• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

NFL talk

The Browns gave up two draft picks to take on an average receiver for 20 million dollars per year.šŸ„“

At what point do you say fuck it and just flip a coin? There's "off field stuff" and then there's Watson off field stuff. He's got what, a couple dozen civil suits yet.. that'll take your age from 26 to 36 real quick. How do you coach to that?

That ain't beating on your boy with a switch or dog fights.. where you sit out a few games, quick plea, cash for the court/DA and an org (PETA w/ Vick), and a mea culpa to the fans. That's not gonna be on your mind like all these cases the women are promising to see through.

Also, I've watched Stafford his entire career and I think the stars did align. Like I said earlier, those easy W's against Detroit each year honestly gets old. My family is from Detroit. I had to go to Michigan a couple months ago, everyone knows Dan is the Packer fan and "owner".. so there's always trash talk.

But this year.. dejected. To watch your now former qb up and go all the way to the big show.. and they hadn't even made it yet when I was there. Who had Stafford preseason?

Anyone?

Brady is back.

Holy shit... I thought you guys were messing around... and then the news just popped up. I feel alright for a guy that's the same age as Brady.

But not NFL alright.

I'm gonna have to look into these Brazilian supermodels...

At what point do you say fuck it and just flip a coin? There's "off field stuff" and then there's Watson off field stuff. He's got what, a couple dozen civil suits yet.. that'll take your age from 26 to 36 real quick. How do you coach to that?

That ain't beating on your boy with a switch or dog fights.. where you sit out a few games, quick plea, cash for the court/DA and an org (PETA w/ Vick), and a mea culpa to the fans. That's not gonna be on your mind like all these cases the women are promising to see through.

Also, I've watched Stafford his entire career and I think the stars did align. Like I said earlier, those easy W's against Detroit each year honestly gets old. My family is from Detroit. I had to go to Michigan a couple months ago, everyone knows Dan is the Packer fan and "owner".. so there's always trash talk.

But this year.. dejected. To watch your now former qb up and go all the way to the big show.. and they hadn't even made it yet when I was there. Who had Stafford preseason?

Anyone?
But if you accept the fact that the square root of my zip code is 210.4115015868 it all makes sense.

Anyone?

What do you mean, ā€œpreseasonā€. As far as ffl goes I drafted him along with Rodgers and switched back and forth. But I almost traded Rodgers as well after that first gameā€¦thankfully I did not.

What do you mean, ā€œpreseasonā€. As far as ffl goes I drafted him along with Rodgers and switched back and forth. But I almost traded Rodgers as well after that first gameā€¦thankfully I did not.

Yeah, ffl... but any of the "pro" prognosticators too. Although, now it would seem they're too afraid of "jinxing" any tweeter followers so they put everybody over .500 and now look nervous to do even any day-of picks. Not all of course.. but it's this newfound fear of being canceled or getting canceled or whatever the term is.

Bradshaw will shout it out pregame, every game, all game. Which is why I can watch Terry. Even when he pretends to give his money away.

Good call on Rodgers. Man, that first game.. no kidding. And then we got a good look at Love when Aaron was benched.. that was scary after a quarter century of Favre and Rodgers.

And apparently he's back with the actress again. Or still.. idk..

After looking at the Amari Cooper trade a little deeper it blows my mind! He is the third highest paid WR in the NFL making $20M/year for the next three years. His production doesn't warrant that money, and he is getting up in age.

Brady had a career year, I guess he got tired of hanging with his family!

Steelers sign Trubisky.

I haven't fact checked it yet but I heard it from a pretty reliable source.

I'm pretty happy about this! I just watched a highlight reel, which always makes a guy look good, but here is what I saw that I like.
  1. Good mobility.
  2. Good arm strength.
  3. Goes through read progressions.

Last edited:
Steelers sign Trubisky.

I haven't fact checked it yet but I heard it from a pretty reliable source.

I'm pretty happy about this! I just watched a highlight reel, which always makes a guy look good, but here is what I saw that I like.
  1. Good mobility.
  2. Good arm strength.
  3. Goes through read progressions.
Do you even get disoriented from those rose colored lenses?

Do you even get disoriented from those rose colored lenses?
Although I think you are an intelligent football fan, I've learned to discount anything you say about the NFC North.

1. It's a step up from Mason Rudolph.
  2. It's only a two year deal, allowing them to draft his replacement.
  3. The guy has never seen stability in coaching.
  4. Although we don't know any terms yet, the Steelers seldom over-pay free agents.
  5. If it's anything to do with the NFC North, and you think it's bad, it's probably a good deal.:)

Although I think you are an intelligent football fan, I've learned to discount anything you say about the NFC North.

1. It's a step up from Mason Rudolph.
  2. It's only a two year deal, allowing them to draft his replacement.
  3. The guy has never seen stability in coaching.
  4. Although we don't know any terms yet, the Steelers seldom over-pay free agents.
  5. If it's anything to do with the NFC North, and you think it's bad, it's probably a good deal.:)
Wait, I thought Tomlin was terrible? Better than Rudolph? Can you set the bar a little lower?

I think Trubisky has gotten a bad rap, he's not as terrible as people make him out to be, he's had a decent record actually. I wouldn't want him as anything more than a backup though.

Trubisky will either get pulled for Rudolph after a couple games or all of a sudden have an injury.

For the Steelers I donā€™t like either choice. There is going to be some bad football played this yearā€¦this, Seattle, the Davis mills lead Texans, wentz in Washington, Iā€™m sure Iā€™m missing some too. Whoever is in Carolina?

Itā€™s too bad about Watson, as he was really fun to watch. I donā€™t know if the off field stuff is true but even if it isnā€™t, I donā€™t see any teams giving up a bunch of picks and money to take on that stigma of a guy that hasnā€™t played in a year.

Wait, I thought Tomlin was terrible? Better than Rudolph? Can you set the bar a little lower?

I think Trubisky has gotten a bad rap, he's not as terrible as people make him out to be, he's had a decent record actually. I wouldn't want him as anything more than a backup though.
Tomlin is a terrible head coach because he allows bad apples to be bigger than the team, he is the ultimate in stability however.

It doesn't matter who dropped the bar, it's on the ground. Like I said, he is an improvement over Rudolph, and the Steelers weren't going to get an elite QB in free agency or in this draft ...... so they took a step up for two years without breaking the bank.

It's like we posted last week, how do you know what someone is when the organization around him is dysfunctional? He will likely be the backup in 2023 or 2024.

Unless they're paying him big money, it's a good deal given where the Steelers are right now.

Tomlin is a terrible head coach because he allows bad apples to be bigger than the team, he is the ultimate in stability however.

It doesn't matter who dropped the bar, it's on the ground. Like I said, he is an improvement over Rudolph, and the Steelers weren't going to get an elite QB in free agency or in this draft ...... so they took a step up for two years without breaking the bank.

It's like we posted last week, how do you know what someone is when the organization around him is dysfunctional? He will likely be the backup in 2023 or 2024.

Unless they're paying him big money, it's a good deal given where the Steelers are right now.
I never said it wasn't a good deal, you assessment seems a bit lofty though! šŸ˜‚

@{tpc} , based upon the history of the NFL, I'll be shocked if someone doesn't give Watson a shot, personally. Top 5 QB before all this came out, and still young. NFL doesn't really care about their players character, despite what they try to display, it all about winning and $$$.

Trubisky will either get pulled for Rudolph after a couple games or all of a sudden have an injury.

For the Steelers I donā€™t like either choice. There is going to be some bad football played this yearā€¦this, Seattle, the Davis mills lead Texans, wentz in Washington, Iā€™m sure Iā€™m missing some too. Whoever is in Carolina?

Itā€™s too bad about Watson, as he was really fun to watch. I donā€™t know if the off field stuff is true but even if it isnā€™t, I donā€™t see any teams giving up a bunch of picks and money to take on that stigma of a guy that hasnā€™t played in a year.
I don't think Trubisky is "that" bad.

Running QB's don't win championships, there is too much smoke for there to be no fire.

I won't be surprised if someone gives up the farm for him because desperation drives more than a few teams, and the NFL turns a blind eye to bad people, as long as they produce.

I never said it wasn't a good deal, you assessment seems a bit lofty though! šŸ˜‚

@{tpc} , based upon the history of the NFL, I'll be shocked if someone doesn't give Watson a shot, personally. Top 5 QB before all this came out, and still young. NFL doesn't really care about their players character, despite what they try to display, it all about winning and $$$.
I'll admit, I have never watched much of him because he was in the NFC. But you can't deny any of the three attributes I listed can you?

I'll admit, I have never watched much of him because he was in the NFC. But you can't deny any of the three attributes I listed can you?

Not sure about 2 honestly, but it isn't above carafe for an NFL QB as far as I know.

ETA: accuracy is a huge problem too