't notice the slow change going on from what once was.
I was mostly inactive for a couple years. When I came back, I definitely noticed a difference.

I was mostly inactive for a couple years. When I came back, I definitely noticed a difference.
As a guy that has only been around a few years, what changes did you notice? That the forum has gotten softer on thread post or just softer?

I certainly don't expect everyone to agree with my views. Actually it is just the opposite, I am for free thinking and free speech, regardless. I have never told anyone that they shouldn't have their opinion and tried to shut down any conversation, but I have had it said to me. My question is where is it written? Who determines what is politics or religion? You? Me? It has been suggested by others that genders and NFL should be off limits. What else? My point is if it's not blatantly obvious that it is political or religious, then I say let it be. If we are going to go down that road, where does it end.
I think if it occurs to someone that what they are about to post is a touchy subject that may inflame other people's opinions, then maybe take a step back and re-think the post.

There are plenty of outlets out there to engage in those types of discussions. Some of us just prefer to not engage in it here at CP. Too much bad vibes out there. Nothing wrong with trying to keep the negativity out of our home.

As a guy that has only been around a few years, what changes did you notice? That the forum has gotten softer on thread post or just softer?
Mostly that

"Please refrain from discussing "touchy" subjects."

posted at the top of the forum has been largely ignored.

@The Black Cloud @tomthirtysix I get what yall are saying but no touchy subjects. That is pretty vague... A subject that I might not think twice about being "touchy" might be extremely "touchy" for you. I don't necessarily disagree with you guys, I am just confused on where the lines are drawn that's all.

Understood. It's up to each of us to take a step back and try to figure out for ourselves where the line is. There is no concrete line, per se, just best judgement. I also think if a comment or topic gets posted up that stokes those kinda comments (no politics, etc), well, that's a clue that the "line" is pretty damn near, if not already behind. Doubling down on the "grow thicker skin" sentiment isn't constructive.

Suffice to say, if the topic being brought up is all in the news in all the media outlets and delves into political rhetoric, if it's a topic that is being tweeted on by all the political pundits, best to keep it off of CP.

@The Black Cloud @tomthirtysix I get what yall are saying but no touchy subjects. That is pretty vague... A subject that I might not think twice about being "touchy" might be extremely "touchy" for you. I don't necessarily disagree with you guys, I am just confused on where the lines are drawn that's all.
Aaron, you hit the nail on the head! If someone wants to make any discussion touchy they can.

I personally dont like the word purple, its offensive to me, so nobody is allowed to say it!😁

Understood. It's up to each of us to take a step back and try to figure out for ourselves where the line is. There is no concrete line, per se, just best judgement. I also think if a comment or topic gets posted up that stokes those kinda comments (no politics, etc), well, that's a clue that the "line" is pretty damn near, if not already behind. Doubling down on the "grow thicker skin" sentiment isn't constructive.

Suffice to say, if the topic being brought up is all in the news in all the media outlets and delves into political rhetoric, if it's a topic that is being tweeted on by all the political pundits, best to keep it off of CP.
I appreciate the examples.

You mentioned elsewhere how you came to find in life that someone's upbringing and where they were from informs their values and outlooks, and that they may be different from your own. I think you absolutely nailed it with that idea. I think that when posting something (and this is not directed at you alone, Aaron, but an open sentiment), keep that in mind and ask yourself if a difference in upbringing and culture might give someone a different outlook on a subject and therefore be a "hot button" for them, or even outright offensive. I know there are some on here who are too manly to give quarter to others' feelings when those feelings directly contradict Manly Man's outlooks. However, take a moment to empathize with how someone might perceive a post, and prop up our brothers and sisters, rather than chop them down. We need to self-regulate (MOUNT UP!) by thinking of others, first. That doesn't mean you are own thoughts, feelings, and beliefs are being oppressed in favor of another's. It just means that CigarP Ass is not the venue for that particular discussion; it goes for the "other side", too.

My take, anyway. None of that is directed pointedly at you, Aaron -- I use the royal "we" and "you".

You mentioned elsewhere how you came to find in life that someone's upbringing and where they were from informs their values and outlooks, and that they may be different from your own. I think you absolutely nailed it with that idea. I think that when posting something (and this is not directed at you alone, Aaron, but an open sentiment), keep that in mind and ask yourself if a difference in upbringing and culture might give someone a different outlook on a subject and therefore be a "hot button" for them, or even outright offensive. I know there are some on here who are too manly to give quarter to others' feelings when those feelings directly contradict Manly Man's outlooks. However, take a moment to empathize with how someone might perceive a post, and prop up our brothers and sisters, rather than chop them down. We need to self-regulate (MOUNT UP!) by thinking of others, first. That doesn't mean you are own thoughts, feelings, and beliefs are being oppressed in favor of another's. It just means that CigarP Ass is not the venue for that particular discussion; it goes for the "other side", too.

My take, anyway. None of that is directed pointedly at you, Aaron -- I use the royal "we" and "you".
I get what you’re saying, but what you’re asking is for everyone on this forum to give up there right to free speech and open dialogue because it “might” offend someone. I still love this forum and all the guys here, except Jon… He talks to damn much. Come to think about it, that’s something I could get behind. Can we restrict Jon’s speech on the VHERF? Kidding Jon

I get what you’re saying, but what you’re asking is for everyone on this forum to give up there right to free speech and open dialogue because it “might” offend someone. I still love this forum and all the guys here, except Jon… He talks to damn much. Come to think about it, that’s something I could get behind. Can we restrict Jon’s speech on the VHERF? Kidding Jon

1) The "right to free speech" doesn't cover cigar pass.

B) No one here is trying to stifle anyone's rights.

This is technically Rod's forum, so he sets the limits for speech on CP. And the rule of abstaining talk of politics and touchy subjects has been well established.

1) The "right to free speech" doesn't cover cigar pass.

B) No one here is trying to stifle anyone's rights.
This is technically Rod's forum, so he sets the limits for speech on CP. And the rule of abstaining talk of politics and touchy subjects has been well established.
Ok calm down, what I think Nick and myself were discussing is conversations in general not know posted rules like the no politics or religion. He made a point and my counter point was that how is someone to know that it might be a hot point or offensive to someone. He made the point that you are to assume that it might be and I disagree and don’t think open dialogue should be determined by what ifs. Maybe I shouldn’t have used the term free speech because clearly that is a “hot point” for the both of you and clearly you don’t think we should have it here in the four walls of this forum. BTW, I know who started this forum, but thanks for the reminder.

Maybe I shouldn’t have used the term free speech because clearly that is a “hot point” for the both of you and clearly you don’t think we should have it here in the four walls of this forum.

Yup, you totally get it.