• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

La Escepcion Italian RE

Are we all talking about the same cigar here? I'm interested in both but thought we were talking about the 2011 release one and $440 sounds too cheap for those so I'm assuming Bill and everyone are talking about the Don Jose. Either way I'm down to split for anyone of those or even both so we could do a side by side comparison.:rolleyes:

I know that the 2011's have been going up in price and were in the 600-800 range last year. I have not looked into them in while.

Then again I believe Bill has about 6 of those boxes hoarded in one of his humis.:D C'mon Bill sell us one - please....

Yes!!!

Hold on, I am trying to communicate with my italian vendor who has them for around $440... I will let you know later today...
I was at around $390+$75+insurance costs that I didn't get a figure on.

The 2011 is over 1k a box now. Closer to $1200 if you can find someone willing to sell one.

Haha Kris, I had 5 boxes, but I gave them all away :)

About the DJ's, I just talked with Davide, my Italian buddy, he is expecting some in the next few days... With the exchange rate, these come to about $440 a box, with guaranteed shipping with DHL...If he comes through, I will be happy to be the point man on this one...

I'd be in as well if this goes through and there is room.

Paul

If there's more than enough interest for 2 boxes, and it spears there may be, I'd possibly be interested in a 5er as I missed out on the selectos finos and am fully regretting it. Depends on when this goes down and I sure as heck don't want to hold up the order.

C

If there's more than enough interest for 2 boxes, and it spears there may be, I'd possibly be interested in a 5er as I missed out on the selectos finos and am fully regretting it. Depends on when this goes down and I sure as heck don't want to hold up the order.

C

C, this one is wrapped up with the ten that posted interest. Missed it by one but next time brother.

50 boxes at 440 a pop, or what $22K in cigars looks like. Probably going out to a Saudi prince somewhere.

Prices are already jumping on these. I'm seeing people asking $575 for them already - WTF. It looks like these are going the route of the 2011's. Now I really have to try one as I can't believe that these could top those. Either people are assuming that these will be just as great or don't want to miss out on them again.

Last edited:
I picked up a box, but haven't gotten around to smoking one yet. They sure smell delicious.

Got around to trying my gifted single while waiting for my box.
Tried my best to not compare to previous release which was amazing.
They're good for being so young, but nothing exceptional at this point which is understandable. I remember thinking the original release was way too spicy and harsh when I first tried. Two years later I was scouring the Internet looking for a box. Last third did bring out a glimpse of their potential however.