• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Non-Cigar Purchases

How did that arm do Nick?

He just turned 21 in October. He nailed it! I was bitching about how Dewalt changed their batteries, but left all us previous generation customers hung out to dry. I’m sure I could have bought aftermarket replacements, but it turned me off of them.

Thanks! I’m a big fan. Jeff @CigarStone can vouch at how amazingly hard the steel in these knives is. I need to find a generic block to put all the ones I’ve found together as a set.
It's getting there. I could honestly be doing more to rehab/build it back up... but I haven't been. Good enough for now, though! Thanks!

Did you get a discount because they forgot the fingers? Were they on clearance? They'd be cooler if they were pink.
I got a partial discount for the fingers but then there was an up charge for the half mitten so it ended up being a wash. I looked but there was no pink version. Sad.

Thanks! I’m a big fan. Jeff @CigarStone can vouch at how amazingly hard the steel in these knives is. I need to find a generic block to put all the ones I’ve found together as a set.
I tried my normal methods but couldn't put an edge on them. I finally broke down and stole a diamond encrusted system from my grandson which I gave him years ago because it was just to rough. I am banking on it allowing me to get "my" sharpening angle set and then I will be able to put a good edge on them. Now that I have COVID and will be sitting here at home for a while, I should have plenty of time! I guess the question is just how sharp do you want steak knives?

John and I both have this sharpener and it's the only thing I've used for years. I love it because the oval shape allows you to maintain a consistent angle throughout the length of the knife blade.

I may have to buy another one because I think I wore it down trying to sharpen those knives.

Knife sharpener.png

I had to take drastic measures but I finally got a good edge on these steak knives and based on how hard they are, I think that edge will last for a long time!

I tried my normal methods but couldn't put an edge on them. I finally broke down and stole a diamond encrusted system from my grandson which I gave him years ago because it was just to rough. I am banking on it allowing me to get "my" sharpening angle set and then I will be able to put a good edge on them. Now that I have COVID and will be sitting here at home for a while, I should have plenty of time! I guess the question is just how sharp do you want steak knives?

John and I both have this sharpener and it's the only thing I've used for years. I love it because the oval shape allows you to maintain a consistent angle throughout the length of the knife blade.

I may have to buy another one because I think I wore it down trying to sharpen those knives.

View attachment 50283

This may help https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockwell_scale.

We did these tests at work on our tooling as we used the carbide tooling for our brass cutting. Getting the edge is the magic, great edge at about 20-22 degree angle. And yeah, the angle of the dangle is where it's at.

I don't want to see no dude in track shoes and shorts, got better taste than that.