• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Official date for the CP Herf!

Status
Not open for further replies.
gtphale said:
Dates sound even better for me now. Been announced and the majority felt it was a better weekend. Guess its a case where you can't please everyone.
[snapback]291837[/snapback]​

Thankfully the dates are best for you... that's important!!!

I'm not sure what "majority" you're talking about - The "majority" of CP members, or "majority" of people who have participated in this thread. There's a HUGE difference between those two groups...

gtphale said:
coventrycat86  Jan 19 2006, 05:46 AM Post #3 

CP Newbie

Group: Members
Member No.: 616

I can't do March. 

So what is it? You can't do March now your pissed its in May? ???
[snapback]291858[/snapback]​

I'm not "pissed" hale, don't draw conclusions. Then again, I shouldn't be surprised from someone like you who isn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed. How are things going at the can factory, too much strain on your limited intellect?

Once again, your reading comprehension leave quite a bit to be desired, my concern is having this event on Memorial Day weekend. It's not a very smart choice for a date for this event.

Edited cause this is to big of an event to let this crap into this thread. Sorry for being part of the BS.

Lets get our herfing shoes on and enjoy this event.

To CoventryCat:

Frankly, CC, I'm disappointed that you feel it's okay to come onto this thread and trash it and a few good BOTLs. I'm truly sorry that the dates don't work for you. I'd have liked smoking a few sticks with you and still hope to at some time in the future.

To All:

I'm sure there are more than a few BOTLs who aren't able to make it because of the date but, let's be honest, that would have happened regardless of the weekend that was chosen.

By all means, everyone on this board should feel free to express his/her disappointment over the date of this event, the month it's being held, the location, whatever they want. But IMO, it's completely inappropriate to trash the entire event thread, the planner of the event, and the BOTLs who are planning to attend, simply because something did not work out specifically for you. My suggestion would be to take the reins next year (or even later this year) and try to plan another CP Herf. Then you can coordinate the details in a manner that you feel is up to standard.

Personaly, I plan to have a great time on Memorial Day weekend by meeting up with some good BOTLs and fine cigars. I'll post pics and let anyone who's interested know what went down and how much fun was had. Hopefully, others who attend will do the same. In that manner we can at least share the event virtually. It's not the same as being there, but I enjoy seeing pics and reading about other herfs so I'm sure there will be others on this board who do as well.

Any time works for me, in that no matter what weekend it would be I'd still have to take time off work! :laugh:

Although Memorial Weekend just happens to be perfect for me- the Wifely Unit© (great Idea BBS!) will be in Long Beach until that Thursday on business... so she will meet me there, if I can get the time off.

Anyone wanna house/dog sit for me? :laugh:

ggiese said:
Matty - It sure seems to me you're taking Rod's name in vain when you attach it to the "approval" process over this whole fiasco. I'm sure he would just LOVE to get a few PM's "complaining" about YOUR screwing around with the choice for dates... :rolleyes:
[snapback]291832[/snapback]​

Rod is taking an active role in planning the herf, If there was something he felt would not benefit the general membership as a whole he would notify me, and corrective measure would be taken.

I'm sorry, Steve - but you've got one guy saying the "majority" of people want it at this time. I don't know what the "majority" is, but out of 12 people that's not much. And 12 is definitely not the majority of 2,680 members...

This is billed as the "Official CP Herf". Okay - that's a noble undertaking and I guess whoever is responsible for setting it up should be thanked not spanked. But I'm sorry - if you're the organizer you're either going to take all the heat or all the credit. At this point, with 12 in attendance, there should be a little heat. And there should be an HONEST assessment of criticism to make it a more successful event next time. I don't think it's right to hide under the coattails of Rod because things ain't as pretty as they should be.

Vascilating about the date of the event - changing it back and forth - especially when the majority (8 to 4) voted to have it in March, not May - didn't help this situation. Certainly, I don't think you should kill the messenger for the message.

Getting together for a herf and smoking cigars is always a good thing. Maybe this should have been called the "Matty_Vegas Invitational Herf" instead of the "CP Official Herf". I'm sure it would have GREATLY lessened the likelihood of criticism. You put a title like "Official CP..." on anything around here and you are opening yourself up...

Matty_Vegas said:
ggiese said:
Matty - It sure seems to me you're taking Rod's name in vain when you attach it to the "approval" process over this whole fiasco. I'm sure he would just LOVE to get a few PM's "complaining" about YOUR screwing around with the choice for dates... :rolleyes:
[snapback]291832[/snapback]​

Rod is taking an active role in planning the herf, If there was something he felt would not benefit the general membership as a whole he would notify me, and corrective measure would be taken.
[snapback]291946[/snapback]​

12 people our of 2,680 members attending an "Official" CP event does not necessarily benefit the general membership as a whole. Please take the criticism with the idea that it is intended to make the event more successful next time. ;)

I understand your point George..I am a huge fan of criticsm (sp?) especially when I am attached to something. I have to problem having my faults pointed out to me. I am trying to run this as smoothly as possible, with any thing nothing can run perfect the first time.

I would like to thank everyone for thier patience...There will be alot of fun to be had by all. I would appreciate if we could keep this thread focused on the event, and the planning of the event, and please do not let it degrade into a flame war.

It's really quite disconcerting to see this thread turn into this. Maybe I missed something, but as of recent I have been working with Matt on planning this event. I was unaware so many people were not accepting of the date. Rather than turning this thread into a pissing match of BS, let's try adding constructive criticism.

Memorial day weekend is a three day holiday for many. If a lot of you really cannot make it because of Memorial Day, then perhaps we should consider pushing the date forward. Not sure if that's really going to make much of a difference for attendence. Keep in mind, we're not publicizing this herf on other websites this year, so surely the guest count will be less than it could be.

stevehawk said:
To CoventryCat:

Frankly, CC, I'm disappointed that you feel it's okay to come onto this thread and trash it and a few good BOTLs. I'm truly sorry that the dates don't work for you. I'd have liked smoking a few sticks with you and still hope to at some time in the future.

I'm not "trashing" anything or anyone stevehawk. I stated the obvious which is that the date for this thing has been changed NUMEROUS times already and that Memorial Day is not a very good option.

I made these statements then I was "trashed" by the likes of you, Matty and gtphale.

You obviously have a chip on your shoulder with respect to me and you always have and cannot look at anything I post in a rational or reasonable manner which is unfortunate for you because it makes you look foolish.

Carry on....

Swissy said:
Anyone wanna house/dog sit for me? :laugh:
[snapback]291921[/snapback]​

Swissy, a round trip plane ticket, leave your Humi open for me and I'll watch the mutts. :laugh:

You forgot to tell him to leave some smoked salmon out for you. :whistling:

I know someone posted about shirts. Is that a go? If so I could get stickers made up for everyone that would be the same as the shirts. I have one from Land of Lincoln herf and put it on my otter box. If ok with Rod and whomever it was doing shirts I can do the stickers.

Also at LOL herf we had a box of smokes that are considered the worse smoke possible. They are kept out of the humi and dried and smell like crap. The were big butts if I remember right. I can setup a box of smokes like this also. Of course they won't be to bad this year, but as time goes on they will get worse. :0 The big butts were kept for 5 years and running out of the humi. We could take all the names that attend put them in a hat and draw. If your name is pulled you have to smoke it. Then its your job to make sure the box makes it to next years event. And so forth and so forth. Was just a fun thing that was done. And just a couple idea's.

Nothing with the CP logo is to be made up unless produced by CigarPass. I'm working on getting hats and shirts made. Will keep you all posted.

Ok thats fine. What about stickers without the CP logo? But says something in the lines of 1st Annual CigarPass Herf with a pic of some cigars and maybe the Welcome to vegas sign?

Matty_Vegas said:
thinking about a hold em tournament on sunday...

also check the main post for new info

and how about this place for saturday?

http://www.mcmullansirishpub.com/
[snapback]290802[/snapback]​

What's the cross street on this place?

Also, how many golfers do we have? I know that Tone NY and I will be playing Sunday, who else wants to play?

Gregor

Do they rent clubs where you guys are going? Gives me an excuse for being such a bad golfer. :laugh: Might be able to pull it off,but not going to bring my clubs out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.