• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Liquor Acquisitions 2022

I don't know how difficult it is to obtain Buffalo Trace but I bought a 1.75 bottle in case anybody wants it.

Not if you make the old fashion correctly. A good old fashion should compliment the liquor and bring out the taste. It's not like dumping coke in something to hopefully make it taste less like shit.
Recipe please?

2 oz angels envy, 1 oz simple syrup, 1/2 oz orange bitters, 4-5 dashes is Angostura bitters. . Small piece of an orange rind (if available)

Add simple syrup, bitters, and ice to glass and stir for 30 seconds. Add bourbon, and cherries and stir for 40-60 seconds. Take orange rind and wipe the lip of the glass all the way around and squeeze into glass. Drop into drink and enjoy

Edit: At the risk of sounding like I drink a lot, I ALWAYS double this. Also I am experimenting with infusing smoke into the drink but haven't perfected that yet.

What if all I have is the angostura Bitters and sugar?

Well, if desperate, I suppose you could cook it up and inject it. It'd sure be better thank drinkin it. Maybe the sugar would offset the bitters. Hmmm, you freakin' Buckeyes are weird.

Floyd T

I like to use an orange peel twist instead of just a slice of peel because I feel it gives it more fresh orange zest. I only use angostura and make your simple syrup yourself and make it double (2 cups of sugar to 1 cup of water) so it won’t water it down any more. Also Luxardo cherries if you got ‘em. Makes all the difference paying that $25 a jar. I put a tad of the juice from the cherries too and sometimes instead of the sugar I use pure maple syrup. Soooo good with some maple

2 oz simple syrup, two dashes of orange bitters, orange peel, couple dashes of angostina bitters if you have it. 3 oz of your best rye or bourbon whiskey.

Toss the simple syrup, bitters and orange peel in a glass. Pour that down the drain. Get another glass and pour the bourbon or rye into it. Enjoy

Indeed.

Only alcohol I water down is gin for a g&t and absinthe.

Haha I actually do enjoy an old fashion on occasion. If I do make one it’s typically with makers or buffalo trace.

It’s just so hard sometimes to not be a smartass

Haha I actually do enjoy an old fashion on occasion. If I do make one it’s typically with makers or buffalo trace.

It’s just so hard sometimes to not be a smartass
Haha. I enjoyed it. And yeah I actually think the nicer bourbons don’t taste very good in an old fashioned. I usually try every bourbon I get in an old fashioned and I tend to like the cheaper whiskeys in it albeit decent ones like WT 101 or Makers 46 and as I have mentioned before Weller SR but that’s too damn hard to find and not worth the price people charge now. Use to be $25

Gawd I hate mixing other "stuff" with the Weller SR. Screws up the flavor! :cool:
SR is just a basic whiskey. It’s just so amped up because people found out they are crappy Pappy barrels so I don’t consider it a top shelf whisky just because it’s hard to find. It’s $25 a bottle like WT101 or Makers. Antique and 12 I agree drink it straight