• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Now Playing....(Movies and Reviews)

Justified, as well... just into the 3rd season... great acting...

I fourth or fifth or whatever Justified. Walton Goggins is a gift to mankind -- we do not deserve him. This is the only multi-season show, aside from LOST, that I've ever watched more than once. So, so good.

Another great one, IMHO, was Burn Notice. Jeffrey Donovan and Bruce Campbell have great chemistry. Even Gabrielle Anwar, who I'm just not a real big fan of, is great. It's even got a "hero car"! Most everything from USA Network's "Blue Sky" era was entertaining.

If you are a Timothy Olyphant fan, definitely check out Deadwood. It also co-stars Ian McShane, who I would watch read the phone book.

Deadwood rocked. Ended too soon in my opinion. McShane is pretty good in what I have seen of American Gods, but that show is no deadwood. Westworld is hit or miss. I don't have HBO right now so I could only watch the first episode of the current season, and not that impressed so far. I also actually enjoyed Mad Men, of which I didn't watch one episode before they ended it.

For movies, recently watched knives out....don't know what all the hype was about that, and Ford vs Ferrari which I thought was really good.

I lived Deadwood, and Justified is the one I was thinking, going to fire that back up. Quit watching it the first time due to shitty internet/streaming problems.

Trying to find a download of Equalizer 2...I desperately need a crappy, mindless, revenge movie on this rainy day....something that requires very little thought.

Trying to find a download of Equalizer 2...I desperately need a crappy, mindless, revenge movie on this rainy day....something that requires very little thought.

I watched it on Netflix about a month ago, I think. It should still be on there.

Deadwood rocked. Ended too soon in my opinion. McShane is pretty good in what I have seen of American Gods, but that show is no deadwood. Westworld is hit or miss. I don't have HBO right now so I could only watch the first episode of the current season, and not that impressed so far. I also actually enjoyed Mad Men, of which I didn't watch one episode before they ended it.

For movies, recently watched knives out....don't know what all the hype was about that, and Ford vs Ferrari which I thought was really good.

Have you seen the Deadwood movie? I have not, yet, but have heard about it. It's tough to make "the next chapter" of such a great show this far after the fact, and after several of the prominent characters' actors have died.

Have you seen the Deadwood movie? I have not, yet, but have heard about it. It's tough to make "the next chapter" of such a great show this far after the fact, and after several of the prominent characters' actors have died.

The deadwood movie was terrible in comparison to the show. Boring, dragged on, felt incomplete.

We streamed/rented The Invisible Man, over Apple + on Saturday. We figured for $20, it was cheaper that the theater (they are all closed anyway) and we could make our own food. It's definitely a thriller and reminded me of Hollow Man and Sleeping with the Enemy. I'd recommend it.

We're starting Ozark soon.

I watched one the other night (on Prime) that I really enjoyed. Danny Collins. It stars Al Pacino and Annett Benning.
You’ll think it’s a typical story of a rock star who finally hits a middle age (old) crisis, but it takes some surprising turns.
There are many quick shots with cigar content for a bonus!! 👍

My wife watched Bosch on prime (when we have it) as well as the marvelous mrs. whatever lol. I'll admit Bosch is pretty good. However weird it is, I also liked homecoming on prime. Did not like Jack Reacher. We are 3 episodes away from finishing west wing season one. But we usually only get 3-6 episodes in a week. I am also watching the Seinfeld series on hulu. I find it interesting how the acting changes and evolves more than anything else. Still a great show though. On season 3 now. As things become less and less interesting on netflix, I find old stuff that I maybe didn't see or didn't see all of on hulu, that I see the appeal to that format. The commercial free is worth the extra money there.

I'll toss out 13 monkeys on syfy if you can find it, as a good show as well. Killing Eve isn't bad either if you can put up with Sandra Oh.

A lot of the new content on apple + isn't bad either. I like Servant, For All Mankind, and See. Truth be Told, eh...I could do without...sorry Aaron Paul.

My wife watched Bosch on prime (when we have it) as well as the marvelous mrs. whatever lol. I'll admit Bosch is pretty good. However weird it is, I also liked homecoming on prime. Did not like Jack Reacher. We are 3 episodes away from finishing west wing season one. But we usually only get 3-6 episodes in a week. I am also watching the Seinfeld series on hulu. I find it interesting how the acting changes and evolves more than anything else. Still a great show though. On season 3 now. As things become less and less interesting on netflix, I find old stuff that I maybe didn't see or didn't see all of on hulu, that I see the appeal to that format. The commercial free is worth the extra money there.

I'll toss out 13 monkeys on syfy if you can find it, as a good show as well. Killing Eve isn't bad either if you can put up with Sandra Oh.

A lot of the new content on apple + isn't bad either. I like Servant, For All Mankind, and See. Truth be Told, eh...I could do without...sorry Aaron Paul.

Apparently new season of Bosch is out -- just not here. :( Huge Harry Bosch (the books) and Titus Welliver fan, so I love this show. I was happy to see Ryan Hurst show up last season as the investigator, but he seems to just play variations of Opie from SoA, now. Not that it's a bad gig...

Re: Sandra Oh. Man, I just can't get into anything with this woman. Her acting is just so forced that it turns me off, despite her looks. Her arc in Designated Survivor had me hoping she would get killed off every episode. I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels this way. *EDIT* Well, shit. Apologies on a monumental cock up. I was thinking of Maggie Q, not Sandra Oh. So many jokes to make here at my expense, and I deserve them all...

Re: Jack Reacher. Do you mean Jack Ryan? The Clancy character played by John Krasinski? I liked the first season as a standalone show, and I thought Krasinski played his role well, BUT, it's not Jack Ryan. Season One could have been any random "over-his-head government dude chases middle eastern terrorist bad guys" plot, rather than trying to throw it at us as a Jack Ryan Sr. reboot. If they really wanted to have it be in the Clancy Ryanverse, they could have made it Jack Jr. (like the movie a few years ago should have been) and Hendley/The Campus. I haven't watched S2, yet.

Re: The REAL Jack Reacher. Why, oh why, did they choose Tom Cruise for Reacher? I get his star power, but he was all wrong for the role. His acting wasn't terrible (for Reacher), but the character is 6' 6" and as big as a tree. That's important, because his stature is a character all unto itself. Tom Cruise just didn't have that, literally. I always get strange looks when I say this, but I think that Ben Affleck would have been a great Reacher. He has believable size, he's getting along in age, which suits the Reacher character, and if you've seen The Accountant, he can pull off anything that is required of the Jack Reacher role. Even though Lee Child (the author of the Reacher novels) at first said that Tom Cruise was a good choice at the time of the movies' releases, he eventually backtracked and said it was all wrong. I recently saw a Q&A with Dwayne Johnson, who said that was the one role he really wanted but didn't get. He's got the size, but I'm not sure he would have been right for that character, either, to be honest.

Last edited:
Hulu has 12 Monkeys, Fargo, Justified, Firefly, and of course Handmaid's Tale & the first two seasons of Killing Eve (which I like so much I once again didn't wait for them to pick up Season 3 after it finished, and went ahead and bought it on Amazon).

Right now I'm watching that & Westworld one episode a week & trying to make Bosch Season 6 last more than just this weekend .... but I'm already two episodes in!

Also somehow found myself watching Game of Thrones, which I didn't care for & wasn't into when it started but seem to be hooked on now.

~Boar

Ya apparently I messed that up..jack ryan...12 monkeys lol...I was on a call when I was typing that so I may have got the wires crossed lol.

Westworld is pretty decent as is Fargo. It’s funny as these get listed off I am surprised how much time watching tv I really do.

So, what's the next "money saving" revolution in entertainment delivery going to be? Not too long ago everyone was cutting-the-cable and doing streaming subscriptions. Now it seems that there are so many different streaming sites that it's going to soon cost the same as the monthly cable bill to subscribe to all the ones you want (if it doesn't, already). Is some entity going to find a way to legally offer third-party bundles of services for "one low price"? Maybe a'la carte viewing?

So, what's the next "money saving" revolution in entertainment delivery going to be? Not too long ago everyone was cutting-the-cable and doing streaming subscriptions. Now it seems that there are so many different streaming sites that it's going to soon cost the same as the monthly cable bill to subscribe to all the ones you want (if it doesn't, already). Is some entity going to find a way to legally offer third-party bundles of services for "one low price"? Maybe a'la carte viewing?

The old cable channels are all add ons now---I have HBO and Starz subscriptions on my Amazon Prime account (which is basically free content for me, given the no cost shipping more than pays for itself) and recently noticed that Hulu, which always had a Showtime sub add on available, is offering HBO and Starz now too, in addition to Disney Plus, which wedged itself into the game by offering Hulu and ESPN.

Honestly, at this point, now that Netflix isn't doing any more MCU series I'm mostly just keeping them on out of nostalgia. Well, nostalgia and Altered Carbon and the hope they'll do something else as cool as that, Babylon Berlin, and Sense8 on the regular.

Amazon is hands down the best at it, has the most add on subscriptions by FAR, and is the easiest to navigate and use. I'm thinking there's probably a reason Bezos is the richest man on the planet right now.

It the future every restaurant is Taco Bell. ;)

1FRZ5Y1EAqOQ8ZnHzhVeI8Pnnzpa8ZIOuyVCRFtrpMSx35oPmquLW8_aNTnoO_jE3IG7u0caHc5-vPkvQW3z0iOudub3qMst22rFgNqIWQixZtK6s-DkHFNh2S-xutx-XqABBBsmT9_QMJTeB4ZEpMsGr-HUkON0VIVjdQ

But given Amazon's increasing dominance of retail in general, it's hard not to be reminded of Wendell Berry's maxim that the nature of capitalism dictates that there will always be winners and losers and, by logical extension, eventually ONE winner, and all the rest losers---that the law of capitalism is the Law of War.

It's starting to look like that "One" is going to be Amazon.

I'll leave the tinfoil hats to discuss a "shelter in place" level pandemic sweeping the planet after systems are already in place to supply virtually all of our needs online. I'm just not that paranoid! 😂

~Boar

Rambo Last Blood. But it's not crappy or mindless. Heavy on the revenge...

Apparently new season of Bosch is out -- just not here. :( Huge Harry Bosch (the books) and Titus Welliver fan, so I love this show. I was happy to see Ryan Hurst show up last season as the investigator, but he seems to just play variations of Opie from SoA, now. Not that it's a bad gig...

Re: Sandra Oh. Man, I just can't get into anything with this woman. Her acting is just so forced that it turns me off, despite her looks. Her arc in Designated Survivor had me hoping she would get killed off every episode. I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels this way. *EDIT* Well, shit. Apologies on a monumental cock up. I was thinking of Maggie Q, not Sandra Oh. So many jokes to make here at my expense, and I deserve them all...

Re: Jack Reacher. Do you mean Jack Ryan? The Clancy character played by John Krasinski? I liked the first season as a standalone show, and I thought Krasinski played his role well, BUT, it's not Jack Ryan. Season One could have been any random "over-his-head government dude chases middle eastern terrorist bad guys" plot, rather than trying to throw it at us as a Jack Ryan Sr. reboot. If they really wanted to have it be in the Clancy Ryanverse, they could have made it Jack Jr. (like the movie a few years ago should have been) and Hendley/The Campus. I haven't watched S2, yet.

Re: The REAL Jack Reacher. Why, oh why, did they choose Tom Cruise for Reacher? I get his star power, but he was all wrong for the role. His acting wasn't terrible (for Reacher), but the character is 6' 6" and as big as a tree. That's important, because his stature is a character all unto itself. Tom Cruise just didn't have that, literally. I always get strange looks when I say this, but I think that Ben Affleck would have been a great Reacher. He has believable size, he's getting along in age, which suits the Reacher character, and if you've seen The Accountant, he can pull off anything that is required of the Jack Reacher role. Even though Lee Child (the author of the Reacher novels) at first said that Tom Cruise was a good choice at the time of the movies' releases, he eventually backtracked and said it was all wrong. I recently saw a Q&A with Dwayne Johnson, who said that was the one role he really wanted but didn't get. He's got the size, but I'm not sure he would have been right for that character, either, to be honest.

Affleck could be a believable Reacher, for sure.
Let him bulk up like he did for Batman, and I think it would work real well. The Rock??? No way he could pull off the stuff between the ass kicking.

Henry Cavill (The Witcher, Superman, etc) could probably do it too. The Rock needs to stick to comedy and goofy action movies with Kevin Hart.

I'll leave the tinfoil hats to discuss a "shelter in place" level pandemic sweeping the planet after systems are already in place to supply virtually all of our needs online. I'm just not that paranoid! 😂

~Boar

I saw a movie/show on Amazon or Netflix not too long ago where an automated version of Amazon kept belching out orders. These orders were delivered by drone to people that were already gone, and things were piling up everywhere. It was killing everything with piles of unopened boxes, and it looked kind of like the trash piles in Idiocracy. Can't find the show, guess my Googlefu is broken.
The main protagonist of the show was trying to get into the hub to shut it down. That's about all I can remember, so it must have been pretty slow.

I saw a movie/show on Amazon or Netflix not too long ago where an automated version of Amazon kept belching out orders. These orders were delivered by drone to people that were already gone, and things were piling up everywhere. It was killing everything with piles of unopened boxes, and it looked kind of like the trash piles in Idiocracy. Can't find the show, guess my Googlefu is broken.
The main protagonist of the show was trying to get into the hub to shut it down. That's about all I can remember, so it must have been pretty slow.

That was .... gods, I've forgotten the name too. It was a single season series of stand-alone episodes based on Philip K. Dick stories (I think) and that was the only episode I watched. As you say, a bit slow.

What's hilarious is that I was THINKING of that exact episode while writing my post, but I couldn't remember the name either so I just left it out! 😂

~Boar