• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Non-Cigar Purchases

Not all of us. We geezers can still work a clutch.

Not sure if I qualify for that title yet, though it feels like it some days! I learned to drive in a friend of the families old hay truck. I'd be curious to the percentage of guys on here that can drive a stick vs the general public. I have a feeling it's way higher, but maybe because we're old. Sadly, I don't have a stick anymore, I'd like to teach my kids how to drive one.

A lot of stick shifts are too complicated for Americans or stick shifts are too complicated for a lot of Americans?

I was thinking the latter, but both maybe?

Not sure if I qualify for that title yet, though it feels like it some days! I learned to drive in a friend of the families old hay truck. I'd be curious to the percentage of guys on here that can drive a stick vs the general public. I have a feeling it's way higher, but maybe because we're old. Sadly, I don't have a stick anymore, I'd like to teach my kids how to drive one.

I was thinking the latter, but both maybe?
I can. I think that rather than us being old, we are just more diverse.😀

My first car was a 3 speed and still love driving a manual, when I can. My wife can’t drive one and as much as I’ve pushed to get our 16 yr old a manual, she’s against it because she can’t drive one. I’ve stopped trying to rationalize with her.

My first car was a 3 speed and still love driving a manual, when I can. My wife can’t drive one and as much as I’ve pushed to get our 16 yr old a manual, she’s against it because she can’t drive one. I’ve stopped trying to rationalize with her.
Get the kid a manual , and tell wife just to punch the gas and dump the clutch

I'm proud to say my daughter picked out a manual with her first car years ago and asked dear old dad to teach her. She was a quick learner too. Not sure if her brother ever learned

Started on a ‘66 Plymouth Valiant, 3 on the tree. Rusted out floor boards but ran well. I wasn’t particular. If it ran, I’d drive it. In fact, I took my driver test in it. Gives ya other shit to think about than the test itself. Smoked it!

I have a 2015 Mazda 3, 6 speed manual now. I love it and it fits me like a glove.

Floyd T

I love where this thread has gone!
You mean you don't just want to see pictures of my new snowboards?! 😂

My first car was a 77 Malibu that the driver door only opened with A Lot of force, windshield leaked like a sieve, etc. Sadly, it was an automatic. Had an 88 Camry and 04 Audio A4, both of which were manuals, that I drove into the ground. Interestingly, every truck I've owned has been an automatic.

You mean you don't just want to see pictures of my new snowboards?! 😂

My first car was a 77 Malibu that the driver door only opened with A Lot of force, windshield leaked like a sieve, etc. Sadly, it was an automatic. Had an 88 Camry and 04 Audio A4, both of which were manuals, that I drove into the ground. Interestingly, every truck I've owned has been an automatic.
I don't know how long you have been a board dork but I'm guessing you have perfected it pretty well. You will appreciate this for what it is. Back when snow boards first came out all of us fairly accomplished skiers hated the snot-nosed kids who road them. They did not obey the rules of the mountain and they were totally disrespectful.

We were in the lift line at Snowbird Utah and this fuckwad boarded right over the tips of my skies and cut in line. I said something to him and he said "fuck you grampa", I was about 35 at the time.. I was a pretty aggressive skier back then and I watched him get on the lift several chairs ahead of me and when he got off the chair I followed him for a while and when he was on a catwalk, I shouldered him off the side hard enough to make him fly and land in 10 feet of snow. I stopped to watched him (with a huge grin on my face) try to dig himself out and said "fuck you punk"

We all tried snowboarding but just couldn't get the hang of it. We were skiing at Killington Vermont and had my wife's, sisters, husband with us who was a novice at skiing. He strapped on the board to give it a try and instantly became a missile because he was unwilling to put his weight on the edges. We watched as he sailed off a catwalk and were shocked when we saw a tree out in front of him shed all of it's snow. We rushed down to find him hanging upside down in the tree with his head about 3 feet off the snow. At that point we all lost our minds laughing ..... he didn't appreciate it.