• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Liquor Acquisitions 2022

This reminds me.. anyone remember when Maker's started their Ambassador's Club? This was probably 15 years or so ago. One of the perks was I had my name engraved and plated on an aging barrel.

I used to get all kinds of shwag from them, especially over the holidays. They use to do ugly sweaters for the bottles and gimmicky stuff like that. But these MM posts have reminded me I haven't heard anything from them in years.

Anyone else remember or a part of that club?

Took trying several old email addresses and a forgot password hassle.. but I got back in!

Screenshot_20220309-234641_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20220309-234659_Samsung Internet.jpg

I'm trying to find the photo of my barrel now...

My barrel was used after 7 years of aging and I missed numerous emails and calls starting in 2014 to be there. 😢

Sadly, that email had been compromised sometime during the Great Recession and was relegated to just a junk email for me to use.. it'd been years since I used it last. And my phone changed simply because I was on a plan with a former ex and needed to change it when we broke up.

I would have gladly made the pilgrimage to Loretto, KY for its inauguration and to get my first signed bottles. I even had the opportunity to buy the empty barrel... for $385. Which may seem like alot, but knowing it's provenance and having my name on it... I would have paid twice that. Today it would probably cost $385 just to ship it up here!

Man, I was only 30 in 2008.. was just starting to get serious about liquors.. as opposed to my 20s when we just drank whatever got us drunk.. especially here in WI. Doesn't get much wetter than here. STILL the only state in the entire country where drunk driving isn't illegal.. it's a citation!!

Anyway, if anyone's not an "Ambassador" yet, you can sign up for free these days. I still have MM Xmas wrapping paper, ribbon w/ their logo, bows, and even Ambassador Cards... great marketing idea.. what else can it be used for other than wrapping a MM bottle with it, right?

Just stay on top of your email about 6 years later!

It's also a great conversation starter... "Say, did you know there's a man in Kentucky that I've never met who gets paid to my taste my bunghole from time to time? True story!". 😆 🤢🤫😛

This reminds me.. anyone remember when Maker's started their Ambassador's Club? This was probably 15 years or so ago. One of the perks was I had my name engraved and plated on an aging barrel.

I used to get all kinds of shwag from them, especially over the holidays. They use to do ugly sweaters for the bottles and gimmicky stuff like that. But these MM posts have reminded me I haven't heard anything from them in years.

Anyone else remember or a part of that club?
They still do and yes
1646930142715.png

Last edited:
Anyway, if anyone's not an "Ambassador" yet, you can sign up for free these days.

My apologies.. you have to be invited by the company first. I think I may have joined during a trade event or meeting a rep or something.. I really don't remember the circumstances behind it.

Chad, do you remember what you did to join?

My apologies.. you have to be invited by the company first. I think I may have joined during a trade event or meeting a rep or something.. I really don't remember the circumstances behind it.

Chad, do you remember what you did to join?
You join on the site..

You join on the site..

That's what I thought at first too:

Maker’s Mark® Ambassadors sure have a tough job: helping to spread word far and wide about their favorite expressions of Maker’s Mark. In return, they not only get their names placed onto barrels at Star Hill Farm, but they also receive early-access product and brand news, exclusive event invites and maybe even a surprise or two along the way.

Becoming a prestigious Ambassador now requires a
special invitation directly from Maker’s Mark.

I'm not sure what I am looking here Nate?

You'll have to scroll up some Jeff. Nate is acknowledging that he and I need to plan for the future better.

Now all eyes are on Chad! 👀