• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Newbie Training Cigar Pass-- For February 07-

I have a pair of desktops. One 50 ct from Thompson, which was my first humidor ever. Grew out of that one after a couple years, and picked up a 150 Ct CAO Black Humidor. CI had a special on the 'dor for like $35 if you bought a box of CAO Black. Being that the humidor by itself was at least $100, I figured it was as good a time as any to upgrade. Now, the "good" stcks sit in there, and my regular ones go in the small box.

I'm slowly realizing that even this isn't enough, and a friend of mine that I usually split my buys with just bought another desktop, and that one is going to be used for some of my overflow.

In reading this post, and with overflow the way it is in our hobby, you may want to consider in getting a coolidor. The good think about one is that you can set it up almost in one day; a trip to Wal Mart for the coolidor and a trip to Pet Smart for the beads and Voila!! :cool:

Yeah, I'm going to have to do something soon. I'm going after this weekend to my local and renting out a box over there for some extra space. Then I'm going to look at maybe making one out of an old cabinet, like some other guys down in the humidor forum have done.

Hi Guys,
Had a great trip to Florida, thanks for getting me in early. I was just wondering can I get back in my old slot??? LOL :whistling:

Mark

Hi Guys,
Had a great trip to Florida, thanks for getting me in early. I was just wondering can I get back in my old slot??? LOL :whistling:

Mark

Excuse me?? What exactlly do you mean??? We just sent you the box a couple of days ago with the 20 Opus Xs, 10 ISOMs, and a couple of duds like Grayclift and Tats. Are you saying you did not get it?? I don't like the sound of this Cigar Smokin Chef!! :rolleyes:

ed; DC # 1234-5678-9012-345 It went to you in Florida!! :whistling:

Hi Guys,

Mark

Excuse me?? What exactlly do you mean??? We just sent you the box a couple of days ago with the 20 Opus Xs, 10 ISOMs, and a couple of duds like Grayclift and Tats. Are you saying you did not get it?? I don't like the sound of this Cigar Smokin Chef!! :rolleyes:

hahahaha. oh well, maybe it'll detour somewhere else

Should I ship this tommorow?? even though he didn't confirm he is ready?

Hi Guys,

Mark

Dang the Post Office musta switched them all I got in that DC# was Grape White Owls and Moontrances :blush:

this will ship tomm to burnt t.

Hi Guys,

Mark

Dang the Post Office musta switched them all I got in that DC# was Grape White Owls and Moontrances :blush:

dc 03061070000122807232 there is a stowe away aboard as well BT make sure you find it and take it out it is a gift to you!!!!

dc 03061070000122807232 there is a stowe away aboard as well BT make sure you find it and take it out it is a gift to you!!!!

Just for the record of this thread, what was your final puts and takes? I want to mark it in the first thread!! Thanks for playing!! :thumbs:

Just for the record of this thread, what was your final puts and takes? I want to mark it in the first thread!! Thanks for playing!! :thumbs:

I put in the three as previously stated and added an Opus X Power Ranger as a gift for BT.

I put in the three as previously stated and added an Opus X Power Ranger as a gift for BT.

Wow! Power Ranger for me. Very nice! I have never had one of those, for that matter I have never even seen one! Thanks a lot Nick, I am really looking forward to getting that box. Maybe today, I will post when it arrives. Thanks again Nick!

they are one of my favrite opus i like the smaller ring auge let it sit for a while thought its from this years batch.

Wow! Power Ranger for me. Very nice! I have never had one of those, for that matter I have never even seen one! Thanks a lot Nick, I am really looking forward to getting that box. Maybe today, I will post when it arrives. Thanks again Nick!

they are one of my favrite opus i like the smaller ring auge let it sit for a while thought its from this years batch.

Thanks for playing and thanks again for your generosity!! :thumbs:

The box has arrived in good condition. The inventory is completed and everythig is as it should be, including the stowaway from Nick for me. Thanks again Nick!!!

Takes:

#6 Gurkha Perfecto, #1 from the host.
#72 Ashton VSG Enchantment from SmokeRiver.
#83 La Aurora Preferido #2 Corojo from Mdutch.

Thanks for the nice selection guys!!

Puts:
#90 Ashton Maximus Toro #4
#91 Tatuaje Cojonu 2006 Torp
#92 Arturo Fuente Reserve Extra Viejo Cedar Torp
#93 Padilla Habana Robusto
#94 Perdermo Lot 23 Torp

I hope this meets with everyones approval. I will post the tracking number tommorrow if there are no complaints with the puts and takes.

Thanks for letting me play along SJM, you did a nice job on the pass!

I just went to the list to put the lable on the box. Keep your head down and I now know what the 36 is! I will tell you when the box arrives!

Edited to add:

By the way there is a little something extra in there for you Tom, enjoy!!

The box has arrived in good condition. The inventory is completed and everythig is as it should be, including the stowaway from Nick for me. Thanks again Nick!!!

Takes:

#6 Gurkha Perfecto, #1 from the host.
#72 Ashton VSG Enchantment from SmokeRiver.
#83 La Aurora Preferido #2 Corojo from Mdutch.

Thanks for the nice selection guys!!

Puts:
#90 Ashton Maximus Toro #4
#91 Tatuaje Cojonu 2006 Torp
#92 Arturo Fuente Reserve Extra Viejo Cedar Torp
#93 Padilla Habana Robusto
#94 Perdermo Lot 23 Torp

I hope this meets with everyones approval. I will post the tracking number tommorrow if there are no complaints with the puts and takes.

Thanks for letting me play along SJM, you did a nice job on the pass!

They look great to me!! I see you are putting a Tat Cojonu, how do you like it? I particularly enjoy the Gran Cojonu 6x60. I have to take time for those puppies as it is a great smoke to top a meal and end a day to.

Thanks for playing and again for your generosity. I think we all had fun in this pass and learned a lot!! :cool:

Dear Gentlemen,

We are nearing the end of this great pass. Of course, I am just a newbie here at CP, but in my very humble opinion I think we did great!! The pass moved nicely along with no real hang ups except the weather when it was up North, we had our disagreements about puts and takes but we worked them out as the fine BOTLs we are, and the generosity!! What can I say about the generosity. You have all trully given more than you received, in the true spirit of what CP is all about and I thank you for that.

If it is not too much trouble and for historical record for other newbies to read, I would like to make a final request as host. If you could post your comments, recommendations, or observations about this pass, it may help another newbie to understand what went into it. It is sort of our way to pave the way for those coming after us. :cool:

Again, thanks for playing and will be looking forward to reading your comments, if any. :thumbs: