• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Non-Cigar Purchases

I don't know how long you have been a board dork but I'm guessing you have perfected it pretty well. You will appreciate this for what it is. Back when snow boards first came out all of us fairly accomplished skiers hated the snot-nosed kids who road them. They did not obey the rules of the mountain and they were totally disrespectful.

We were in the lift line at Snowbird Utah and this fuckwad boarded right over the tips of my skies and cut in line. I said something to him and he said "fuck you grampa", I was about 35 at the time.. I was a pretty aggressive skier back then and I watched him get on the lift several chairs ahead of me and when he got off the chair I followed him for a while and when he was on a catwalk, I shouldered him off the side hard enough to make him fly and land in 10 feet of snow. I stopped to watched him (with a huge grin on my face) try to dig himself out and said "fuck you punk"

We all tried snowboarding but just couldn't get the hang of it. We were skiing at Killington Vermont and had my wife's, sisters, husband with us who was a novice at skiing. He strapped on the board to give it a try and instantly became a missile because he was unwilling to put his weight on the edges. We watched as he sailed off a catwalk and were shocked when we saw a tree out in front of him shed all of it's snow. We rushed down to find him hanging upside down in the tree with his head about 3 feet off the snow. At that point we all lost our minds laughing ..... he didn't appreciate it.
Fuggin skiers

I'm so old, we used to get a ski in/ski out condo in Breckenridge for $75/night, Ski the Summit lift tickets (Breck/Copper/Keystone/Arapaho) were $24/day. There was no lodging at the top of Taos, had to stay in Red River and drive over in the morning. Lived to tell the tale, it'd kill me dead to ski these days.

I'm so old, we used to get a ski in/ski out condo in Breckenridge for $75/night, Ski the Summit lift tickets (Breck/Copper/Keystone/Arapaho) were $24/day. There was no lodging at the top of Taos, had to stay in Red River and drive over in the morning. Lived to tell the tale, it'd kill me dead to ski these days.
That's crazy! How long ago?

I don't ski/board, and I don't drive manual. I *could* learn, but why?

I suppose my car has the "manual transmission for dummies" with paddle shifters with a CVT tranny. Every so often I drive it in manual mode.

That's crazy! How long ago?

That would have been very early '80s, like '80~'82.

I still have some of those lift tickets, I'll see if they have dates. Seems like they were just a 3 letter code of the day, not sure.

We were working on drilling rigs and the rigs would typically be down for a few days to a week between holes, we'd go to Breckenridge and stay a ~week at a time a few times a winter. Another buddy's mom/stepdad had a place in Ruidoso, used to ski there quite a bit and we liked Taos but it was such a hassle getting a nearby place to stay in those pre-internet days. We'd always pick Breckenridge if possible.

Not sure if I qualify for that title yet, though it feels like it some days! I learned to drive in a friend of the families old hay truck. I'd be curious to the percentage of guys on here that can drive a stick vs the general public. I have a feeling it's way higher, but maybe because we're old. Sadly, I don't have a stick anymore, I'd like to teach my kids how to drive one.

I was thinking the latter, but both maybe?
This is a trick question. The answer is: I can, but I can't...

BIG style points for Creed. This just finally arrived.. on the outside it just looks like a plain ol' box. But you open it up and the box interior is all done up and quite impressive.

CreedBox.jpg

This is Aventus and Silver Mountain Water. Two of my faves. Anyone else a Creed fan (no, not the band)?

I haven't seen the heat deflector before. I need to look that one up!
It looks pretty cool (warm?) and seems like a no-brainer.. we all know heat rises! This is a must have and I'm actually surprised I haven't seen one here in WI before. It's been known to get nippy here. 🥶