• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Newbie Training Cigar Pass-- For February 07-

Dear Gentlemen,

We are nearing the end of this great pass. Of course, I am just a newbie here at CP, but in my very humble opinion I think we did great!! The pass moved nicely along with no real hang ups except the weather when it was up North, we had our disagreements about puts and takes but we worked them out as the fine BOTLs we are, and the generosity!! What can I say about the generosity. You have all trully given more than you received, in the true spirit of what CP is all about and I thank you for that.

If it is not too much trouble and for historical record for other newbies to read, I would like to make a final request as host. If you could post your comments, recommendations, or observations about this pass, it may help another newbie to understand what went into it. It is sort of our way to pave the way for those coming after us. :cool:

Again, thanks for playing and will be looking forward to reading your comments, if any. :thumbs:

I don't really have much to say other than thanks for getting this thing going. Too bad it had to end up with a Mets fan!

Funny thing to me is that my favorite of the cigars I put is the one that nobody took. Looks like you got a nice bunch of sticks Tom.

Wait a minute... surprize?
16) Tomthirtysix---NY --Surprize!!! :laugh:
17) Saxjazzman--NY [/b].......... End of Mission !!

???

I think that means its an empty box.... or that SJM got my case of white owls in to mail your way! You don't know how many gas stations I had to go to to get a case worth.....

I have to tell you Wanlail, that if you did not help out with the White Owls I would have been stuck!! :laugh:

I have a pair of desktops. One 50 ct from Thompson, which was my first humidor ever. Grew out of that one after a couple years, and picked up a 150 Ct CAO Black Humidor. CI had a special on the 'dor for like $35 if you bought a box of CAO Black. Being that the humidor by itself was at least $100, I figured it was as good a time as any to upgrade. Now, the "good" stcks sit in there, and my regular ones go in the small box.

I'm slowly realizing that even this isn't enough, and a friend of mine that I usually split my buys with just bought another desktop, and that one is going to be used for some of my overflow.

In reading this post, and with overflow the way it is in our hobby, you may want to consider in getting a coolidor. The good think about one is that you can set it up almost in one day; a trip to Wal Mart for the coolidor and a trip to Pet Smart for the beads and Voila!! :cool:

Tom, you may want to head out to Wal Mart tomorrow!! :whistling: I heard they are having a sale on coolidors. :laugh:

ed;sp

I have a pair of desktops. One 50 ct from Thompson, which was my first humidor ever. Grew out of that one after a couple years, and picked up a 150 Ct CAO Black Humidor. CI had a special on the 'dor for like $35 if you bought a box of CAO Black. Being that the humidor by itself was at least $100, I figured it was as good a time as any to upgrade. Now, the "good" stcks sit in there, and my regular ones go in the small box.

I'm slowly realizing that even this isn't enough, and a friend of mine that I usually split my buys with just bought another desktop, and that one is going to be used for some of my overflow.

In reading this post, and with overflow the way it is in our hobby, you may want to consider in getting a coolidor. The good think about one is that you can set it up almost in one day; a trip to Wal Mart for the coolidor and a trip to Pet Smart for the beads and Voila!! :cool:

Tom, you may want to head out to Wal Mart tomorrow!! :whistling: I heard they are having a sale on coolidors. :laugh:

ed;sp

I don't think he gets it yet :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:cool:

ed;sp

I don't think he gets it yet :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Oh, I get it now...

I just got back from the post office, mailing out the taxes. I walk upstairs, and my office mgr tells me there's a big box waiting for me. Good, the pass is here. My office is real laid back for the most part, so I figured I would take a few minutes, open her up, and check it all out.

So, right on top is the folder. Open it up, looking through the papers to see what's there... and there it is...

Tomthirtysix --- Last recipient, and this is a BOMB for you!! Smile!!!

Well, I did smile. And now I am truly humbled. SJM, you are out of your mind. And the rest of you people too, because all of your generosity helped blow up a building right across the street from the police dept. I really don't know what else to say.

As soon as the carnage settles, bombs will be launched. But SJM, one thing comes to mind here... revenge is a dish best served cold. And even though this NY weather would turn anything cold right away, I'm going to wait this one out. Take my time, do my research... And when you're in the middle of something else, and this event is tucked in the back of your head, almost out of sight, I will be repaying the efforts.

Wow... I just don't really know what else to say... maybe I'll come back tonight or something and be able to say some more to you guys.

Well, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Thanks SJM for putting this pass together and giving all of these newbs a chance to try their hands at a Pass. Your generosity is awesome!, and to the rest of you guys ..... :thumbs: GOOD JOB!

Now that is a big ass bomb!

Nice play gentlemen.

Glad I was able to join the pass. I thought everything went as smooth as possible for a new guy pass. Great batch of smokes that should keep Tom busy for awhile.

Thanks for letting me play SJM. I really learned alot by being part of this pass. Now I cant wait for the next one

Mark

I am also glad to have been a part of the pass. I think it went well and was a great experience. We should have another pass in like 2 yrs with the members who remain here at that time. I think that would be a really cool idea.

Well, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Thanks SJM for putting this pass together and giving all of these newbs a chance to try their hands at a Pass. Your generosity is awesome!, and to the rest of you guys ..... :thumbs: GOOD JOB!

NorCalCigarLover, that means a lot coming from you. We cannot thank you enough for helping us out and setting things strainght, particularly the repacking job you had to do after I sent you the initial mess. Hope to see you in another pass. :thumbs:

I am also glad to have been a part of the pass. I think it went well and was a great experience. We should have another pass in like 2 yrs with the members who remain here at that time. I think that would be a really cool idea.
That would be a great idea. May we be all well and healthy in two years so we can pull this off again. :cool: