• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

More Opus/GOF Than I've Ever Seen!

Send me one and I'll let ya know! :laugh: I'll take some nice photos of the two side-by-side. LOL
Chris

Damn. :thumbs:

Better adjust the household budget to make a little extra "hobby room" there, bro.

BTW, $65 is the lowest price I've ever seen personally on the BBMF at a B&M. I think they're well over $100 in Vegas.

~Boar

$123.50..........to be exact .

Awesome. To my eyes, the wrapper on the newer prod. size maddie wrappers look more like the hemi maduro wrapper leaf than the anejo and I am curious to see what sort of variance there is.

DSCF0962.jpg

All CFCF box cigars from the 2008 box to present.

From Left to Right: BBMF Maduro 2008, El Scorpion Maduro 2008, BBMF Maduro 2009, Scorpio Maduro 2010 and the Black Orchid 2010.

If needed, I will go through my whole stash and take out every CFCF Maduro and snap a picture of it. But the coloring on the wrappers is pretty consistent. They have all proven to be some power house smokes. Especially the 2009 and 2010 releases.

Here is a side by side of a few different releases, with some other Fuente maddie/SG wrappers for ref. I would still like to get hold of one of the 2004 banded robos for comparison though.

opusmaddiescomp.jpg

From left to right: BBMF (01), BBMFM (or), Opus Robo (recent), Opus Robo Maddie (2002 humi release, old wrapper), Opus maddie robo (couple years old, darker wrapper), Opus Maduro Churchill (2002 humi, old wrapper), Perf X normal wrapper (circa 2009), Perf X maduro (darker wrapper), Short Story maduro (for wrapper comparison, Anejo 60 (wrapper comparison), DAGA SG (comparison)

Awesome. To my eyes, the wrapper on the newer prod. size maddie wrappers look more like the hemi maduro wrapper leaf than the anejo and I am curious to see what sort of variance there is.

DSCF0962.jpg

All CFCF box cigars from the 2008 box to present.

From Left to Right: BBMF Maduro 2008, El Scorpion Maduro 2008, BBMF Maduro 2009, Scorpio Maduro 2010 and the Black Orchid 2010.

If needed, I will go through my whole stash and take out every CFCF Maduro and snap a picture of it. But the coloring on the wrappers is pretty consistent. They have all proven to be some power house smokes. Especially the 2009 and 2010 releases.

Here is a side by side of a few different releases, with some other Fuente maddie/SG wrappers for ref. I would still like to get hold of one of the 2004 banded robos for comparison though.

opusmaddiescomp.jpg

From left to right: BBMF (01), BBMFM (or), Opus Robo (recent), Opus Robo Maddie (2002 humi release, old wrapper), Opus maddie robo (couple years old, darker wrapper), Opus Maduro Churchill (2002 humi, old wrapper), Perf X normal wrapper (circa 2009), Perf X maduro (darker wrapper), Short Story maduro (for wrapper comparison, Anejo 60 (wrapper comparison), DAGA SG (comparison)

Damn, you have a SS maduro? Nice! :thumbs: That is one rare smoke.

[/quote]

opusmaddiescomp.jpg

[/quote]

Damn, you have a SS maduro? Nice! :thumbs: That is one rare smoke.
[/quote]

Not for long :)

~brooks

They going production with them? Seriously? I don't know if I should be happy or pissed off

They going production with them? Seriously? I don't know if I should be happy or pissed off

Rumor is that they will be releasing a limited number of boxes of the SSM (and perhaps the BSM as well) sometime this year...like 750 boxes or so, a la the recent 858SG and Hemmingway SG and Rosado...

But who knows?

~brooks

At least mine was free, I would be climbing up the walls if I paid what some others have.

At least mine was free, I would be climbing up the walls if I paid what some others have.

Well, they are still OR, and honestly, I don't think they are even using the same wrapper (although I don't know that for sure)...They can release all the "New" 858SG and Rosados they want, and they taste almost nothing like the ORs...

~brooks

Eff I just bought a sampler at CF with a short story maduro that was not cheap. This undermines the rarity of that cigar now...oh well it was for a good cause.

Eff I just bought a sampler at CF with a short story maduro that was not cheap. This undermines the rarity of that cigar now...oh well it was for a good cause.

It is just a rumor, remember :)

**shrug**

~brooks

Greg, send it to me....I'll dispose of it properly, then you won't feel so bad. ;)

I'll admit...I'm stumped here. Here is a side-by-side with Opus Maddies from '05, and '10 and the "suspect"

Unfortunately, I have an old camera and can't do High-res photos, but everything down to the grain of the leaf looks spot on. The band was not taken off another cigar and put back on...that's rather obvious to the naked eye. And when Chris said "But Jake, it has that Opus smell" I'll be the first to admit I was more than skeptical. "How can you tell by that?" I asked myself....well, low and behold, Chris was right... After smelling all of the foots, it was nearly identical. And Phil, you are correct as well....there is nothing to do with color sorting here, this is a distinct maduro...no questions asked.

So, as I said...this leaves me puzzled. I want to believe it's real, but given some of the other stories, I'm still skeptical about the authenticity. Regardless, the worst that can happen is I light up a overpriced Anejo Shark...no big deal. I know a couple others might have gotten 1 or 2 due to piqued interest as well...so I'd be interested to see what they might have to say about it. Note that I won't be trading or selling the 2 I got....it was only because I was intrigued and wanted to check it out for myself. Guess the next step is to light it up and see if it smoke like an Opus, or like an Anejo.

395899863.jpg

**shrug**

~brooks

Not a rumor. When I was at the factory last month at the rolling tables they said there would be Short Story Maduros out later this year. They didn't specifically mention Best Sellers, but I presume they would do those as well if they're doing Short Story maddies.

Glad everything arrived safe and sound Jake. As of right now it's just you and me with them. I send out another box tomorrow though, but only with one. Looks like we're the guinea pigs. After my usual 2 week sit I plan to let one burn!
Chris

**shrug**

~brooks

Not a rumor. When I was at the factory last month at the rolling tables they said there would be Short Story Maduros out later this year. They didn't specifically mention Best Sellers, but I presume they would do those as well if they're doing Short Story maddies.

Well shit, ISO a box of SS maduro, TIA!

**shrug**

~brooks

I don't chase after fuente HTF's much any more but I think a box of SS maduros would be worth my time and money. :thumbs:

**shrug**

~brooks

Hell yeah, I would love a box of SSM's :)

Jake I just noticed you had a 2005 band on that BBMFM. If you don't mind my asking, where did you get it? I have never seen one banded that way and AFAIK the first release was in 2007.