• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

NFL talk

QB's in the draft.

It has been said that this draft is weak in general but particularly at QB. Most talking heads have the top QB's Willis, Corral, Pickett, Howell, Strong, and Ridder ranked from the middle to late first round into the third round. Every one of them has weaknesses but based on the importance of an elite QB, I believe a lot of teams will reach and snatch a few up early.

Only three of them, Strong, Ridder and Pickett the preferred size, the rest are short. Pickett has very small hands but appears the be the most likely to transform to the NFL style. Running QB's simply don't win against playoff teams in the NFL, so it should be interesting to see what happens.
One thing that proves true year after year, teams will teach for quarterbacks.

QB's in the draft.

It has been said that this draft is weak in general but particularly at QB. Most talking heads have the top QB's Willis, Corral, Pickett, Howell, Strong, and Ridder ranked from the middle to late first round into the third round. Every one of them has weaknesses but based on the importance of an elite QB, I believe a lot of teams will reach and snatch a few up early.

Only three of them, Strong, Ridder and Pickett the preferred size, the rest are short. Pickett has very small hands but appears the be the most likely to transform to the NFL style. Running QB's simply don't win against playoff teams in the NFL, so it should be interesting to see what happens.
So basically there will be at least two HOF QB's come from this class. LOL

Maybe with a little pressure, Rodgers won't win MVP but will show up in the playoffs?

We can only hope. Hell, give me Rodgers with 45 TDs, 15 INTs and an SB ring! Tired of all the MVPs and not doing shit in the playoffs.

The problem for gb will be the lack of anyone resembling a #1 receiver. Of course trades can still be made…just not sure where to look now.

No #1wr equals teams applying more blitzes and pressure on Rodgers. Then he gets frustrated with the o-line and or they get hurt…and it’s downhill from there.

I’d like to see Lockett come over. Still not a true #1…more like a 1a but I think everyone wants dk. I don’t like dk…obviously lol. There was some reason he was in the doghouse last year…

Just watched the Deshaun Watson presser and there are a couple things that jumped out at me.
  1. He was VERY well coached on what to say.
  2. It was pointed out after the conference that the NFL will not act until all of the 22 investigations are completed. This means that he may not get suspended until next year. This means that the contract the Browns gave him which pays his salary for 2022 in the form of signing bonus may back fire on them.
  3. He repeatedly said, "I have never assaulted, or disrespected anyone, that is not in my DNA, and it not how my mother and my auntie raised me". I kept waiting for someone to ten say "so you're saying we can go back and investigate your entire life and we will never find any previous issues?" But nobody did!
  4. There was virtually no discussion about football.😁

I had some windshield time yesterday and Sirius XM had the QB draft review which was interesting. They had six or eight respected people review each of the QB prospects. Charlie Weiss, Jim Miller, Todd Haley, Bruce Gradkowski, Rich Gannon, etc.

There wasn't one guy who they said was worthy of early first round. Other than Pickett, they were all a work in progress and graded as late first round to third round picks.

Should be interesting.

The problem for gb will be the lack of anyone resembling a #1 receiver. Of course trades can still be made…just not sure where to look now.

The MVS deal was something I didn't think would happen. The only solace I'm starting to have is that they HAD to have promised Aaron a new Adams in some kind of way. But then where's the cash now?

Does anyone know if the NFL allows deferred salaries like MLB does (eg, Bobby Bonilla)?

I wonder just how big of a distraction it is?
I think the Rams were on it last year, but don't quote me. Guess it probably depends on the leadership of the team, could definitely be a distraction if it isn't managed properly.