• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padron, Padron Anniversary, Padron 1926

Status
Not open for further replies.
MilesMingusMonk said:
tobaccoleaf1 said:
This is Bob (owner of Tobacco Leaf). I supply Billboard with cigars
and unlike Ian don't feel a need to kiss up to you people. Yesterday Jabba posted that his buddy recieved cigars in Canada for $2.90 shipping this was not priority mail which Ian uses so tracking can be done. Ian has been decieved in the past by using non tracked methods to save money which was a mistake. It also was brought to our attention that we listed 1926 #6 maddies on our sight which we don't have it was a simple mistake not an attempt to mislead anyone, but Ian was threatned if he didn't come out and tell you guys then this person was going to come on here and start the bashing. It seems to me some people on here just can't wait for retailers to make mistakes so they bash them. Ian offers real good deals on Padrons I could very well sell in my store but I help him to supply you guys with these great offers because he is trying to grow his internet business. So keep bashing and the Padron offers will stop on Cigar Pass. THIS IS NOT THE ONLY FORUM TO SELL VERY HARD TO GET CIGARS AT DISCOUNT PRICES. Again this is not Ian but the supplier of the cheap Padrons.
[snapback]283393[/snapback]​

WTF? :0
[snapback]283394[/snapback]​

Yeah, now I'm confused as well. So why do we have 2 different people posting under the same user name?

Uh, Bashing? ONE guy brought up a concern he had (possibly not in the ideal way...but it wasn't "bashing.")
A bunch of other folks jumped to Ian's defense.

TL,

Ian addressed the weight issue on a few fivers; I thanked Ian and the issue was resolved. Cookie was simply informing Ian of an error on the site(this was not bashing IMO). As far as I am concerned both these issues were dealt with, why are you bringing them up again?

tobaccoleaf1 said:
This is Bob (owner of Tobacco Leaf). I supply Billboard with cigars
and unlike Ian don't feel a need to kiss up to you people. Yesterday Jabba posted that his buddy recieved cigars in Canada for $2.90 shipping this was not priority mail which Ian uses so tracking can be done. Ian has been decieved in the past by using non tracked methods to save money which was a mistake. It also was brought to our attention that we listed 1926 #6 maddies on our sight which we don't have it was a simple mistake not an attempt to mislead anyone, but Ian was threatned if he didn't come out and tell you guys then this person was going to come on here and start the bashing. It seems to me some people on here just can't wait for retailers to make mistakes so they bash them. Ian offers real good deals on Padrons I could very well sell in my store but I help him to supply you guys with these great offers because he is trying to grow his internet business. So keep bashing and the Padron offers will stop on Cigar Pass. THIS IS NOT THE ONLY FORUM TO SELL VERY HARD TO GET CIGARS AT DISCOUNT PRICES. Again this is not Ian but the supplier of the cheap Padrons.

Bob, you need to explain a few things.

Nobody was bashing Ian. A shipping concern was brought up and was corrected.

Bob, it's obvious you're quite annoyed so I'm not going to touch the comments themselves. In my short time here, Ian has proved to be quite the stand up guy, and has even taken minor lumps in stride (such as with the rare Fuente pricing - understandable from both sides of the story).

The thing that bothers me is your mention of threats by someone here. Most people will have no problems pointing out mistakes, but if someone is saying they'll intentionally come here to smear his or your name over some minor inventory issue seems like quite a serious thing (Ian has always adjusted things, even when it was a mistake on our end, as far I I've seen). The members here do a good job of keeping people aware of scumbags, but they'll also defend the good retailers when needed - and hopefully Ian and company won't be driven away by the threats of someone out to stir things up (as it looks to be here - but that's without knowing the full story).

tobaccoleaf1 said:
So keep bashing and the Padron offers will stop on Cigar Pass. THIS IS NOT THE ONLY FORUM TO SELL VERY HARD TO GET CIGARS AT DISCOUNT PRICES. Again this is not Ian but the supplier of the cheap Padrons.

This is offensive to CP in my humble opinion. The issue was resolved rather quickly IMO and now you are threatening to pull product from CP.

If my first post was seen as bashing I apologise; this was not my intention, but threatening pulling product from others on the forum is wrong.

Ian recieved a private message which is the proper method to deal with situations but this person in a round about way threatned to come out and post things if Ian didn't come and post he had made a mistake. I got rather peaved because we do our best to service everyone on here with fair and prompt servivce and was just stating that some of you just can't wait to bash. I'm not reffering to just this thread but to some in the past also and I thank everyone who comes to Ian's defense in these situations but it gets old when you make simple mistakes or there are misunderstandings and have to waste our time trying to clear things up in a public forum. So I'm simply saying to those who don't know how to deal with situations in a private post without implying a threat don't buy from Ian or myself for that matter we have no problem selling Padrons. Jabba I was only letting you know how your buddy got cheaper shipping. I hate typing so I'm done with this have a nice day.

BTW: I'm not speaking for Ian as he wished I would not have said anything because this is his deal but as I said I just got a little pissed.

Again, if you 2 operate separate businesses, why are you posting under the same name?

Also, nobody pubically bashed Ian. Jabba asked about the shipping and cookie 1978 brought up the $100 discrepancy on the 1926s. I don't see an issue w/ the way they went about this.

*** edited to correct my spelling error ***

Neither of the mentioned partys above are in question. We simply recieved a "threatening" e-mail and PM demanding that we post on this board that we were out of the 1926 #6 Maduros OR ELSE...dun...dun...duuunnn (scary music). Sometimes people simply get too emotional about their cigars...It's just difficult being misjudged by people who believe every retailer they deal with out side of a 1 on 1 transaction are trying to "mislead" or "trick" them.

Oh yeah, I'm not telling who on purpose. :p

tobaccoleaf1 said:
Neither of the mentioned partys above are in question. We simply recieved a "threatening" e-mail and PM demanding that we post on this board that we were out of the 1926 #6 Maduros OR ELSE...dun...dun...duuunnn (scary music). Sometimes people simply get too emotional about their cigars...It's just difficult being misjudged by people who believe every retailer they deal with out side of a 1 on 1 transaction are trying to "mislead" or "trick" them.

[snapback]283436[/snapback]​

Then PM me the persons name.

Again, if you and Ian run separate businesses, why are you posting under the same log in?

** edited to correct my spelling error ***

IAN... big mistake here! You're in the process of ruining your hard earned (good) reputation here.

Bob is entitled to his opinion (and his actions), but not using your username.

IMHO, Bob needs to create his own ID (so he can quickly become a pariah!- he's got that TWCigars customer service attitude!)

Jim

tobaccoleaf1 said:

[snapback]283436[/snapback]​

If you received a threatening e-mail from one person that made you get rather peaved you should have took care of this with the person that e-mailed you, instead of posting on the board to everyone that you could stop offering products to all CP members and then protect the person that started the whole thing , what do you want us to do about it ,what can we do about it , ok who ever you are stop sending threatening e-mails to people, I've now done all I can do, I hope this helps.
I just don't understand :(

ps I've made 2 orders from Ian in the last month and have had no prob. He runs a great sight .

Randy

So I want to end this right now. I wrote the following PM to Ian after finding out that he doesn't indeed have everything (PAM '26 #6) 'in stock:'

Ian...

I am going to ask you once to let everyone know that you don't have all the Padron 1926s in stock... so someone doesn't place an order (like I did) only to find out you don't have them 'all in stock.'

I'm a little pissed that I feel I was mislead by your site (which showed you had them available, even down to the number). Please be fair and let everyone know.

Thanks

Christopher (aka seadub)

I had resolved this situation with Ian, privately. Then Bob decided to add his 2cents. I do not want to see ill-will amoung other people who had nothing to do with the entire situation. So thanks to Bob for making a privately-handled situation a now public matter that has numerous heads spinning. All I asked for was a clarificaiton about what was 'in-stock' and I didn't feel at all out of line. Bob, when you know your website has an issue then it is your job to advertise fairly.

Lastly... I want to apologize to any of the members who took offense to this. It was not your issue. I am truly sorry (humbly bows head) that you may have developed any hard feelings because of this, that was certainly not my intent.

seadub said:
So I want to end this right now. I wrote the following PM to Ian after finding out that he doesn't indeed have everything (PAM '26 #6) 'in stock:'

Ian...

I am going to ask you once to let everyone know that you don't have all the Padron 1926s in stock... so someone doesn't place an order (like I did) only to find out you don't have them 'all in stock.'

I'm a little pissed that I feel I was mislead by your site (which showed you had them available, even down to the number). Please be fair and let everyone know.

Thanks

Christopher (aka seadub)

I had resolved this situation with Ian, privately. Then Bob decided to add his 2cents. I do not want to see ill-will amoung other people who had nothing to do with the entire situation. So thanks to Bob for making a privately-handled situation a now public matter that has numerous heads spinning. All I asked for was a clarificaiton about what was 'in-stock' and I didn't feel at all out of line. Bob, when you know your website has an issue then it is your job to advertise fairly.

Lastly... I want to apologize to any of the members who took offense to this. It was not your issue. I am truly sorry (humbly bows head) that you may have developed any hard feelings because of this, that was certainly not my intent.
[snapback]283453[/snapback]​

If this was the offending PM, I don't see where he was threatening to "expose" you to all members. He simply asked that you address the error on the board. Unless it was someone else that PM'd you I don't see how this warranted Bob's rant and threat to stop selling to all members of CP.

seadub said:
Ian...

The first part of this does seem a little pushy. You were going to ask him "once"? You sure as hell didn't "ask" for a clarification, seems to me you demanded one.

Just the way I read it.

bfreebern said:
seadub said:
Ian...

The first part of this does seem a little pushy. You were going to ask him "once"? You sure as hell didn't "ask" for a clarification, seems to me you demanded one.

Just the way I read it.
[snapback]283459[/snapback]​

I can see that Brandon. However considering the PM came from a newbie with 16 posts, it hardly represents the vast majority of CP members opinions. I just don't think the reply from Bob to all members on the board was warranted. It should have been handled through PMs.

EVEN taken in the worst way, that e-mail did not threaten any "exposing" action. Something else must have gone down. or, someone is overeacting.

here is my take - Bob is Ian boss - Bob saw the PM and wanted to respond - Ian said let it go - Bob said I am the boss and I will do whatever I damn well please :angry: - Ian you have always been 100% professional :thumbs: - Bob should stay out of the day to day business stuff and let you do what you do best, which is keep the people on CP happy with your customer service and good prices -

p.s. let us know when the 35's come in :)

Zeebra said:
I can see that Brandon. However considering the PM came from a newbie with 16 posts, it hardly represents the vast majority of CP members opinions. I just don't think the reply from Bob to all members on the board was warranted. It should have been handled through PMs.
[snapback]283462[/snapback]​

I agree. Bill is over reacting.

Still doesn't answer the question as to why they both are posting under the same name. Maybe I'm the only one that finds this to be wrong.

Zeebra said:
bfreebern said:
seadub said:
Ian...

Just the way I read it.
[snapback]283459[/snapback]​

[snapback]283462[/snapback]​

On the one hand, I would not expect most folks to check the newbie status of members sending them PMs or emails. But on the other hand, seadub was clearly a bit aggressive in his wording.

We have to remember that in dealing with vendors (and others), every single one of us is a de facto representative of the board in matters of good conduct and poor.

That said, Bob's response was unwarranted and confrontational. He said that he posted while angry and I say that that is never a good thing to do. Ian was never at risk here, at least not to those of us who know and deal with him. Your actions, however, have cast a pall on his presence here and now he has that much of a harder row to hoe with new members.

What a shame. This is yet another trifling matter that could and should have been resolved person-to-person. But in a public flogging, it has become an ugly matter, blown well out of proportion and revealing not but the worst of those involved. What a shame.

Wilkey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back