• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

NFL talk

Lions on hard knocks…what is the world coming to? Hopefully it was better than the cowboys ones…they were replaying this weekend and I watched some here and there…was boring lol.

The overtime mess is being discussed again as we type. I have a suggestion that eliminates all the discussion, and adds excitement to the game.

Eliminate overtime!
  1. Imagine how exciting the last few minutes of games would be when they know there is no overtime?
  2. No more ties.
  3. No more pre-empting of the following TV game.

I know that money is the "only" consideration for anything the NFL does but I don't think this would interfere with the money; and it would save the money they spend every year to get the committee together to discuss the overtime mess.

The overtime mess is being discussed again as we type. I have a suggestion that eliminates all the discussion, and adds excitement to the game.

Eliminate overtime!
  1. Imagine how exciting the last few minutes of games would be when they know there is no overtime?
  2. No more ties.
  3. No more pre-empting of the following TV game.

I know that money is the "only" consideration for anything the NFL does but I don't think this would interfere with the money; and it would save the money they spend every year to get the committee together to discuss the overtime mess.
You lost me there, what do they do if it's tied at the end of regulation then?

Lions on hard knocks…what is the world coming to? Hopefully it was better than the cowboys ones…they were replaying this weekend and I watched some here and there…was boring lol.

If you have HBO you should have access to past seasons. The 2015 Texans HK was far and away the best one yet. JJ Watt is just a beast and watching him on that season will bring about a newfound respect for the guy.. even if you were already a fan going in.

If I had to route for a team other than gb to go to the Big Show.. it would be whatever team JJ is on that year.

I mean, he said no more ties...

No thanks on more ties being the solution, personally.
The owners have agreed, yet again, to change the overtime rule.

This time, it's just for the postseason.

Most of us bust balls, correct each other, and even disagree sometimes.

You have a tendency to jump into something you haven't been a part of and sling insults and bait arguments.

You may want to grow up a little👍
You've been giving quite a bit of advice lately! Good on you. Surprised you didn't make a list of grievances.

I mean, he said no more ties...

No thanks on more ties being the solution, personally.
I dont know if it would produce more ties. I think teams would fight to win because they knew there is no second chance.

One thing is for sure, it would eliminate the dreaded overtime.

You got an early start on the drinking today, eh?
Dont be a dick! We've had enough of that in this thread.😁

Do you think teams would settle for a tie if they knew there was no OT?

I think you may be the one drinking early!

IMHO, just do away with the "first team scoring a touchdown ends it" rule. I don't care if it's just a single OT period after that and it still ends in a tie, or as many OT periods as it takes for a win, but for a team to not even get to possess the ball in OT is BS.

Dont be a dick! We've had enough of that in this thread.😁

Do you think teams would settle for a tie if they knew there was no OT?

I think you may be the one drinking early!
Sometimes it’s not a matter of choice. Sure, most frequently it’s a “kick the field goal for OT instead of going for the TD and win” situation. But say one team missed a PAT earlier in the game and regulation finishes in a tie. How do you determine the winner?

Sometimes it’s not a matter of choice. Sure, most frequently it’s a “kick the field goal for OT instead of going for the TD and win” situation. But say one team missed a PAT earlier in the game and regulation finishes in a tie. How do you determine the winner?
Obviously, if it ends in a tie then it's a tie. I just think that if the teams know there is no overtime they will do everything possible to win the game in regulation and it could produce some interesting final moments of games.

Nobody wants a tie, but I think over time is a bigger headache than ties.