• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

NFL talk

Donella needed arthroscopic surgery on her hip around the same time spygate was still a huge topic. The Northern Virginia surgeon (can’t remember his name) was the top Dr. for the Washington Redskins players. The subject came up somehow and he said several players gave him the impression that pretty much all teams were doing it, the NFL knew it, and wanted to put an end to it. They sent a message by making an example, taking down the king of the mountain to show that no one was exempt.
Yeah, yeah, yeah. My cousin's brother-in-law's nephew (can't remember his name) told me that it's just a myth that Cuban cigars are counterfeited.:cool:

Yeah, yeah, yeah. My cousin's brother-in-law's nephew (can't remember his name) told me that it's just a myth that Cuban cigars are counterfeited.:cool:
You, of all people sir, should know that John Fields would never lie! :rolleyes: Ok, on a Wednesday! :confused: Ok, ok, on Feb 2nd! o_O Well shit, maybe he would lie, but never on the interweb!! 👌 Maybe never on CP?????? Ok, screw it. I'm just going with you know John Fields. That's an easier assertion! 👌

Floyd T

You, of all people sir, should know that John Fields would never lie! :rolleyes: Ok, on a Wednesday! :confused: Ok, ok, on Feb 2nd! o_O Well shit, maybe he would lie, but never on the interweb!! 👌 Maybe never on CP?????? Ok, screw it. I'm just going with you know John Fields. That's an easier assertion! 👌

Floyd T
Oh, I trust him with my life, but he could simply be wrong?;)

Interesting turn of events on coaching hires. NFL and Giants could be in a world of hurt. Seems Bill Belichik is now at the forefront of this issue.

Basically, what I was saying. Everyone did it, but NE got caught.
Agreed, 100%. With as much money that's made w/in the "NFL World", stealing(cheating) an edge is almost a given. With technology being what it is, I'm sure it's practically impossible to prevent. So, as said before, you make an example out of "Jesus", and the rest will follow suit(for a while). Point taken. Plus, I was joking about the lying, ya know.

Floyd T

Interesting turn of events on coaching hires. NFL and Giants could be in a world of hurt. Seems Bill Belichik is now at the forefront of this issue.
Read this yesterday! I guess BB sent a pre-mature text to Brian Flores congratulating him on the NY Head Coach job and then retracted it.

Flores is now suing the league for racism.

Read this yesterday! I guess BB sent a pre-mature text to Brian Flores congratulating him on the NY Head Coach job and then retracted it.

Flores is now suing the league for racism.
His “interview” was used to meet the Rooney Rule, was never a serious consideration, as he received the text beforehand, which is too bad as he is a Brooklyn native and is more than qualified. This wasn’t the first time either, Elway and the Broncos did the same thing previously to coach Flores.

Story now is that BB's congratulatory text was meant for Brian Daboll and not Brian Flores.
Correct that means that he got the job before Flores interviewed, so the Giants were going through the motion to get by the Rooney Rule. That the league said it has no merit, shows you that the owners are the NFL and the commissioner is useless.

Just added this to state Flores will never coach in the NFL in the foreseeable future.

Correct that means that he got the job before Flores interviewed, so the Giants were going through the motion to get by the Rooney Rule. That the league said it has no merit, shows you that the owners are the NFL and the commissioner is useless.

Just added this to state Flores will never coach in the NFL in the foreseeable future.
Roger G. is the paid puppet for the 32 owners.

I just think the Rooney Rule does more harm than good honestly. I think we as a nationstill have a ways to go in regards to racism (especially the media), but teams should be able to pursue anyone based on qualifications. Not be forced to go through the motions and waste someone’s time out of forced obligation.

I just think the Rooney Rule does more harm than good honestly. I think we as a nationstill have a ways to go in regards to racism (especially the media), but teams should be able to pursue anyone based on qualifications. Not be forced to go through the motions and waste someone’s time out of forced obligation.
Not to mention because of this stupid rule, it might cost Flores a future job, where even though the Giants weren't interested, someone would have certainly hired him before this fiasco.

Yeah, it was 2 days before he interviewed with the Giants, so he went through the interview knowing they were going to hire Dabol. Rooney Rule would be great, if teams didn't already often go into hiring knowing who they want. Can't remember who it was, but one team recently couldn't even get a minority candidate to interview because they whole league already knew who they were going to hire.

Agreed that sadly Flores probably just assured he won't be getting another chance as a head coach any time soon, if ever.