• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

NFL talk

I heard an interesting comment on GMF. They are saying that the owners don't want their players to play extra during the season fearing injury. My take is then why add a 17th game. Talk about greed, everyone makes more money, we as fans pay the freight. All team sports are about the rich getting richer.

A former Pittsburgh Steeler running back made the comment that NFL owners are like the Romans and the players are the Gladiators. He took some abuse for the comment but the bottom line is he was correct.

I heard an interesting comment on GMF. They are saying that the owners don't want their players to play extra during the season fearing injury. My take is then why add a 17th game. Talk about greed, everyone makes more money, we as fans pay the freight. All team sports are about the rich getting richer.
Probably more to do with the players playing extra downs and possibly meeting goals in their contracts, costing owners more money.

Not sure exactly where we are in this thread, but I blame myself for not being around the forums here for a couple days…but hey I did make the Wednesday vherf!

I think ties, especially those in the nfl are dumb. Probably the most boring thing the nfl could have done is let teams play to a tie. For a league that seems to tout how exciting it is to watch, this is the biggest let down that could happen.

On top of that, they can’t do it in the postseason, so why they let it happen regular season I do not know. Changing to allow both teams the chance at a possession was surely the right way to go.

If you look at the fantasy implications, most leagues I’m in use fractional numbers as a way to eliminate ties. They sometimes still happen though, and we don’t have any way to really control it. Why do we do this? Because ties suck! Lol

Not sure exactly where we are in this thread, but I blame myself for not being around the forums here for a couple days…but hey I did make the Wednesday vherf!

I think ties, especially those in the nfl are dumb. Probably the most boring thing the nfl could have done is let teams play to a tie. For a league that seems to tout how exciting it is to watch, this is the biggest let down that could happen.

On top of that, they can’t do it in the postseason, so why they let it happen regular season I do not know. Changing to allow both teams the chance at a possession was surely the right way to go.

If you look at the fantasy implications, most leagues I’m in use fractional numbers as a way to eliminate ties. They sometimes still happen though, and we don’t have any way to really control it. Why do we do this? Because ties suck! Lol

I can see the MLB doing ties, over a 162 game season, before the NFL would ever allow a tie over a 17 game season. There’s way too much riding on W/L in the NFL, to allow ties.

Wow! This off-season has been wild! And it probably isn't done.

This draft pick only trade is amazing! The Saints get this years 16th, 19th, and 194th picks from Philly, and Philly gets the 18th, 101st, and the 237th picks this year and the Saints 2023 1st round pick and 2024 second round pick. It's hard to even comprehend this trade but I read that it is a good way for Philly to help manage their cap with the overload they had in draft capitol, because they still have the 15th and 18th picks this year?

I guess prior to the trade the Eagles had the 15th, 16th, and 19th picks this year. That's crazy!

Wow! This off-season has been wild! And it probably isn't done.

This draft pick only trade is amazing! The Saints get this years 16th, 19th, and 194th picks from Philly, and Philly gets the 18th, 101st, and the 237th picks this year and the Saints 2023 1st round pick and 2024 second round pick. It's hard to even comprehend this trade but I read that it is a good way for Philly to help manage their cap with the overload they had in draft capitol, because they still have the 15th and 18th picks this year?

I guess prior to the trade the Eagles had the 15th, 16th, and 19th picks this year. That's crazy!
I'm trying to remember who they traded for all those picks?

Oh man, I didn't think they got a 1st for him? If they did, that was highway robbery.
Yea we did that 😑. But I can't give our front office enough credit for getting off of him after just one year. Sunken cost. It's not like they saw the Matt Ryan thing coming but it never happens if we aren't decisive.

Oh man, I didn't think they got a 1st for him? If they did, that was highway robbery.
You're right, it was a 2021 third and a 2022 second.

I have no idea how Philly got those three picks?

I love it. So their plan was and is to trade away talent to get picks, then trade those picks for future picks. When does winning come into play? 2030?

You're right, it was a 2021 third and a 2022 second.

I have no idea how Philly got those three picks?
One was the Colts, I seen to remember it being a 1 on the condition Wentz played x amount of snaps. Other one was the Dolphins. Drawing a blank on who they sent to them?

Jeff, hearing lots of talk of Ritter to the Steelers, what do you think?

Also, this popped up on my Facebook memories yesterday, what a fun night that was! Almost made me a Steelers fan.

Jeff, hearing lots of talk of Ritter to the Steelers, what do you think?

Also, this popped up on my Facebook memories yesterday, what a fun night that was! Almost made me a Steelers fan.

Ridder?

I hate it? For so many reasons!

He has so many weaknesses.
Bad read progression.
Accuracy.
Touch.
Running QBs dont win in the playoffs.

He will probably be in the HOF😁

Ridder?

I hate it? For so many reasons!

He has so many weaknesses.
Bad read progression.
Accuracy.
Touch.
Running QBs dont win in the playoffs.

He will probably be in the HOF😁
How do you know so much about him? I haven't watched him a ton, but the games I watched, he didn't strike me as a "running qb".I think it would be a reach, but that's what happens with QBs. Also, from what I read, sounds like he's smart and gets through progressions well, they agree with you accuracy and touch assessment though.