• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Netflix and other shows you are watching

I need to watch more if The Old Man. Only watched the first one so far, but liked it.

Watching the 3rd episode as I speak... Lithgow and Jeff Bridges.. wow, just perfect in this series. From the commercials I was worried that it would be all chopped up and edited and lame fight choreography.. But then the F-bombs started flying and the fight scenes began.. and now I'm hooked.. worry-free!

It's something you would expect from HBO or Netflix.. but on regular ol' FX. I'll say this.. if you liked the movie Taken, this is a series you're gonna want to record.
Not as face-paced and action-packed, but it is a series and they're doing an excellent job at building plot points so far. I started both the 2nd and now 3rd episodes immediately.

Oh.. and Amy Brenneman is terrific in it as well. Reminds me of her turn as Deniro's love interest in the EPIC 1995 crime drama, *Heat. She's always turned in solid performances from what I've seen from her. The casting has been absolutely top-notch.

I definitely recommend.. very looking forward to watching the rest! 👍

The Old Man - "Official" Trailer:

*curious, has anyone reading this not seen the movie Heat before? Being serious, just wondering if it's one that was overlooked or maybe not heard of before?

I watched a fun one the other night called Boss Level with Frank Grillo.
John Wick meets Groundhog Day.

Arkansas was mildly entertaining. Good cast. Generic plot.

I watched a fun one the other night called Boss Level with Frank Grillo.
John Wick meets Groundhog Day.

Arkansas was mildly entertaining. Good cast. Generic plot.
What platform were these on?

Has anyone else watched The Lincoln Lawyer?
I miss Matt, but this was more in line with the books/source material. I thought, all in all, it was great. The only thing that really stood out to me as poor, was when he was supposed to be talking on a cell phone. To me, he just came off as an actor trying to recite his lines and cues.

I miss Matt, but this was more in line with the books/source material. I thought, all in all, it was great. The only thing that really stood out to me as poor, was when he was supposed to be talking on a cell phone. To me, he just came off as an actor trying to recite his lines and cues.

I haven’t read the books, but will probably after this series. I also can’t remember ever seeing the movie, with Matthew McConaughey. We have the last episode left to watch and overall, we like it. I think it’s well done, but the speed of it to me, lacks something. I like the actor who plays Mick Haller and Neve Campbell is still pretty hot, for being a year older than me 😂

The last few episodes have really picked up steam and compared to the first few, really have kept our attention and it’s been hard to not binge the last 3 episodes in one night. I guess there’s a Season 2 coming out in 2024.

Last edited:
I haven’t read the books, but will probably after this series. I also can’t remember ever seeing the movie, with Matthew McConaughey. We have the last episode left to watch and overall, we like it. I think it’s well done, but the speed of it to me, lacks something. I like the actor who plays Mick Haller and Neve Campbell is still pretty hot, for being a year older than me 😂

The last few episodes have really picked up steam and compared to the first few, really have kept our attention and it’s been hard to not binge the last 3 episodes in one night. I guess there’s a Season 2 coming out in 2024.
Aye. There was a big stink in comments sections about Netflix trying to make the show socially relevant by casting a Latino guy as Mickey Haller instead of MM, or a MM clone. I lit'rally laughed out loud when Michael Connelly, the author of the books and creator of the character, showed up in some random comments thread and schooled the morons that Haller was born of an illegal immigrant mother and was half Mexican in the books. Neve is, indeed, still a smoke show. The standout of the series, for me, was the daughter. For such a young actress, she was a-mazing. I believed every scene she was in. I'll agree that the pacing was a bit slow; it's like it couldn't decide what genre it wanted to be.

9 3/4

Reminds me I need to watch john wick 2 and 3. The first gave the subwoofer hell of a work out :D

Don't get too excited... think along the lines of Taken 2 & 3. What I'd really like to see is another Equalizer with Denzel. Also a 3rd Sicario with Benecio would be great.. really liked the first two.

I dont expect them to be anything other than trigger happy fun.

Started watching Manifest. 2 episodes in and it's already dumb as fuck.

I need some HBO back in my life. They know how to produce good tv. My Sopranos boxset has been calling me....

Seems to be some good shit on paramount+, but it's not available here yet, and I really dont need another streaming sub.

I dont expect them to be anything other than trigger happy fun.

Started watching Manifest. 2 episodes in and it's already dumb as fuck.

I need some HBO back in my life. They know how to produce good tv. My Sopranos boxset has been calling me....

Seems to be some good shit on paramount+, but it's not available here yet, and I really dont need another streaming sub.

You can't get HBOMax?

Aye. There was a big stink in comments sections about Netflix trying to make the show socially relevant by casting a Latino guy as Mickey Haller instead of MM, or a MM clone. I lit'rally laughed out loud when Michael Connelly, the author of the books and creator of the character, showed up in some random comments thread and schooled the morons that Haller was born of an illegal immigrant mother and was half Mexican in the books. Neve is, indeed, still a smoke show. The standout of the series, for me, was the daughter. For such a young actress, she was a-mazing. I believed every scene she was in. I'll agree that the pacing was a bit slow; it's like it couldn't decide what genre it wanted to be.

I was more shocked that in this version he was surfer. 😂

Don't get too excited... think along the lines of Taken 2 & 3. What I'd really like to see is another Equalizer with Denzel. Also a 3rd Sicario with Benecio would be great.. really liked the first two.

I liked John Wick 2, as it expands on the Wick universe and the criminal underworld they all "play" in. Wick 3.....was different; not so much bad, just different.

Now, I did not like Equalizer 2. Just seemed to be a completely different movie than the first, just some of the actors and characters' names were the same. That is just the way it felt to me.

Edit to Add: I dislike Equalize 2 for the same reasons I don't like Jack Reacher 2. They completely removed the mystery and "myth" of the characters the first movies established. That aspect is what I really enjoyed about those characters and is what drew me in. Remove that and they are just generic action movie 5 billion and 10. Where John Wick has kept those aspects of the John Wick character throughout the series and just expands on it. So they remain unique to me.

Last edited:

I loved the first two Sicario films. A 3rd is in development, but the last I heard there is no set release date.

I liked John Wick 2, as it expands on the Wick universe and the criminal underworld they all "play" in. Wick 3.....was different; not so much bad, just different.

Now, I did not like Equalizer 2. Just seemed to be a completely different movie than the first, just some of the actors and characters' names were the same. That is just the way it felt to me.

Edit to Add: I dislike Equalize 2 for the same reasons I don't like Jack Reacher 2. They completely removed the mystery and "myth" of the characters the first movies established. That aspect is what I really enjoyed about those characters and is what drew me in. Remove that and they are just generic action movie 5 billion and 10. Where John Wick has kept those aspects of the John Wick character throughout the series and just expands on it. So they remain unique to me.
Did you watch Reacher on Amazon (or was it Netfix?)? I honestly don't know how that show could have been done better. It stayed true enough to satisfy the purists (like myself), but made a cardboard character watchable and engrossing for a general audience. They also nailed it by casting Richeson.

Did you watch Reacher on Amazon (or was it Netfix?)? I honestly don't know how that show could have been done better. It stayed true enough to satisfy the purists (like myself), but made a cardboard character watchable and engrossing for a general audience. They also nailed it by casting Richeson.
Just talking about the movies. I haven't watched the series. I lost interest in Jack Reacher after that bad sequel. I re-watch the first, but just ignored everything after. So the series is more faithful to the first movie?

Just talking about the movies. I haven't watched the series. I lost interest in Jack Reacher after that bad sequel. I re-watch the first, but just ignored everything after. So the series is more faithful to the first movie?
Yes! If you are a fan of the books, I think you will be a fan of the series.