• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Newbie Training Cigar Pass-- For February 07-

A list of people who will be in and a cap should be made. maybe 2 passes as it looks like a lot of intrest. Just my thoughts.

As much as I hate to, I think we have to close this pass. If it works out well we can start a second newbie pass. The list of participants presently stands with the following players:

1-defetis
2-smellysell
3-wanlail
4-nicktressler
5-burnt tongue
6-mmburtch
7-smoke river
8-cigar smokin chef
9-tomthirtysix
10-beaucredo
11-bilder
12-mdutch
13-poronico
14-satchmo
15- hopefully some experienced cp member

Please let me know if I missed you. Also, and this is important, please email me a good name and mailing address for priority mail packages to be delivered. I will start making labels and getting the necessary ingredients for the pass. As it will start next month, we have a little time.

I will explain in detail here what I am doing and how am preparing so I may have input from you and experienced members. Perhaps next week I will post a list of what the starting list of cigars will be so we can get some feed back on that. Let the games begin!!! :laugh: :cool:

Although this is your pass, it it typical to post most current infor (eg. the pass list, cigars, etc) on the first page so members have 1 location to reference the pass info.

Just my .02

Although this is your pass, it it typical to post most current infor (eg. the pass list, cigars, etc) on the first page so members have 1 location to reference the pass info.

Just my .02

tkoepp, please, keep on adding your .02!! We need all the advice and guidance from guys like you who have been there and done it!! In keeping with your suggestion, do I go back to my original post and edit it to add the information you have indicated??? Thanks for helping out!!!

Damn bunch of newbies .......

Okay Saxjazzman, if you need some assistance and need a frontman or middleman I'm in to help you guys out.

Take a look at the pass I am currently running for some ideas on Pass rules. You can also take a look at the way I've formatted the first page for easy reading, in a pass it is not against CP protocal for the host to edit his first post to update the pass information. I would suggest that you do the same and post the Pass Participants and Official List of Cigars on that first post.

David

Post your list of participants in your first post also..... Just copy, edit the first post, and paste the list....

Shane

I'ts always best to participate in a few passes before organizing your own.

Another thing to consider is setting the pass order geographically so it isn't bouncing across the country 12 times. I like the under $10 limit for a "training" pass.

Damn bunch of newbies .......

Okay Saxjazzman, if you need some assistance and need a frontman or middleman I'm in to help you guys out.

Take a look at the pass I am currently running for some ideas on Pass rules. You can also take a look at the way I've formatted the first page for easy reading, in a pass it is not against CP protocal for the host to edit his first post to update the pass information. I would suggest that you do the same and post the Pass Participants and Official List of Cigars on that first post.

David

Thanks David. We not only look forward to the assistance but welcome it with open arms. I will be off line for the next 28 hours but will proceed to edit the front page as you have suggested. Again, thanks for helping a bunch of newbies get their feet wet. G-d bless and have a great weekend......

Another thing to consider is setting the pass order geographically so it isn't bouncing across the country 12 times. I like the under $10 limit for a "training" pass.

That is the way to go smellysell. In reading the threads of the past passes they did exactly what you suggested. Those guys did something cool I will not be able to do unless we have a computer guy in the pass. They posted a map of the US and the locations of all the stops and updated the map as the pass progressed. We will just have to use old fashion English!!

On this pass, I am in the East and I will send it all the way to the West, Alaska and the pass will work it self back to the East to me again. This will be a great learning experience for all of us. I hope to post in explicit detail everthing I am doing so we all can learn from this exciting event. You have a great weekend and keep your suggestions coming. That goes the same for all of you.

Good news!! We have a great experienced Cigar Pass member that has volunteered to helps us out. See the thread!! HOOOOOAAHHH!!!

Thanks NorCalCigarLover!!!!

looks fun. if you need some help with the cigars to start out with let me know

as being a contributer to your cause......i really hope i am not first on the pass

That is the way to go smellysell. In reading the threads of the past passes they did exactly what you suggested. Those guys did something cool I will not be able to do unless we have a computer guy in the pass. They posted a map of the US and the locations of all the stops and updated the map as the pass progressed. We will just have to use old fashion English!!

On this pass, I am in the East and I will send it all the way to the West, Alaska and the pass will work it self back to the East to me again. This will be a great learning experience for all of us. I hope to post in explicit detail everthing I am doing so we all can learn from this exciting event. You have a great weekend and keep your suggestions coming. That goes the same for all of you.

Good news!! We have a great experienced Cigar Pass member that has volunteered to helps us out. See the thread!! HOOOOOAAHHH!!!

Thanks NorCalCigarLover!!!!

PM Sent

To All participants,

Please go to first thread to see the pass list. Make sure you email me a good name and address that will receive priority shipping. Also, we will start this sometime in February so note your calendars and see if there are any dates you will not be around. That will help in determining when we kick this off. I thank you all for joining. I think we will learn a lot and have a lot of fun!! I just want to thank NorCalCigarLover for being our guardian angel for this pass!!

I think its a great idea, Sax. I doubt you'll have trouble finding mentors. I've actually only done one pass, hosted by ggiese. It was well organized and I learned a ton. For those who have never participated, go back and read through a few.

First advice from me (Sax) is to get registered on USPS Click-n-ship. First thing George did on the pass I was in was to print the shipping address labels for each participant and put them in the box, in order. All I had to do was stick the label on the box and pay the postage. Ba-da-bing!

The actual box (a USPS supplied Priority Mail containg) was worn out by the time it got to me, so I replaced it. You might arrange for box replacement about every 4th stop. The cigar container was a very rugged Tupperware. The cigars were cushioned inside the tupper and the tupper was cushioned inside the USPS box.

I wouldn't print the labels ahead of time because some people may want to print their own PREPAID shipping label. Also too, sometimes the order changes or a person drops out.

No need to make specific arrangements for the replacement of the box. I've seen boxes go for an entire pass of 14+ people and do just fine and I've heard of boxes getting trashed out of the blue, it happens.

sounds really cool, i'd be interested in joining if theres spots open. don't forget the insurance on the box? and D/C number

DO NOT waste your money on "insurance." Odds are you will never collect one dollar from the USPS since you need receipts.

Delivery Confirmation is good and if you use UPS or FedEx, they have a tracking system which is better.

I would recommend not having too many people in the pass, probably no more than 15 and definitely no more than 20. Too much of a chance for the cigars to get trashed with all those stops, traveling, etc.

Oh, one more thing, organize pass order geographically. ;)