• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Netflix and other shows you are watching

The Consultant. Being a huge fan of Christoph Waltz I was highly looking forward to this show. Unfortunately, Waltz was really the only good thing about this show. This show just felt like it was being shocking for shocking's sake with no real follow up or reason for it's shock factor.

Waco docuseries on Netflix. Pretty interesting show. Nothing truly ground breaking, but it was good to see these producers got interviews with both FBI/ATF and former Branch Davidians.

We watched Reacher on Prime. I’ve never read any of the books, but the series has me intrigued. I thought it was well done and the character Reacher, is a beast of a man in this series. Looking forward to season 2 coming out this year.

Tempted to watch the Tom Cruise “Jack Reacher” movie, but decided against it.

We watched Reacher on Prime. I’ve never read any of the books, but the series has me intrigued. I thought it was well done and the character Reacher, is a beast of a man in this series. Looking forward to season 2 coming out this year.

Tempted to watch the Tom Cruise “Jack Reacher” movie, but decided against it.
As a YUGE fan of the books, Amazon got it right. Half of the Reacher character is his size, so even though Tom Cruise did a great job acting the part (I said what I said), it was just not believable because his actions were that of a 6' 5", 250 lb. cave man, but his visible stature didn't support the illusion. My only legitimate complaint about the Amazon show is that they kind of phoned in the final episode after a great series. I'm looking forward to the second season coming out soon, as filming wrapped a few months ago.

As a YUGE fan of the books, Amazon got it right. Half of the Reacher character is his size, so even though Tom Cruise did a great job acting the part (I said what I said), it was just not believable because his actions were that of a 6' 5", 250 lb. cave man, but his visible stature didn't support the illusion. My only legitimate complaint about the Amazon show is that they kind of phoned in the final episode after a great series. I'm looking forward to the second season coming out soon, as filming wrapped a few months ago.

I always wanted to be 6’5.

MH370: The Plane That Disappeared on Netflix. Overall an interesting docuseries that contained 3 major theories as to what happened to the plane and its crew and passengers.

MH370: The Plane That Disappeared on Netflix. Overall an interesting docuseries that contained 3 major theories as to what happened to the plane and its crew and passengers.
I've been wanting to check that out.

I saw John Wick 4 in IMAX last night. I cannot say anything about it without spoilers, but if you are a fan of the JW series, you will love it.

Survivor on HBOMax. This movie was truly touching, It tells the real life tale of boxer Harry Haft, and how he was forced to box in Auschwitz and the toll that takes on his life. I don't want to get too deep into the story cause this is a movie best to go into without any spoilers. Ben Foster was great as Haft, and even pulled of a Christian Bale by losing and gaining weight during the various phases of Haft's life.

The Night Agent - I thought it was good, wife thought it was better than Reacher. We are not of the same opinion. The acting seemed a little generic and plot seems like it's been done, multiple times of the years. An easy binger for a weekend or 2 episodes a night, for a week.

Agreed; I always enjoy watching the Speed Racer movie. It is simply just a fun movie. I always thought it did a good job of capturing the spirit of the cartoon, without trying to add unnecessary filler or fluff; just to make it seem more than what it is.
Not every movie has to be great cinema. So e are just fun to watch and entertaining.

The live action adaptation of Blade of The Immortal rented on Prime. Based off the manga of the same name, Blade tells the tale of Manji, an Ronin cursed immortality as he projects and helps an orphaned girl seek revenge for her family's murder. The movie did an excellent job staying true to the source material and the actors did their roles well. Lots of bloody, and I do mean bloody fights with just about every weapon imaginable during the Edo period. I'll probably end up buying this one in the near future.

Edit: I forgot to mention that Manji also prefers to use the two sword method of fighting founded by Miyamoto Musashi.

Last edited:
The Night Agent - I thought it was good, wife thought it was better than Reacher. We are not of the same opinion. The acting seemed a little generic and plot seems like it's been done, multiple times of the years. An easy binger for a weekend or 2 episodes a night, for a week.
I enjoyed this as well

Watching Lincoln Lawyer. - really good and they got a lot of legal concepts very accurately
Assuming the series? I was weary of this one going in (as a YUGE fan of the Mickey Haller books), but they got it right.

The wife and I also got in The Night Agent. It was good if you allow for things the average citizen doesn't know ( as who guards Camp David ) etc. I sure did love it when that witch took a dive off that tower in Epi.#9. They did that well. Hated to see a Monk killed, but that figures.