• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

NFL talk

img_5773-jpg.51962

Attachments

• IMG_5773.jpg
    IMG_5773.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 70
The Rams ruined my hopes of the general public every seeing Stafford for what he is, an incredibly talented player with moments of greatness amongst constant bone head decidisions and wild inconsistencies. Who knew that a Super Bowl win where your team wins in spite of you and your 2 picks and multiple misses of wide open receivers assures your spot in the Hall of Fame...

I'll speak no further on the matter now that I got that out of my system! 😂

The Rams ruined my hopes of the general public every seeing Stafford for what he is, an incredibly talented player with moments of greatness amongst constant bone head decidisions and wild inconsistencies. Who knew that a Super Bowl win where your team wins in spite of you and your 2 picks and multiple misses of wide open receivers assures your spot in the Hall of Fame...

I'll speak no further on the matter now that I got that out of my system! 😂
Man! Stafford really peed in your Wheaties over the years didn't he?

I think your assessment is a bit biased. It may take a couple years to get the odor of Detroit off of him.

I don't know, seems like he had those miscues early in the game, but that final drive with him and Kupp was as close as many will get to a moment of greatness. Bengals defenders knew he was throwing to Kupp every down and still couldn't stop it. If not a moment of greatness, it'll do until one comes along.

Am I the only person who felt like the refs had the Rams.... The whole game they let the game play out and only called obvious, over the top stuff. Then the last 3 minutes of the game it felt like they were calling stuff that wasn't there or they weren't calling prior...

I don't know that Ramsey would agree with you, but that cluster of penalties against Cincy on the LA final goal line stand kinda took the shine off. The PI was bogus, but the helmet to helmet as a good call and even that was offset by a LA hold. End result was LA sure seemed to get a lot of shots from the goal line, maybe seemed worse since there hadn't been hardly any penalties up til then.

I don't know that Ramsey would agree with you, but that cluster of penalties against Cincy on the LA final goal line stand kinda took the shine off. The PI was bogus, but the helmet to helmet as a good call and even that was offset by a LA hold. End result was LA sure seemed to get a lot of shots from the goal line, maybe seemed worse since there hadn't been hardly any penalties up til then.
Yeah that's what I getting at. They really let the game play out until the Rams were driving to score. Every time they didn't score there was a penalty to make sure they got another shot. I agree there were some legit penalty's there, but it felt off..

I had company so I couldn't watch the game close enough to evaluate one-sided officiating.

But I know one thing was rather disgusting, the game was a totally different level of officiating than you see in the regular season and I think that is BS.

Refs were trying to make up for the missed face mask call.

TBH, the Bengals got away with way more than what they got called for. They were holding on every play. Hell they wouldn't have even been in position to win, if not for a blatant offensive PA/facemask that wasn't called.

TBH, the Bengals got away with way more than what they got called for. They were holding on every play. Hell they wouldn't have even been in position to win, if not for a blatant offensive PA/facemask that wasn't called.
I agree that there were a lot of no calls on both sides for most of the game. It just felt "strange" with all the penalty's during that last drive.

Don't get me wrong, the reason the Bangles lost is because their O line couldn't stop ANYTHING. It looked like a herd of fat ladies rushing the buffet on cheat day... Their line just stepped aside...

Yeah that's what I getting at. They really let the game play out until the Rams were driving to score. Every time they didn't score there was a penalty to make sure they got another shot. I agree there were some legit penalty's there, but it felt off..

Well, the important part was that LA scored and made the PAT, thus securing me a cab of H. Upmanns! :D