• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

NFL talk

I can understand the apprehension about taking on Baker right now. I'm sure the moment the Browns have to start shelling out the money for roster bonuses or whatever else, he will get cut loose. I would guess he is going to clear waivers at that point and then someone like the panthers (who have said they weren't interested) will sign him to a much lesser prove it type contract. The biggest question in my mind is how well will he come back from that surgery. He wasn't great before it, so hopefully it has no extra negative effects.

I guess what I am saying here, despite all the negative press and the "no team is calling looking for him" stuff, he is probably still better than quite a few QB's out there. At the very least he should get a backup job somewhere with a chance to compete for a starting spot.

The most interesting thing on my feed this morning was talk of OBJ and Landry coming back to Cleveland because watson is there. But I've also heard of Fuller showing up there too. Again, questions arise on watson possible suspension, and whether or not sitting for a year has formed a layer of rust on his skills. The fact that cleveland was willing to take on the negative press and spend all that money and draft picks leads me to believe he still has the skills. I would assume he worked out for them, because if he did not, then the front office of cleveland takes the reigns from the loins as dumbest in the nfl. Though I am somewhat impressed with what the loins have done so far in the off season.

I also keep seeing malik willis to the lions.....all over the place. I feel he is over hyped, and I am on the fence on whether or not over teams in the league are trying to lead the lions into a trap by taking him. I'm not a goff fan either, but I'd rather pay hutchenson or that other guy (name escapes me) the money that a #2 pick gets or trade out of the pick completely than to take the qb so high. Let atlanta trade up to 1 to get him...
Since his contract is guaranteed, the Browns will wait to see if anyone picks him up and, if not, they will cut him and eat the money. What I don't understand is something I read where they will "rollover" that money so it won't hurt them as much. What does that mean?

I think it's pretty well known throughout the league that Mayfield is very immature and he, and his wife, can't keep their mouths shut on social media. Another damning issue for him is that none of his former teammates are coming to his rescue. Some former QB's have said that his injury should not have greatly affected his performance since it was the non-throwing shoulder and his problem was bad decision making. He seems to be a spoiled brat who thinks he is elite when he is average, and after 4 years in the league, that's a mess!

Watson didn't work out for them, they just flew down to meet with him. I think his athletic ability is universally accepted.

All indications I have read put Willis and Pickett as the top two QB's in the draft but they are projected to be mid 1st round picks.

Until running QB's start to consistently win playoff games and Super Bowls, I wouldn't want one.

On another note, Aaron Rodgers has to be a little upset, of course he's always a little upset. He bases his 2022 decisions on Davante Adams, resigns with GB, and then Adams leaves!

On another note, Aaron Rodgers has to be a little upset, of course he's always a little upset. He bases his 2022 decisions on Davante Adams, resigns with GB, and then Adams leaves!
I heard he was told before signing his deal that it would mean they couldn't afford Adams. I'd hope their front office was smart enough that this is true.

Ya know if he was told beforehand that his deal was going to hurt adams, it’s no wonder adams left. I would bet he has some choice things to say about him now as well, though he seems to be biting his tongue.

Ya know if he was told beforehand that his deal was going to hurt adams, it’s no wonder adams left. I would bet he has some choice things to say about him now as well, though he seems to be biting his tongue.

I keep going back and forth in my head, about that. Lots of players redo their contracts, so the team can keep and even get players. Yet Rodgers wanted to be the highest paid QB, jeopardizing the team? I’ve read several articles that said he knew that Adams wasn’t going to resign with the Packers. Benefit of the doubt given, he had to have talked with Devantae about it and signed because Tae wasn’t coming back/signing the franchise tag. Hell, I don’t know. Maybe I’m just naive. Maybe he said F it, I still want my money. These players are humans and we’re greedy. I think what Rodgers did, will be detrimental to the team. IMHO. We’ll see.

I do hope that Tae is being honest and not biting his tongue. If he’s not saying everything out in the open, he’s a better man than I’d be, but they both got what they wanted out of it. He has has been a Raiders fan, since he was a kid, so it makes a little more sense.

Will #17 still be the first WR taken in Fantasy, now that he’s hooked up with Carr? What will it do to Waller and Renfrow’s numbers? Are we going to see Josh Jacob’s(Tulsa kid) numbers be affected too?

I keep going back and forth in my head, about that. Lots of players redo their contracts, so the team can keep and even get players. Yet Rodgers wanted to be the highest paid QB, jeopardizing the team? I’ve read several articles that said he knew that Adams wasn’t going to resign with the Packers. Benefit of the doubt given, he had to have talked with Devantae about it and signed because Tae wasn’t coming back/signing the franchise tag. Hell, I don’t know. Maybe I’m just naive. Maybe he said F it, I still want my money. These players are humans and we’re greedy. I think what Rodgers did, will be detrimental to the team. IMHO. We’ll see.

I do hope that Tae is being honest and not biting his tongue. If he’s not saying everything out in the open, he’s a better man than I’d be, but they both got what they wanted out of it. He has has been a Raiders fan, since he was a kid, so it makes a little more sense.

Will #17 still be the first WR taken in Fantasy, now that he’s hooked up with Carr? What will it do to Waller and Renfrow’s numbers? Are we going to see Josh Jacob’s(Tulsa kid) numbers be affected too?
After hearing what Cleveland did with Watson, I am beginning to believe that the salary cap is a myth. Teams can restructure any time they want and make 99% of a players money be in the form of a signing bonus, like the Browns did with Watson. I remember every single year with Big Ben, there was panic over the impact his salary had on the cap, potentially limiting the Steelers. And every year, they just played the game of restructuring someone deal and viola, no more salary cap issues.

After hearing what Cleveland did with Watson, I am beginning to believe that the salary cap is a myth. Teams can restructure any time they want and make 99% of a players money be in the form of a signing bonus, like the Browns did with Watson. I remember every single year with Big Ben, there was panic over the impact his salary had on the cap, potentially limiting the Steelers. And every year, they just played the game of restructuring someone deal and viola, no more salary cap issues.

Yep, not taught in any Finance class I had.

Ya, it’s probably more likely that Rodgers decided he still wanted the money if they were willing to pay it. Maybe he knew in advance adams would leave and decided that it would be the perfect out for him if they had a down year, but at least he gets paid all that cash.

Did you hear about tyreek hill yet? Dealt to Miami for like 5 draft picks or something?

This has been one of the most interesting off seasons in recent history.

Ya, it’s probably more likely that Rodgers decided he still wanted the money if they were willing to pay it. Maybe he knew in advance adams would leave and decided that it would be the perfect out for him if they had a down year, but at least he gets paid all that cash.

Did you hear about tyreek hill yet? Dealt to Miami for like 5 draft picks or something?

Should have gone to Cleveland, would have fit right in with Hunt and Watson.

I read that he asked for a trade and that doesn't make sense. Is there something behind the scenes?

I read that he asked for a trade and that doesn't make sense. Is there something behind the scenes?
With hill? Cap space and money I think is the issue. They get 3 picks this year and 2 next, and free up the money and not have to over the top pay him? Kinda made sense to me.

They will miss him though. Entire offense takes a hit with him gone. From a real and fantasy perspective. The only one that goes up is Miami qbs…but I’m not certain he fits in perfectly there either.

With hill? Cap space and money I think is the issue. They get 3 picks this year and 2 next, and free up the money and not have to over the top pay him? Kinda made sense to me.

They will miss him though. Entire offense takes a hit with him gone. From a real and fantasy perspective. The only one that goes up is Miami qbs…but I’m not certain he fits in perfectly there either.
I was wondering why he would ask for a trade though?

He wanted more money than Adams. Chiefs told him look somewhere else for it. Miami is better than NJ in every way except the person getting him the ball.

He wanted more money than Adams. Chiefs told him look somewhere else for it. Miami is better than NJ in every way except the person getting him the ball.
That makes sense!

Does NJ have a football team?

Man, what a change of scenery for him. I loved watching him in KC and he was/is a game changer, but he’s going to have a hard time being that same player in Miami. I think the Chiefs got the better end of the deal, on this one.

Is it over yet? LOL. Wondering who and what teams can top these past few moves.

I wonder if this suspect draft class is the reason?

Or is it a change in salary cap?

Man, what a change of scenery for him. I loved watching him in KC and he was/is a game changer, but he’s going to have a hard time being that same player in Miami. I think the Chiefs got the better end of the deal, on this one.

Is it over yet? LOL. Wondering who and what teams can top these past few moves.
I think it’s going to take a lot to top these past few moves. Think Jonathan Taylor or cmc type player trade.

QB's in the draft.

It has been said that this draft is weak in general but particularly at QB. Most talking heads have the top QB's Willis, Corral, Pickett, Howell, Strong, and Ridder ranked from the middle to late first round into the third round. Every one of them has weaknesses but based on the importance of an elite QB, I believe a lot of teams will reach and snatch a few up early.

Only three of them, Strong, Ridder and Pickett the preferred size, the rest are short. Pickett has very small hands but appears the be the most likely to transform to the NFL style. Running QB's simply don't win against playoff teams in the NFL, so it should be interesting to see what happens.