• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Newbie Pass 101

Okay lets give this a try for P/T's:

T: #20 Padilla Series ’68 Robusto ($4.80) $4.90 average (Serious, Cigars International) Not sure if CI would count or not though... $4.80 if only Serious is used.
P: #56 Oliva Serie V #4 ($4.81) $4.78 average (Serious, SmokeInn, Uptown)

T: #49 Padron 1964 Exclusivo ($10.77 I took Tower out of the mix because their price was WAY too low compared to the others) 10.85 average (Serious, SmokeInn, Holts, Uptown)
P: #60 AF Anejo #55 ($10.75)

These would be the only ones that I would question.

My research shows the following prices. See above (in bold) for my comments. My pricing might just be off, if so let me know...

ETA - Not sure the $0.02 and $0.10 under puts are really an issue or not. I personally don't see an issue with the P/T just thinking out loud.

As the math teachers used to say, "show your work!"

For the Padilla I used only Serious because I wasn't sure if CI counted. The Oliva V I used: Smoke Inn ($4.87), Serious ($4.60), Uptown ($4.87) and Jack Schwartz ($4.88).

For the Padron I went with: Serious ($10.90), Holts ($11.00), Smoke Inn ($10.60), Uptown ($10.90) and Jack Schwartz ($10.44).

I looked at Tower because Jake mentioned it and others have referenced it in passes. I nixed their pricing on the Padron ($9.81) because it was so out of line with five other vendors and would have dropped the average significantly.

Love the discussion. This was much harder than I expected. Please let me know if I need to revisit any of these. It's never a bummer to go look in the humi. :)

I really hated the "Show all your work" in school. I never did it, and it pissed the teachers off. Maybe that's why I never pulled straight A's in school...

Looks like the slight discrepancy in price for the Oliva and the Padron was from adding Jack Schwartz in the equation.

I would imagine that matching all up is really hard, that's why I was asking the questions. I want to make sure I have as much info as possible when the pass finally gets out to the west coast.

Jake, this is not a biggie but thought I bring it up for sake of accuracy. To make the cigar list in the OP match the paper work flip #42 and #43.

#42 should be the Tat Black PL and #43 The Face.

Those were my sticks. If it was something that I had missed up when writing out the paper work, my apologies... ???

Alright Newbie Pass Passers, contest time. I have a modest but nice prize package for the passer who gets the most votes. Here are the rules:
1) The winner has to be a member of this pass, but can't be Jake.
2) You can only vote once.
3) You can't vote for yourself.
Votes will be tallied up on December 26th and a winner determined.
Post your vote!

Alright Newbie Pass Passers, contest time. I have a modest but nice prize package for the passer who gets the most votes. Here are the rules:
Post your vote!

Is there a particular catagory / skill / Item we are voting for. Is it about how people have done / are doing within the pass. Or their contributions to the board? Thanks.

Somtimes I'm a little dense

Steve

My vote is for Joebunaga. He has continually been watching this thread and putting in great insight.
Not easy to do for someone who is last on the list, which he could have very easily sat back and waited for he's turn.
When your last in line, its easy to shrug off a pass at the beginning because the sticks change so much.

That, and I feel sorry for the b'stard for having to watch for so long all these great sticks get taken. ;)

*edited for grammar

Post your vote!

Is there a particular catagory / skill / Item we are voting for. Is it about how people have done / are doing within the pass. Or their contributions to the board? Thanks.

Somtimes I'm a little dense

Steve

I don't believe there is...just who you feel is most deserving....for whatever your own rationale.

My vote is for Joebunaga. He has continually been watching this thread and putting in great insight.
Not easy to do for someone who is last on the list, which he could have very easily sat back and waited for he's turn.
When your last in line, its easy to shrug off a pass at the beginning because the sticks change so much.

That, and I feel sorry for the b'stard for having to watch for so long all these great sticks get taken. ;)

*edited for grammar

Last? I thought I was first? Has this thing already started? Thanks Set-In-Stone!

The watching isn't bad, it definitely holds my interest and keeps me looking.

My votes MrAnderson for regularly and repeatedly asking intelligent, well-thought out questions.

**edited for poor grammar missing content

I really hated the "Show all your work" in school. I never did it, and it pissed the teachers off. Maybe that's why I never pulled straight A's in school...

You and I have more in common than an affinity for tasty cigars! :laugh:

JoeBunga............

But it's only halftime.

Don't let me down the second half. ;)

I'm gonna have to go with MrAnderson as well, i don't think anyone has been thirstier for knowledge than that guy, lots of great questions and insight

_craig_

edit: spelling

I vote joebunga as well... his involvement has been extraordinary

Fellas, sorry I've been a bit absent since my part in the pass has come and gone, but I promise I have been diligently following along as time has allowed.

There's been great participation all over this pass from all, but Joebunga gets my vote.

*edited for grammar

Ditto. Joe gets my vote. He just seems to have a genuine excitement about cigars and this pass.

Joebunga is well deserving. Thank you Gavin for the contest.

I think Mr. Anderson is quite deserving; the discussions he's prompted and contributed to have really illuminated pass mechanics and such.

Thanks for the votes everyone. My vote has to go to Joe as well and not just because he voted for me either. I think he's been a key contributor to the discussions that have gone on with this pass.

On a side note I'm glad you guys feel like I'm adding something to the pass. For some reason I get the felling like I've been more a PITA than value added.

I think that clinches it for Joe with 9 votes out of 16 voters! Congratulations, sir!