• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Netflix and other shows you are watching

Just finished Doom Patrol. What a ride! This is hands down my favorite comic book related adaptation. It's hilarious with doses of plan out absurdity but yew full of heart of emotions. This show has a bit of everything and does it so well. The writers really did a fantastic job. The ending was perfect and had everything you would expect from this show. I'm sad to see it end but glad I went on the ride.

Masters of the Air

I'm excited that it is finally on - it is the third series that started with Band of Brothers and The Pacific. If you havent's seen them, I highly recommend those as well.

True Detective Season 4

And the best news - the final season of Curb Your Enthusiasm starts Sunday!

Last edited:
Strange Days on Max.

Even though it was made in 1995 about 1999, it’s still relevant, and gd, Angela Bassett is a badass.

Masters of the Air

I'm excited that it is finally on - it is the third series that started with Band of Brothers and The Pacific. If you havent's seen them, I highly recommend those as well.

True Detective Season 4

And the best news - the final season of Curb Your Enthusiasm starts Sunday!
This has been in development hell for well over a decade. I have read the book (same title) that it is supposed to be based on, so I'm really, really looking forward to it. Unfortunately, I don't have Apple+, though I mayyyyy have a workaround for that. My only fear is that it is/will be a CGI-fest. I mean, BoB and The Pacific were much more doable for using practical effects and sets. Obviously a thousand-ship sortie of B-17s is not possible -- hell, there's only a few B-17s left still flying in the entire world and one of them was just lost a few months ago, unfortunately. :(

For family nights, try "Stranger Things" – it's got that perfect mix of nostalgia and suspense. Your 12-year-old will love it. My personal favorite is "The Crown," a royal drama that's surprisingly addictive. Oh, and speaking of Netflix, did you know there are ways to make some extra cash while enjoying your shows? I stumbled upon this cool thing where you can get paid to watch movies on netflix. It's not a huge money-making scheme, more like a fun side hustle. I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds interesting. Anyway, back to shows – "The Witcher" is another must-watch for some fantasy action. And don't miss out on "Money Heist" – it's a rollercoaster of emotions and excitement.

Last edited:
Finished "In the Dark" and the last season felt rushed, due to it being cancelled. It was a good series, there were a few times in episodes that I got serious anxiety, just from her being blind and having to figure things out on her own.

Started "The Stranger", British mini series, last night on Netflix.

Loving Masters of the Air on AppleTV so far. The wide screen aerial shots are CGI, of course, but well done. The B-17 interior sets are gritty and super realistic. Good characters and writing.

Watching a Finnish cop show, Arctic Circle, on Prime. There's a subbed & a dubbed version available, but you want the subbed one. The voice acting on the dubbed version is weak. Show is awesome, though. Great concept, great acting, terrific subplots.

~Boar

Loving Masters of the Air on AppleTV so far. The wide screen aerial shots are CGI, of course, but well done. The B-17 interior sets are gritty and super realistic. Good characters and writing.

Watching a Finnish cop show, Arctic Circle, on Prime. There's a subbed & a dubbed version available, but you want the subbed one. The voice acting on the dubbed version is weak. Show is awesome, though. Great concept, great acting, terrific subplots.

~Boar
Same. I had been waiting for this to be made for so long, and I was really worried about the inevitable CGI. I think they've knocked it out of the park, IMHO.

Just started the Americans👌
I have been meaning to check this out for years. I'm basically with MTM right now (Curb, True Detective, Masters of air) but Brothers Sun and Reacher were both fun. How can you not have a good time with Thad Castle playing Reacher? My wife watches a lot of reality housewives trash, I tend towards erm... real shows done well, but I also feel it is important to pepper in corny/over the top stuff to bother her and properly balance the scales when we watch things together.

Oh I also picked up "For all Mankind" on Apple, which has been solid so far (only in first season).

I have been meaning to check this out for years. I'm basically with MTM right now (Curb, True Detective, Masters of air) but Brothers Sun and Reacher were both fun. How can you not have a good time with Thad Castle playing Reacher? My wife watches a lot of reality housewives trash, I tend towards erm... real shows done well, but I also feel it is important to pepper in corny/over the top stuff to bother her and properly balance the scales when we watch things together.

Oh I also picked up "For all Mankind" on Apple, which has been solid so far (only in first season).
I just started the Brother Sun as well! It’s pretty great so far!