• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Netflix and other shows you are watching

I started watching "What if..." on D+ last night. I'm only a few episodes in, but it's entertaining. If you are familiar with the MCU, these alternate takes are pretty interesting (and sometimes quite dark!). Most of the original cast provides the respective voices for the characters, and I've been fooled by replacement voice actors more than once so far -- they are done very well. Each episode is about 30 minutes, so quite bite-size and easy to get through.

I know it’s not Netflix, but it’s streaming. I was about to watch the new Dr Strange yesterday (ok, honestly got 20 minutes in and thought I was missing something), then read somewhere that I should watch Spider Man: No way home first and finish WandaVision. I watched the first episode and stopped.

Any clue why Spider Man isn’t part of MCU on Disney? Assume it’s rights or something back when the first few Spider Man came out?

I know it’s not Netflix, but it’s streaming. I was about to watch the new Dr Strange yesterday (ok, honestly got 20 minutes in and thought I was missing something), then read somewhere that I should watch Spider Man: No way home first and finish WandaVision. I watched the first episode and stopped.

Any clue why Spider Man isn’t part of MCU on Disney? Assume it’s rights or something back when the first few Spider Man came out?
Sony still owns the rights to Spider-Man. The only marvel character left besides a part of the Hulk that universal still owns. Disney has bought back everything else though

They have a contract with Sony to use spider man in the team up movies but Sony keeps rights to the individual Spider man movies and they get to be in the MCU and marvel helps them with the story to make sure it works with the MCU story arc.

They can use Hulk for some reason in other movies but Universal still owns the rights to an individual Hulk movie.

I’m interested to see what they do with Fantastic 4 and X-Men now that they acquired Fox a couple years ago

Marvel sold off a bunch of movie rights to a bunch of different companies in the 90’s I believe it was because they were in trouble financially. I think that’s how the story goes. Now Disney is trying to buy them all back up

Last edited:

I didn't feel lost having not seen Spiderman yet, but you DO have to watch all of WandaVision (including the final post-credit scene in the last episode) to really understand what is going on in the new Dr. Strange.

Also, I think this thread has pretty much morphed into a general streaming conversation.

For me, I had no knowledge of the Moon Knight prior to watching the series, and I throughly enjoyed it. I am also enjoying Obi Wan, and that I think most have at least some knowledge of, myself included.

I am a little different when it comes to watching tv, shows, movies, etc. For me, it is about being entertained, at least at first. I don’t care about mistakes in timelines or procedures, or anything like that. If I am entertained ie..it keeps my attention..I will watch it. Later on I may watch it a 2nd or 3rd time and look for the other things I described to get a better understanding.

My wife on the other hand, wants things to be true to form. So much at times she will comment “this would never happen like this” or “that’s not how it works” etc, and even research the show on her phone, while watching it. Even if it is based in fantasy. But everyone has their own thing I guess.

One of my best examples is Game Of Thrones. I couldn’t get through the first episode to save my life. Found it terribly boring, all the while everyone is talking about how great the series was, and I think it was 4 seasons in or something when i started to try to watch it. So I forced myself to get through it, and into the second episode and then was hooked at that point.

I really liked Rome as well but that only lasted 2 seasons. But that’s one she would pick apart during the show…
Generally I agree with you, unless I see something I know to be totally wrong. Recently I was watching Evil on Paramount+. In this episode they were investigating a demon "On I 95 leading to Montreal" in New York State. Now New York State has all of about 30 miles of I 95. From the George Washington Bridge to the Connecticut line. I-87 The New York Thruway runs north to Montreal. And I 95 sure is not a rural deserted highway. This bothered me and I said so. My friends who were watching with me said it was just a writers error. Well isn't there a fact checker who goes over scripts ? Otherwise it was a good episode.

Generally I agree with you, unless I see something I know to be totally wrong. Recently I was watching Evil on Paramount+. In this episode they were investigating a demon "On I 95 leading to Montreal" in New York State. Now New York State has all of about 30 miles of I 95. From the George Washington Bridge to the Connecticut line. I-87 The New York Thruway runs north to Montreal. And I 95 sure is not a rural deserted highway. This bothered me and I said so. My friends who were watching with me said it was just a writers error. Well isn't there a fact checker who goes over scripts ? Otherwise it was a good episode.

I wonder if it’s just something they needed like “rural New York” to make things fit, and they took a liberty?

Kind of like the journey song…south detroit…doesn’t really exist…but makes the song work.

I didn't feel lost having not seen Spiderman yet, but you DO have to watch all of WandaVision (including the final post-credit scene in the last episode) to really understand what is going on in the new Dr. Strange.

Also, I think this thread has pretty much morphed into a general streaming conversation.
Same here with respects to Spider-Man, watched the new Dr. Strange last night.

I would agree that if you haven’t watched all of WandaVison you need to. I don’t think you would be lost if you didn’t, just maybe a bit confused at least until you did, if that makes sense.

I thought it was a pretty decent movie but tended to be a bit long imo. I don’t know exactly how long the movie was, just that it felt like it was dragging on during some parts.

Wandavision is crap. The first 2 b&w episodes were cringeworthy. Got the new dr strange ordered on 4k disc though, so trying to stick with it .

Stranger things season 4 🥰

2 years till 5 now 😥

Wandavision is crap. The first 2 b&w episodes were cringeworthy. Got the new dr strange ordered on 4k disc though, so trying to stick with it .

Stranger things season 4 🥰

2 years till 5 now 😥
Wanda bison gets way better. It’s pretty good. But yeah the first couple episodes are so weird. They took a very artistic approach. But it all makes sense as you keep watching

Watched Dr. Strange and it was disjointed for me as well. Didn't see Wandavision.

Watched Dr. Strange and it was disjointed for me as well. Didn't see Wandavision.
Wandavision explains what happens to Wanda after dealing with the death of vision in Infinity War. She goes nuts because she had to kill him to try and stop Thanos and it was all for nothing because thanos turns back time with the time stone and kills him again taking the stone. She ends up taking over a whole town of people with her mind, making people that live close to the town forget that the town even existed, re-creating vision and 2 children in the process with her powers. There’s a bunch of other stuff I won’t spoil if you want to see it but that kind of explains the parts you need to know for Dr. Strange. That’s why she wants to travel to other dimensions and take the kids she has in those dimensions. She can feel they exist in her dimension yet they were created and fake in hers and she wants them back

I finished WandaVision yesterday and if I had to do it all over again, I’d watch the first episode, then start at 4 and watch until the end. Going to restart Dr Strange and the Multiverse, so so can watch it all in one sitting. I’ve started watching these with the CC on, not because of bad hearing, but because there are so many languages/accents and I also feel I comprehend more of what’s going on, if I read it. Yeah yeah, call me old.

I never read the MC comics, but am really looking forward to new movies and series on Disney +. Gotta watch The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, What if?, Eternals, Hawkeye, Moon knight and Ms Marvel.

Was the Illuminati a nod to what’s coming, in the MCU?

@CBoukal Can we get a title change on this? It’s morphed into much more than Netflix 😂

Wandavision explains what happens to Wanda after dealing with the death of vision in Infinity War. She goes nuts because she had to kill him to try and stop Thanos and it was all for nothing because thanos turns back time with the time stone and kills him again taking the stone. She ends up taking over a whole town of people with her mind, making people that live close to the town forget that the town even existed, re-creating vision and 2 children in the process with her powers. There’s a bunch of other stuff I won’t spoil if you want to see it but that kind of explains the parts you need to know for Dr. Strange. That’s why she wants to travel to other dimensions and take the kids she has in those dimensions. She can feel they exist in her dimension yet they were created and fake in hers and she wants them back
Thanks for the recap!

Just finished Ozark, Mindhunter and The Lincoln Lawyer.
Been there done that. All excellent! I was a little disappointed in ozark but they had to end it someway.