• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Liquor Acquisitions 2022

Hey gang, I'm going to be driving from St. Louis to Orlando for a little RandR. Any suggestions for bottles of whiskey or bourbon I should be on the lookout for and what kind of price I should consider. The people I will be with are NOT hunters so it will be bottles that are just more available, especially in Florida. Thanks for any suggestions. J

Hey gang, I'm going to be driving from St. Louis to Orlando for a little RandR. Any suggestions for bottles of whiskey or bourbon I should be on the lookout for and what kind of price I should consider. The people I will be with are NOT hunters so it will be bottles that are just more available, especially in Florida. Thanks for any suggestions. J
Joe, I took the time to plan a solution for you. When you get here, we can go grab a bottle.:cool:

1645275273463.png

These have all been recent acquisitions. I read on Breaking Bourbon, that Old Grand-Dad bonded was under-rated.

I am anxious to try Weller and Old Grand-Dad side by side to see if I can tell the difference in the the Weller wheat vs the Old Grand-Dad heavy rye.

1645275660334.png

These have all been recent acquisitions. I read on Breaking Bourbon, that Old Grand-Dad bonded was under-rated.

I am anxious to try Weller and Old Grand-Dad side by side to see if I can tell the difference in the the Weller wheat vs the Old Grand-Dad heavy rye.

View attachment 52479
I enjoyed the Weller and thought it was a good buy considering the Ohio price point of $23.

View attachment 52479
I have an opinion on which one is better. Would be curious to hear yours.

Picked this one up yesterday on my way to bonfire. The first few glasses were good, then the shots of redhot moonshine started and the rest is history that I don’t remember. 😆 Anyways, I don’t think I recall seeing the 1 liter bottle before?
0E9E2F2C-F111-4E9A-B6B8-03502E4CACC6.jpeg

I have an opinion on which one is better. Would be curious to hear yours.
I am going to reserve my opinion until I do the comparison again. The Old Grand Dad was a new bottle and I want to let it open up a bit. With the Old Grand Dad, there was a dramatic difference in the smell between 30 second after the pour, and ten minutes after the pour.

In general, I enjoy the Weller.

Whats your take on Kirkland Bourbon ?

I once had some very old Dalmore (50 years ?) One of the family was an officer in the UK Army. Best Damn Scots Whiskey I ever sipped.
The Kirkland tequila is good. I’m less of a fan of anejo tequila and more of a fan of respodo tequila b/c I think anejo , we’ll you might as well just drink a light bourbon, it tastes so similar. I did not get the Kirkland bourbon but Bullitt rye is good stuff

The Kirkland tequila is good. I’m less of a fan of anejo tequila and more of a fan of respodo tequila b/c I think anejo , we’ll you might as well just drink a light bourbon, it tastes so similar. I did not get the Kirkland bourbon but Bullitt rye is good stuff
Thanks. I have not ried their tequila. I had heard their bourbon was made by Makers Mark.