• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

NFL talk

Wilson move is bigger news than Rodgers imo. I don’t think it will be a waste Brandon, they have almost all the pieces to make a legit run…again.

Of course once tb12 goes to SF…all bets are off :(

Wilson move is bigger news than Rodgers imo. I don’t think it will be a waste Brandon, they have almost all the pieces to make a legit run…again.

Of course once tb12 goes to SF…all bets are off :(

Agreed on the Wilson move. I’m glad he got out of Seattle. Huge move on the Broncos part and improves their chances of keeping up/winning that AFC division.

Though I'm not sold that Wilson is still an upper echelon QB at this point, he's definitely a huge improvement over what they had, and maybe the elite QB is still in there somewhere. I'm happy as a Jeudy dynasty owner for sure.

The real question is. Will there still be such things as “12’s” after this?

Per Schefty: Carson Wentz

Trade terms, per sources…
Colts get:
🏈2022 third-round pick
🏈2023 third-round pick that can become a second if Carson Wentz plays 70 percent of plays.
🏈2022 second-round pick
Commanders get:
🏈QB Carson Wentz
🏈2022 second-round pick.

Colts get:
🏈2022 third-round pick
🏈2023 third-round pick that can become a second if Carson Wentz plays 70 percent of plays.
🏈2022 second-round pick
Commanders get:
🏈QB Carson Wentz
🏈2022 second-round pick.
Poor Fitzmagic

Colts get:
🏈2022 third-round pick
🏈2022 second-round pick
Commanders get:
🏈QB Carson Wentz
🏈2022 second-round pick.
I know 3 NFC East teams that loves this trade! 😂

Big win for my Colts. Commandos took the whole dick contract!
We talked about this a little on the V HERF last night. How do you know what a QB really is when he has had a different coach/system nearly every year?

I think there is a lot of talent destroyed by musical chairs coaching. For example, Cleveland picked a QB in the top five picks for 12 years in a row, you can't tell me that there was never a great QB in that lineage.

Not saying Wentz is elite but I don't think we will ever know if he was any good at all.

Last edited:
We talked about this a little on the V HERF last night. How do you know what a QB really is when he has had a different coach/system nearly every year?

I think there is a lot of talent destroyed by musical chairs coaching. For example, Cleveland picked a QB in the top five picks for 12 years in a row, you can't tell me that there was never a great QB in that lineage.

Not saying Wentz is elite but I don't think we will ever know if he was any good at all.
I'm not sure there was a great qb in that lineage....too bad i wasn't on last night to debate this with you.

😁😁😁

Its not like they drafted unknowns, they drafted QBs who were considered top prospects. I look for a common denominator when things dont make sense. The common denominator is a dysfunctional organization.

😁😁😁

Its not like they drafted unknowns, they drafted QBs who were considered top prospects. I look for a common denominator when things dont make sense. The common denominator is a dysfunctional organization.
Exactly, just look at my team the Jets. Extreme dysfunction, tons of picks in the draft, gets top QB prospects and they all look like duds.

Exactly, just look at my team the Jets. Extreme dysfunction, tons of picks in the draft, gets top QB prospects and they all look like duds.
To me, the analogy is like this: You can put the best race car engine in the world into your race car, but if the drive train is busted, the tires are flat, the driver is drunk, and the pit crew has never worked as a pit crew before, you will never have a clue what that engine is capable of.

I don't know anything about the Jets other than the obvious but here in the Cleveland area, I believe the fans and the media are partially to blame. The fans and media expect a draft pick to fix a dysfunctional organization overnight and when it doesn't they call for the coaches head. The fans here still have no clue that to be successful in the NFL you need quality at all six of these positions. The only one of these that the Browns get a average, or above, grade is talent, the rest is somewhere between garbage and unknown. And because the Browns finally have some talent, everyone thinks they are a powerhouse, we saw this year what dysfunction can do to talent.
  1. Ownership
  2. Management
  3. Coaching
  4. Culture
  5. Leadership
  6. On field talent.

For the Jets? They'd probably make him a long snapper.
Or a punter for the Loins. Hard to say what's more at fault, the talent evaluators or the situation, but I tend to agree that at least some of the busts would be decent at worst in a different situation.

Or a punter for the Loins. Hard to say what's more at fault, the talent evaluators or the situation, but I tend to agree that at least some of the busts would be decent at worst in a different situation.
It almost has to be true? Unless you are drafting a QB that nobody had rated as a first round pick, you are almost guaranteed to get a superstar when you get to pick in the top 10 every year for 20 years. It's almost mathematically impossible that every one of them was a bum?

It almost has to be true? Unless you are drafting a QB that nobody had rated as a first round pick, you are almost guaranteed to get a superstar when you get to pick in the top 10 every year for 20 years. It's almost mathematically impossible that every one of them was a bum?
Agreed, the failure rate of first round picks is extremely high though, so maybe not as much as we'd think?

Regardless, the Browns are terrible is a well known fact. Better debate would be who is worse between them and the Loins the last 70 years?