• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Now Playing....(Movies and Reviews)

Watched Dark Phoenix, Brightburn and The Italian Job (the Wahlberg version) over the weekend, as well as all but the final episode of Undone.

Really, really like Undone. That's going on the "second watch" list.

Dark Phoenix didn't deserve the dragging it got, but was definitely no Logan or even First Class. If you like ALL the X-Men movies .... even the original trilogy .... then like me, you'll enjoy it.

Brightburn was excellent. Creepy AF with good tension & killer but subtle special effects.

brightburn-uk-poster.jpg

~Boar

We watched John Wick 3 Sunday. It's just one really long fight scene/three gun match. There were a few homages tossed in, but it was otherwise lacking plot and struggled to keep my attention the whole time.

The hand to hand seemed to have the same few moves over and over. The telegraphing of moves was uber obvious. Of course, flying slashing blades galore, but very few cuts.

The three gun scenes were well done, but Keanu has spent tons of time training with Taran Butler, so he better look like he knows what he is doing.

Not the best of the trilogy, but I'd definitely watch a fourth or fifth installment.

We watched John Wick 3 Sunday. It's just one really long fight scene/three gun match. There were a few homages tossed in, but it was otherwise lacking plot and struggled to keep my attention the whole time.

The hand to hand seemed to have the same few moves over and over. The telegraphing of moves was uber obvious. Of course, flying slashing blades galore, but very few cuts.

The three gun scenes were well done, but Keanu has spent tons of time training with Taran Butler, so he better look like he knows what he is doing.

Not the best of the trilogy, but I'd definitely watch a fourth or fifth installment.

HUGE John Wick fan here, but I was disappointed by Chapter 3. It went nowhere, really, and was supposed to wrap up the (always intended) trilogy. I'll go see Part 4, but won't be as excited about it as I was for 2 and 3 to come out. Reeves has extensive firearms training, as you said, with the best of the best. He's the real-deal. This one had possibly the best comedy relief of the series, though.

HUGE John Wick fan here, but I was disappointed by Chapter 3. It went nowhere, really, and was supposed to wrap up the (always intended) trilogy. I'll go see Part 4, but won't be as excited about it as I was for 2 and 3 to come out. Reeves has extensive firearms training, as you said, with the best of the best. He's the real-deal. This one had possibly the best comedy relief of the series, though.

I really like the actor that played Zero, who coincidentally also has a role on Wu Assassins.
Mark Dacoscos (sp?) Is the real deal in martial arts and cooking. Which is probably why he was pretty much only doing hand to hand and edged weapons.

Check out ‘Only the Strong’ for Mark Decascos at his best.

Started "Titans" Season 1 on Amazon.

It's good. Good characters, intriguing storyline, great special effects & so far the underlying mystery/conspiracy hasn't gotten all convoluted, obvious or absurd, as all too often happens with these kinds of shows.

Keeps you guessing, and every episode so far is a new plot wrinkle.

~Boar

Started "Titans" Season 1 on Amazon.

It's good. Good characters, intriguing storyline, great special effects & so far the underlying mystery/conspiracy hasn't gotten all convoluted, obvious or absurd, as all too often happens with these kinds of shows.

Keeps you guessing, and every episode so far is a new plot wrinkle.

~Boar

I saw the preview for that (or maybe I just got curious and IMDb'd it... can't remember), and it looked interesting. May give it a shot next. I'm trying to get away from so much Netflix here... though there's not much else to do.

Got a few minutes into the first episode of "Undone", but killed it. The animation was driving me crazy.

Got a few minutes into the first episode of "Undone", but killed it. The animation was driving me crazy.

That's the part I really like!

It's Rotoscope. Filmed live and then the animators hand paint every frame. Last time I've seen it used was in A Scanner Darkly, Linklater's film of the Philip K. Dick novel.

~Boar

That's the part I really like!

It's Rotoscope. Filmed live and then the animators hand paint every frame. Last time I've seen it used was in A Scanner Darkly, Linklater's film of the Philip K. Dick novel.

~Boar

It was driving me nuts how the picture was jerking, maybe it wouldn't have been so bad on a smaller screen.

It was driving me nuts how the picture was jerking, maybe it wouldn't have been so bad on a smaller screen.

I watch everything on my 27" iMac. Don't think I've turned on the big screen in a few years, because I only smoke in my home office---stogies & hootch & Netflix. 😂

Huge fan of animation though, so I loved the look of it & the effect. A Scanner Darkly would probably drive you crazy! Whole movie's like an acid trip.

~ Boar

I watch everything on my 27" iMac. Don't think I've turned on the big screen in a few years, because I only smoke in my home office---stogies & hootch & Netflix. 😂

Huge fan of animation though, so I loved the look of it & the effect. A Scanner Darkly would probably drive you crazy! Whole movie's like an acid trip.

~ Boar

I'll pass. Lol

I've started watching "The Boys". I'm about 6 episodes in. It's ok, but a little slow-moving.

Started watching Holy Shit on Amazon Prime....holy shit pretty much covers that subject.

Wife and I watched Alita Battle Angel this afternoon. We really enjoyed it.

I finished "The Boys". Ok, the ending of the season was worth the wait. I'm hooked for next season!

Watched Midsommar on Amazon tonight. Amazing movie. If you like the original Wicker Man, hoo buddy, are you ever going to absolutely LOVE this one.

Brilliant, gripping, original, full of Heathen-y goodness. Yes, as with Wicker Man, I cheer for the bad guys. 😂

~Boar

Watched El Camino a Breaking Bad Movie last night.
Felt a bit like the Matrix sequels ... You have to watch them, but discover the original was just fine without them.

Lots of good stuff on Netflix. I like Ozark. But if you haven’t yet, homeland, succession, and billions come to mind..