• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

NFL talk

1. I don't follow a lot of NFC games and definately west coast games. What is all the negative talk about Jimmy G.? I assumed he did a pretty good job but they were pretty hard on him yesterday and stated that he is probably done in SF? @CMontoya79 Ceasar?

He hasn’t lived up to the expectations the 49ers or anyone else for that matter, thought he would after leaving NE. He’s a game manager, more than a leader on the field. Never had big games and more often than not, makes stupid/mental mistakes, that cost him the game. Just like the INT to end the game last night, that throw was unnecessary. Take the sack and try again, but I’m just a Monday morning QB.

Trey Lance will be the starter next year.

1. I don't follow a lot of NFC games and definately west coast games. What is all the negative talk about Jimmy G.? I assumed he did a pretty good job but they were pretty hard on him yesterday and stated that he is probably done in SF? @CMontoya79 Ceasar?
  2. The officiating was terrible yesterday! All during the season they called rediculous ticky tack stuff. yesterday they let numerous "flagrant" fouls go?
I thought maybe Jimmy G. Contract was up or something? I do know they drafted a qb so maybe they want to go in a different direction.

Right now there are a lot of teams unhappy with their qb, so now would be the perfect time for him to look around.
Maybe they got their eye on a certain QB that played HS and College in Cali and they are putting feelers out. Rodgers to the Bay? The old "If you can't beat them join them".

He hasn’t lived up to the expectations the 49ers or anyone else for that matter, thought he would after leaving NE. He’s a game manager, more than a leader on the field. Never had big games and more often than not, makes stupid/mental mistakes, that cost him the game. Just like the INT to end the game last night, that throw was unnecessary. Take the sack and try again, but I’m just a Monday morning QB.

Trey Lance will be the starter next year.
That's exactly it. First year with SF Jilly G was looking like the second coming of Joe Montana but has fizzled due to the above and injuries. He's just not the leader.

Reading a lot of sportswriters saying that LAR is the superior team vs CIN. On paper, yes, but they are a bit banged up, not sure how they are going to be after two weeks rest/practice. CIN seems to be banging on all cylinder just a little bit more right now. I'll take the +4 and ML

Jimmy G played well enough to win. He just threw a pick instead of taking the sack. Plenty of QB do the same thing.

Dang near an instant replay of Kyler Murray vs the Rams back in their last game.

NFL don't allow hotlinks, but it'll play if you click it.

2. The officiating was terrible yesterday! All during the season they called rediculous ticky tack stuff. yesterday they let numerous "flagrant" fouls go?
Jimmy G is done. He hasn’t been able to deliver when it counts. In SF it’s lombardi or bust.

His contract is up and Trey Lance has big potential.

Jimmy G did make the mistake on that last play. But he is not an elite QB like Tony mentioned. In all honesty the way they played in second half I doubt they would have scored on that drive anyway

And even though I had a 5 er on this game and lost, to me what was more disappointing was the last play of first half for Maholmes. Not sure if that was the coaches call or his but they should have went for an easy 3 being up already

The ONE positive I will note regarding the officiating this season... it seems like they're not calling block in the back penalties after every fucking punt. I never understood how that penalty was so arbitrarily called year after year... for decades!

Either make the penalty something that actually hurts, or stop calling them every other punt. I also believe Romo helped put an end to the insanity. You guys recall how much shit he was giving the league, last year especially, about the penalty and its absurdity? He was finally saying out loud, on air, what we've been yelling at our TVs for YEARS!

I also love a penalty that delays the game far longer than the fraction of a second it took to incur it. The guy's bent over in a 3 point stance about to rifle a football up his ass in front of millions... give him a second would ya?? 😲

Tom had a great career, but he does have an asterisk on his resume. Just like the PEDS baseball players. His had to do with cheating, Deflategate. He was suspended for four games. Plus his coach was involved in Spygate in which his team benefited, just saying. Let's not paint him as the second coming!

Tom had a great career, but he does have an asterisk on his resume. Just like the PEDS baseball players. His had to do with cheating, Deflategate. He was suspended for four games. Plus his coach was involved in Spygate in which his team benefited, just saying. Let's not paint him as the second coming!
Troy Polamalu, who Bill Cowher said was the most intelligent player he ever saw, said it was clear in several games, that the Patriots had the names of all of the Steelers plays. He said that the Patriots were yelling out the Steelers plays based on formation and the call made by the Steelers captains.

Isnt it odd that the guy who deflated Toms balls, has never been seen or heard from again. He disappeared before he could testify.

I'm sure he is on a beach somewhere spending his new found millions.

The suspension might have more merit of Goodell hadn't shown time and time again his suspensions were done completely on a whim. Almost like he spins a wheel to see what the punishment was.

There's also the fact that the whole deflated balls things was suspect at best, an idea that's backed by science. https://www.si.com/nfl/2016/10/04/tom-brady-deflategate-ideal-gas-law

Isnt it odd that the guy who deflated Toms balls, has never been seen or heard from again. He disappeared before he could testify.

I'm sure he is on a beach somewhere spending his new found millions.
Dammit…I swear i have never been to the beach!! *hides*

Didn't he have the assistant's name saved in his phone as "Deflator"?
I find deflating the footballs far less egregious than clandestinely infiltrating other teams classified material. I believe in taking every possible advantage but come on, this isn't war for Christ sake.

And amazingly enough, their only penalty was the loss of a draft pick.

Troy Polamalu, who Bill Cowher said was the most intelligent player he ever saw, said it was clear in several games, that the Patriots had the names of all of the Steelers plays. He said that the Patriots were yelling out the Steelers plays based on formation and the call made by the Steelers captains.
Donella needed arthroscopic surgery on her hip around the same time spygate was still a huge topic. The Northern Virginia surgeon (can’t remember his name) was the top Dr. for the Washington Redskins players. The subject came up somehow and he said several players gave him the impression that pretty much all teams were doing it, the NFL knew it, and wanted to put an end to it. They sent a message by making an example, taking down the king of the mountain to show that no one was exempt.