• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Now Playing....(Movies and Reviews)

Amazon Prime dropped it a day early, which they've been doing lately, so I watched the first three episodes last night & will finish it up tonight.

Like American Gods, based on a favorite book by a favorite author. Only this one goes for laughs. It's epic & hilarious & very, VERY well done.

View attachment 26506

~Boar
Watched episode 1 last night.
It's quirky and entertaining. I half expected Tennant to be channeling his Dr Who persona, but he's doing a great job so far.

When he takes his sunglasses off, it's a bit unsettling, though. ?

Deadwood is one of my all time favorites. The movie came out on HBO last Friday. I agree - too many flashbacks early on but it settles into a good movie with a very good ending ( finally). David Milch, the writer- director - producer and soul of the show & movie has Alzheimer’s and this may be his last production. Knowing this makes the ending more poignant and a little sad for we fans.

Deadwood would have had a full run, but Milch was too coked out in the mid-'00s to care about much else. The Deadwood town set remained standing until, I want to say, 2012 before it was finally torn down. I empathize with the guy, but still am angry at what could have been.

Today has been a Poirot day.
Started with Murder on the Orient Express (2017), then watched the new Amazon Prime series Agatha Christie's the ABC Murders.

Both have me wanting to find the books.

Watched the first two episodes of NOS4AT2 with Zachary Quinto, and it shows promise, but I'm most amped about the new season of Jessica Jones on Netflix that dropped today.

Binge watch starts after dinner. :D

~Boar

Was she the girlfriend on Breaking Bad?

I honestly don't know. Never watched it. (I can't get into shows about drugs. Especially not meth.) I've seen gifs that seem to indicate she was on "Watch Out for the B in Apt. 23" or something like that? (haven't watched that either).

All I can tell you is it's a good show, she's good in it, and when she turns around in those faded jeans? ;)

~Boar

Two attempts at this storyline and they can't get it right. That's disappointing.
Would love to see the whole arc if they could figure it out.

I honestly don't know. Never watched it. (I can't get into shows about drugs. Especially not meth.) I've seen gifs that seem to indicate she was on "Watch Out for the B in Apt. 23" or something like that? (haven't watched that either).

All I can tell you is it's a good show, she's good in it, and when she turns around in those faded jeans? ;)

~Boar

I enjoyed the first 2 seasons, need to watch this. I thought they stopped all the Marvel stuff on Netflix?

I believe this is the last of it. And yes, she was on Breaking Bad. And ‘Don’t Trust the B in Apt 23’, which has moments of hilarity.

Lotta movies this week, enjoying my summer break:

Alita_Battle_Angel_James_Cameron_Fox.jpg

Battle Angel: Alita is a simple story with serviceable at best acting pulling together some of the most jaw-dropping CGI I've seen on the screen, as you'd expect from the guy that waited ten years until the tech caught up to the story he wanted to tell to bring us Avatar.

hellboy-still-e1552413588247.jpg

Hellboy had me missing Ron Perlman a LOT. ? David Harbour just doesn't bring the character or the makeup to life like he did, and I found myself wishing Del Toro had found the time to make that third installment in the original cycle he'd wanted to. That said, it's a good storyline, with unexpected twists and turns and some REALLY disturbing creature effects.

deadwood-trailer-1.png

HBO dropped Deadwood onto Amazon Prime as a SERIES, so I only had to pay a single episode price, $2.99, for it. I don't know if that was a mistake or a gift, but as a fan of the original series this was a great watch. All the old characters back, older but not necessarily wiser, to tie up all those loose ends left hanging by the abrupt cancellation. If you were a fan, it's a must see.

~Boar

Last edited:
I've been rewatching Stranger Things before I get into the 3rd season... I'm almost done with season 2.

I can't stop feeling bad for Will. Talk about bad luck! That kid goes through a lot!

I've been rewatching Stranger Things before I get into the 3rd season... I'm almost done with season 2.

I can't stop feeling bad for Will. Talk about bad luck! That kid goes through a lot!

If you had a girl's haircut in the 80's you were bound to get your ass whooped....lol

My wife and I brought my 3 year old to see Toy Story 4. It was a great movie and they did not disappoint. I was 11 when the first Toy Story came out and it amazes me how fair the quality has come. The movie was funny and exciting we all really enjoyed it.

Oh Holy Hell y'all GOTTA watch this! ?

Officially drops on Amazon Prime today but they actually released it late last night, and I caught the first couple episodes----and it's incredible. Sex, nudity, gore, language, dark humor, tight scripting, amazing camera work, and the "supes" (superheroes) are NOT the good guys.

But then I'm not sure anyone else is, either. ?

Seriously, it's a roller coaster. Ride it.

~Boar

Oh Holy Hell y'all GOTTA watch this! ?

View attachment 27007

Officially drops on Amazon Prime today but they actually released it late last night, and I caught the first couple episodes----and it's incredible. Sex, nudity, gore, language, dark humor, tight scripting, amazing camera work, and the "supes" (superheroes) are NOT the good guys.

But then I'm not sure anyone else is, either. ?

Seriously, it's a roller coaster. Ride it.

~Boar

We did the first 3 episodes last night.
Wow, it is crazy. But highly entertaining. Love all the Aussie slang that Karl Urban is using. Anthony Starr is always good at what he does. Definitely something I hope keeps going for a few seasons.